next star after draft 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Phil Kessel

This guys really reminds me of the Mike Modano in his prime. This kid has some serious skill, and speed to burn.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Korkki said:
Osala has played only few games on tier 2 league this season and he plays Junior A 2nd tier level. He has not been good overall. The 2nd best Finnish on 2006 is Jonas Enlund from HIFK.

Some stats, Key: Pos on team scoring, name, Gms, Gls, Asst, Pts, +, -, +/- tot, Pmin, shots, shot%
Osala (junior A division stats are not complete):
Mestis: 27. Osala Oskar 5 0 1 1 0 1 -1 2 5 0
Junior A division 1. round: 3. Osala Oskar 10 8 8 16 0 0 0 8 0
Junior A division 2. round: 6. Osala Oskar 3 1 2 3 0 0 0 16 0
Enlund:
Junior A SM-liiga: 2. Enlund Jonas 23 8 12 20 23 14 +9 6 91 8,79
For comparing, Joensuu:
Junior A Sm-liiga: 4. Joensuu Jesse 10 6 7 13 16 14 +2 12 43 13,95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND from Ilves-Ässät game today:
34.55 Jesse Joensuu 1-2 (Juha Kiilholma, Aki Heino)

Jesse scored his first goal in SENIOR level, in a league which is in top three of the world (according to NHL scouts who were interviewed on Finnish TV) and he is not even 18 yet.

NHL, RSL, SEL are ahead of the Sm-Liiga. Maybe even the AHL is as well, sans lock-out players that is. I wanna know who these scouts are.

I'd say its 4th

EDIT: And thats not to take anything away from Joensuu. From the clips i've seen of him, i dont have any doubts he will be an impact player in the NHL.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
If there is a draft 2005, we all know who r the top rated players.

Who is the star 2006? I´ve heard there r an american and a fin player which should have tremendous talent? is it true?

Who will be first overall in 2007 mock draft?

I mean since a long time we did know that Sid and Alex were the elite of their drafts. Is it in 2006 n 07 the same?

Who might be a future superstar?

future as in way in the future john tavares... he is a 1990 birthday, can't be drafted to the ohl until 2006.. and has a late birthday so for the purposes of the nhl draft 2009.. if u haven't heard of this kid yet you soon will.. he is only in grade 9 played with the marlies last year in toronto and won the major bantam all ontarios and was on the allstar team for the tournament.. tsn has already talked about him.. http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=106431

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I watched Michal Frolik play last winter and he was simply freakin amazing...he led a team of Czech 15 year old's past a team of 20 year old collegiate canadians and an under 20 all-star team from the United Stated Junior League.

The kid is a big time talent, the things he was doing with the puck amazed me.

Also I watched Joensuu in the same tournament, he impressed me big time as well. Scored a bi overtime goal to send the Finns U18 team to the final...a final they ended up winning...Tuuka Rask (05) was on that team, he was oustanding.

Unbiased Canadian

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
bonefizzle said:
future as in way in the future john tavares... he is a 1990 birthday, can't be drafted to the ohl until 2006.. and has a late birthday so for the purposes of the nhl draft 2009.. if u haven't heard of this kid yet you soon will.. he is only in grade 9 played with the marlies last year in toronto and won the major bantam all ontarios and was on the allstar team for the tournament.. tsn has already talked about him.. http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=106431
Amazing stats in junior A.....this kid could be much like Crosby in terms of hype. I think Crosby was playing Midget AAA and dominating at the age of 14.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
Amazing stats in junior A.....this kid could be much like Crosby in terms of hype. I think Crosby was playing Midget AAA and dominating at the age of 14.

Tavares' stats aren't unprecedented though. He's got 8 points in 11 games. At the same age and in the same league Rob Schremp scored something like 70+ points. Of course the hype for him at that time was ridiculous. Tavares is surely an amazing player but I don't see anything warranting a comparison to Crosby at this point.

Either way, he clearly falls outside the scope of this thread.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Since we are talking 90 borns.

Patrice Cormier from Moncton.

6'01 180 and is playing in the MJAHL. A rough league and he is playing as a 14 year old because Midget AAA NB wouldnt let him play Midget.

He has 0.60 ppg on an average squad.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
pavel datsyuk said:
NHL, RSL, SEL are ahead of the Sm-Liiga. Maybe even the AHL is as well, sans lock-out players that is. I wanna know who these scouts are.
There were three head scouts interviewed in MTV3 -channel's Tulosruutu (sports program) just the same day I wrote that post. At least Columbus's and NY Rangers guys and they all said that Finland belongs to top 3 leagues of the world. I think they meant the situation now when NHL is out.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:

I think it´s too early to talk about him. probably in 2 years we can start talks aout him but not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad