Next Year's Line up

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I'd like to see the Sedin's split up.
It's been noted in a few previous threads Goldobin will most likely do well with pure playmaker. So pair him with H.Sedin.
The way Eriksson has played he doesn't belong anywhere near the top line... but where else do you put him?
We have 9 middle 6 players... and not 1 single top line player and it's disgusting..
We clearly need a legit #1 centre..
Would still like to find room for Brock Boeser. But where? We have a ton of depth on wing right now... maybe that actually can make him expendable for said #1 centre
Boeser, our 2017 #1 draft, for to move up into the top2 and draft Patrick?

D.Sedin-????????-Eriksson
Granlund-H.Sedin-Goldobin
Baertschi-Horvat-Sutter
Boucher-Cramarossa-Dorsett
Nobody we have acquired makes boeser expendable. He is the only winger in the system that has a decent chance at being a 1st liner.

We should continue to accumulate young assets and pray a bunch of them work out.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Goldobin - Horvat - Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Baertschi - Sutter - Boeser
Camatossa - Gaunce - Boucher
Skille

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Tanev
Tryamkin - Gudbranson
Pedan - Biega

Miller
Markstrom

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-(Cheap UFA, you flip at TD)
Guance- (Cheap UFA, you flip at TD)-Dorsett

Hutton-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Tryamkin-RealGud

Miller
Markstrom

Trade Baertschi after XD.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yeah we should be targeting 1 year deals with a veteran or two on the cheap, and a couple younger guys who can push for a spot in training camp. It would be best if we can push some of our prospects onto Utica for at least until the deadline if they aren't ready.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah we should be targeting 1 year deals with a veteran or two on the cheap, and a couple younger guys who can push for a spot in training camp. It would be best if we can push some of our prospects onto Utica for at least until the deadline if they aren't ready.

Or grabbing and trying youngish guys like Marchessault.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Goldobin - Horvat - Eriksson
Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Baertschi - Sutter - Boeser
Camatossa - Gaunce - Boucher
Skille

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Tanev
Tryamkin - Gudbranson
Pedan - Biega

Miller
Markstrom

I have a similar roster priced at around $71m ($5.5 Horvat long term, $5m Miller, Gudbranson $4.5m, Tryamkin $1.5m). If Miller isn't resigned its not an issue or if he takes a very low deal ($3m-3.5m) should be ok. One thing that needs to happen though is Dorsett either disappearing or going on permanent LTIR until his contract runs out. If Dorsett is fit to play we have cap problems.

As it stands, with Miller instead of a $1m backup, we are a capped out tank team. Go figure.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
If Wiley Willie is still coach and Francesco Lindenningbrod is back to thinking "there's a chance":

D Sedin - H Sedin - Megna
Baertschi - Horvat - Boucher
Granlund - Sutter - Radulov (6 years / 42 million)
Eriksson - Cramarossa - Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Sbisa-Stecher
Tryamkin
Biega

Miller (2 years 12 million)
Markstrom

Expansion: Gaunce
IR: Rodin
AHL: Goldobin, Boeser, Virtanen, Dahlen, Subban, Demko

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
Whatever the line up, I hope all of Virt, Boeser and Demko stay in the A. Even if all the planets are aligned and all the young players stick and play decently in their rookie years in the NHL, the team is not in any better shape than it has been the last 2 years.

For the purpose of long term development of the team it's best to let the future marinate.

EDIT: I'd add Dahlin and Juolevi to that list as well. Goldy has done his time in the A and I'd be fine with him in the NHL line up going forward.

Last edited:

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
Whatever the line up, I hope all of Virt, Boeser and Demko stay in the A. Even if all the planets are aligned and all the young players stick and play decently in their rookie years in the NHL, the team is not in any better shape than it has been the last 2 years.

For the purpose of long term development of the team it's best to let the future marinate.

EDIT: I'd add Dahlin to that list as well. Goldy has done his time in the A and I'd be fine with him in the NHL line up going forward.

We just might be bad enough next year to draft him. Rasmus Dahlin :sarcasm: is still only 16 though.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
What ufas should we get?

Nobody. Stay out of that over priced market. Worst thing a rebuilding team can do. Personally I think that anchoring to Loui Eriksson is the worst move Benning has made.

Unless, like a previous poster just said you do what the Leafs did and sign a couple of guys to one year deals that you can move at the deadline for picks.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
This isn't a line up per say but here is my attempt at some positive thinking and my wish list going into next season given the likelihood that Benning won't be fired:

1. Ownership and management have truly committed to a proper rebuild and make moves consistent with that.
2. Willie Desjardins is fired and replaced with a coach who will give young players prime ice time.
3. Brock Boeser is signed and starts in Utica unless he excels early.
4. Adam Gaudette is signed after his season to play in Utica next year.
5. Canucks win the Zach Austin-Reese sweepstakes and sign him to play in Utica with Gaudette.
6. Jonathan Dahlen is signed to play in Utica next year
7. Luca Sbisa is claimed by Vegas in the expansion draft.
8. Benning makes a bold move before the draft, gets Edler to waive, trades him for a good package of prospect and pick
9. Benning drafts a good centre with an early pick
10. Ryan Miller is not resigned
11. Benning stays out of the UFA market other than to find an experienced, affordable back up to support Markstrom
12. Megna and Chaput are not resigned, unless to play in Utica
13. McEneny is resigned to develop in Utica
14. Utica is cleaned up. Stocked with better prospects and better veterans to support youth
15. Virtanen comes to camp in great shape, focused, and earns a job on Canucks in bottom 6

That is not too much to ask for is it?

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
I wanna see Goldobin with Horvat

Sedin Sedin Boeser
Goldobin Horvat Eriksson
Baertschi Sutter Granlund
Camarossa Gaunce Virtanen

Edler Stecher
Hutton Tanev
Tryamkin Gudbranson

or split the Sedins(too slow now)

Goldobin Henrik Eriksson
Daniel Horvat Boeser

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I wanna see Goldobin with Horvat

Sedin Sedin Boeser
Goldobin Horvat Eriksson

Edler Stecher
Hutton Tanev
Tryamkin Gudbranson

or split the Sedins(too slow now)

Goldobin Henrik Eriksson
Daniel Horvat Boeser

I like your suggestion. That's pretty much the same roster I'd go.

Still a bit premature at this point cuz who knows what happens.

But definitely, like the 2 roster lineups you suggested (Splitting the Sedins should be explored most definitely).

Not seeing Megna and Chaput in the lineup is an upgrade already. Haha. But I'm okay with Megna and Chaput as call-ups

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Baertschi Horvat Eriksson
D.Sedin H.Sedin Rodin
Granlund Sutter Goldobin
Cramarossa Chaput Megna
Gaunce

Edler Stecher
Hutton Tanev
Tryamkin Gudbranson
Juolevi Biega

Markstrom
Miller

CALL UPS: (f) Boeser Virtanen Labate Dahlen (d) Subban McEneny (g) Demko

Roster is without free agents other than re signing Megna and Rodin who I think have earned another look.
Assuming Sbisa goes to Vegas. Probably a good idea to sign a Right Winger.

Hoping we have a couple NCAA free agents like Brickley, Aston-Reece, CJ Smith. Be nice if Gaudette and Dahlen go to Utica as well.

Last edited:

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Ideally we can stay as far under the cap as possible to be ready to take on cap dumps along with picks and prospects.

That will be tough given that I project the Canucks to be very tight to the cap unless pizza is taken in the ED.

Burrows, Miller and Hansen coming off means $12.5 million in cap space because the Canucks retain 0.5 million on Hansen.

Elliott Friedman report in Feb that the cap should remain flat.

Markstrom has a $2 million increase, Hutton also up about $2 million. Horvat, I expect up by $4 million or more. Tryamkin up about $1 million. Gudbranson should just get a qo so up a small amount $0.5 million.

Add in roster spot replacements for burrows and Hansen of goldobin and Boeser at elc rates that's another $2 million.

Total to replace and pay increases is $11.5 and we still need a backup goalie.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
I just want to see boeser / juolevi / dahlen / gaudette / virtanen in the AHL and not have any more boat anchor contracts on the NHL team.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I just want to see boeser / juolevi / dahlen / gaudette / virtanen in the AHL and not have any more boat anchor contracts on the NHL team.

Juolevi is not eligible to go to the AHL. I think he should play in Europe if he isn't physically ready for he NHL. Looking at goldobin stats he played in finland after he was drafted.

Dahlen, I wonder if he is physically ready for the AHL. Don't want him to end up like Rodin who came over too early and could not withstand the physicality and got hurt.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Juolevi is not eligible to go to the AHL. I think he should play in Europe if he isn't physically ready for he NHL. Looking at goldobin stats he played in finland after he was drafted.

Dahlen, I wonder if he is physically ready for the AHL. Don't want him to end up like Rodin who came over too early and could not withstand the physicality and got hurt.

The SHL next season would be ideal to Dahlen imo. The AHL is a big step up from the Allsvenkan.

I'm fine with Juolevi going back to the OHL if he isn't ready. No reason to rush him to the NHL just to keep him out of the OHL. Finland would be good too if possible.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
The SHL next season would be ideal to Dahlen imo. The AHL is a big step up from the Allsvenkan.

I'm fine with Juolevi going back to the OHL if he isn't ready. No reason to rush him to the NHL just to keep him out of the OHL. Finland would be good too if possible.

I would prefer Europe over the ohl for juolevi because in the ohl, he would be in the oldest age group. While in Europe he would be playing against men which should be more of a challenge for him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson
Sedin-Sedin-Goldobin
Granlund-Sutter-Boeser
Gaunce-Cram-Dorsett
Chaput

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Tryamkin-Stecher
Juolevi, Biega

Miller
Markstrom

This is with Sbisa being selected in the expansion draft - I think his salary/term and the lack of great options on our team will make him the pick. Higher salary means Vegas can worry less about hitting that minimum salary with the other picks. Boucher, Megna, Virtanen are the top guys in Utica.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Starting next season, I think that Eriksson will find his grove and hover around 65 points.

He is way too intelligent and skilled to be as bad as he's been this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad