Next World Cup

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
yep how can you have a world tournament and not include the czech ,swiss,slovakia even germany has talent now.
I wont watch, and I mean a product has to be pretty pathetic for me of all people not to watch any Team Canada action.

But this idea is so raunchy I will be tuned out.......its a mere exhibition imo, not a real international hockey event. The hockey will mean nothing and the results will mean nothing.

The NHL really needs to get a hold of itself and come to their senses because this idea will flat out bomb with the public.

Reactions: hockey20000

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1701962186289.png

Found this interesting. Top 10 goalies by save percentage

Canucks are yellow
Americans are blue

1 Russian and 1 Swede. Canada currently has 3 of the 4 best saver percentages in the NHL. Did not see that coming. I was expecting 4 Russians, 2 Swedes, 3 Americans and 1 Finn.lol

Reactions: jj cale

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
This is still infinitely better than the bullshit we got in 2016. Horrendous slap in the face.

They really could invite the Czechs who have more than enough NHLers and make a 5 team round robin, with top four doing a seeded single elimination SF -> single elimination finals. Every team guaranteed four games minimum, four will play five and two will play six. It would be short, to the point, but also a pretty decently run tourney.

Reactions: Czechboy

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I still would like it to be an 8-team event with 2 divisions. No matter how flawed some rosters might be, I`d include Czech, Slovakia, Germany and Switzerland:

Group A:

Canada
Finland
Germany
Slovakia

Group B:

USA
Sweden
Czechs
Swiss

3 game groupstage for all. Then A1-B4 etc... You could also only have the 2 best from each group advance, A1-B2 and B1-A2 and winners in the final. Its a shorter tournament, with 3-5 games / team

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023

f*** this tournament but here is an NHL article speculating on rosters.
Lol. Team Canada is nowhere close to what that article has them. Way too old. Hyman? RNH? 36 year-old Crosby on first line over McDavid? More accurate portrayal of Team Canada:

Bedard-McDavid-Marner
Barzal-Point-MacKinnon
Byfield-Crosby-Konecny
Marchand-Thomas-McTavish
Extras: Scheifele, Stamkos

Toews-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Pelech-Morrisey
Power-Dobson

Hill
Thompson
Jarry