Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Has anyone opened packs yet? Are they as stacked as the YT'ers make it seem? Or did EA just stack their packs they gave them all to make people spend money?

I feel like every NHL 18 YT video is either "INSANE FIRST PACK OPENING" or "VEGAS FRANCHISE MODE!"

They're definitely decently juiced.

I also spent $100, my pulls weren't on Jonesy's level but decent. Scheifele, Wheeler x2, Giroux, Gaudreau, TOTW Collectible x2(They're worth like 20k right now).

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah I dropped $100 as well and got Price, then a handful of solid guys like Kuzy, Letang, RyJo. Also got Subban as an untradable from the bronze player trade in.

I read that the reason the pulls might be higher is because the TOTW is high end gold cards, so theoretically your odds are doubled to get the best players, if that makes sense.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I wound up caving in and buying the deluxe Young Stars edition off NHL 17 homepage. Was 85$. Said **** it.

I usually play a ton of HUT when the game drops waiting for them to update the rosters and rookies in like mid October so I can finally start an official franchise mode or BAP.

Plus HUT looks a little better this year with more to do so I may play it longer than I did 17. I played it a ton but last year I had trouble getting into and way too many damn cards.

Looking forward to starting up my team tonight. I didn't preorder it yet before EA Access so I'll have some more stuff to work with tonight. I'm ready!

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I dropped $60 on packs, can't say I was impressed. Best players were Panarin, Forsberg, and Giordano(x2). Got quite a few collectables tho so it wasn't all bad

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Anyone want to join myself and a few buddies tonight for midnight release and pack openings?

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Got 1 of the 3000, 1 1500 and 3 gold plus packs and got Tarasenko, Keith, Panarin and 3 Halls all rest are 85 and under

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
21740640_10156621469309418_4237415086133168019_n.jpg

21728185_10156621469299418_2976163428612538967_n.jpg

Tell me what is wrong with these pictures?

The game is ALREADY glitching. It went back in time, and took away a goal.

:facepalm:

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Recevied the 3 jerseys plus 2 gold plus packs (non tradable) for preorder upon login. question is when do i start to get my first weekly 2 packs (out of 40) do we have to wait till friday when full release?

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
That would be my guess.

I was excited to get McDavid and Matthews, until I looked at their stats.

I might as well have Nuge and Bozak lol.

Yea i got the Mcdavid rookie and Galychenyuk (habs fan) with my preoder there good for now though buddy. In my preorfer 2 gold plus pack best pulll i got was Grandlund cant complain i guess good stats

spacemunky

Jan 20, 2013
Ontario Canada
Yea i got the Mcdavid rookie and Galychenyuk (habs fan) with my preoder there good for now though buddy. In my preorfer 2 gold plus pack best pulll i got was Grandlund cant complain i guess good stats

Yeah I guess I should be happy. They're better than the rest of my team lol.

Next best player was Kadri.

Got Larkin in an auction for 700 which seemed nuts.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
So uhhhh.... this game is great and everything, but I'm unable to edit my special teams at all. They just slot in players from my lineup. Horvat is my #2C, and I'm unable to get him off the PK in favour of my 3C Couturier. If I slot Couturier in as my 2C he's also on the 2nd PP where i want Horvat.

It seems whoever is slotted into my 2C position is on PP2 and PK2 and there's nothing I can do about it.

edit: figured it out.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
HUT Challenges are great. My issue with HUT has always been that it's been about who decides to spend 100 bucks on packs vs who doesn't. The challenges adds a nice mode where you can your feet up, play some cool, and quick challenges, and in return get coins or packs.

I just played for an hour and I now have close to 20K in pucks, and an unopened gold pack.

Good stuff

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Some of the players I got in my preorder packs don't show up when's I go to put them in my lineup (halak being one I first noticed because I lack goalies) but they show up in the my collection screen. Hm weird bug?

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Not sure about the market right now sold Tarasenko for 120k last night and is now like 69k, not sure if I should just hold onto coins, even saw Ovechkin for like 170k earlier but with him only 88 he might drop even further.

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
Not sure about the market right now sold Tarasenko for 120k last night and is now like 69k, not sure if I should just hold onto coins, even saw Ovechkin for like 170k earlier but with him only 88 he might drop even further.

New to NHL ultimate team.. but if NHL is anything like madden, the show (less so since they're live), fifa, etc... best to sell now as the prices will continue to go down.

Might spike again when the general game is released though.. Madden did atleast.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
HUT Challenges are great. My issue with HUT has always been that it's been about who decides to spend 100 bucks on packs vs who doesn't. The challenges adds a nice mode where you can your feet up, play some cool, and quick challenges, and in return get coins or packs.

I just played for an hour and I now have close to 20K in pucks, and an unopened gold pack.

Good stuff

Agreed it sucks coming in here and seeing people shelling about $100 for all star teams already. Never going to judge someone or tell someone how to spend their money but it's just sucks to see. Played for a while last night and it was fun to complete the challenges and try and bid on some players and actually work to build a good line up. HUT back in NHL 12 was the best.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Hopefully the talent pool gets evened out. I feel like every HUT online game I play I either can't get the puck out of my zone (maybe there is a strategy you can set to have your wingers come lower for outlet passes?) where their forechecker turns me over at will, or I am playing a scrub that I outshoot 35-5 and win 6-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad