next star after draft 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
If there is a draft 2005, we all know who r the top rated players.

Who is the star 2006? I´ve heard there r an american and a fin player which should have tremendous talent? is it true?

Who will be first overall in 2007 mock draft?

I mean since a long time we did know that Sid and Alex were the elite of their drafts. Is it in 2006 n 07 the same?

Who might be a future superstar?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Right now, the name to remember for 2006 is Phil Kessel, a tremendously talented American who will be one of the youngest players at the WJC at the end of the month. There are a few others who are at the top of the list, but Kessel seems to be the most interesting talent out there. He's a year younger than his peers on the US's highly talented U-18 team, but is seemingly the most talented. He recently raised a lot eye brows in an exhibition charity game against some NHLers, having several of them asking "who is THAT?".

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Who is the star 2006? I´ve heard there r an american and a fin player which should have tremendous talent?

Your probably talking about Jesse Joensuu. Born late 87. Big winger who shoots right. The possible number one in the whole draft is chechz-player Michal Frolik born 88. At least that is what i have heard.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
rivercanyon said:
Your probably talking about Jesse Joensuu. Born late 87. Big winger who shoots right.
Shoots left (as may be seen from my avatar). I have heard comparisons to Olli Jokinen and 70es Finnish superstar Veli-Pekka Ketola.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Every Top 5 list I've seen so far has been some permutation of the following guys:

Jesse Joensuu
Peter Mueller
Michael Frolik
Phil Kessel
Alexander Vasyunov

X-SHARKIE

Epsilon said:
Every Top 5 list I've seen so far has been some permutation of the following guys:

Jesse Joensuu
Peter Mueller
Michael Frolik
Phil Kessel
Alexander Vasyunov

That would be the consensus top 5 for sure. I seen Kessel this summer when he worked me at a Goalie camp in Madison Wisconsin. I also saw him once this year and he was amazing. I expect him to put up very impressive numbers for his age at the WJC's. He's the real deal.

Frolik is a player that I've never seen, but he's the most hyped out of the top 5. He's supposed to be the best player out of the Czech republic since Jagr! Not sure about his WJC's outlook?

Joensuu if i'm not mistaken is going to be playing at the WJC's this year as well.

Mueller was also very impressive in my only time seeing him this year. But IMO he's not quite up with Kessel.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Epsilon said:

Jesse Joensuu
Peter Mueller
Michael Frolik
Phil Kessel
Alexander Vasyunov

Which of those 5 guys has the most potential? Who will be most likely the 1st overall?

By the way isn´t Frolik 5´9?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Which of those 5 guys has the most potential? Who will be most likely the 1st overall?

By the way isn´t Frolik 5´9?
McKeen's has him at 6'1", 185 lb.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
Top 10

What was ISS top 10 of the 2006 prospects, I saw the October one i believe what about Novembers or this months. Thanks

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Epsilon said:

Jesse Joensuu
Peter Mueller
Michael Frolik
Phil Kessel
Alexander Vasyunov

It would be nice if someone would post a decent scouting report about these 5.
thnx

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
I think the top 5 for 2006 will be a little bit clearer after this years WJC, with Kessel, Joensuu and Frolik playing for their national teams. Hopefully they'll get signifigant icetime.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Stevex said:
What about Oskar Osala? He was meant to be up there with Joensuu.
Osala has played only few games on tier 2 league this season and he plays Junior A 2nd tier level. He has not been good overall. The 2nd best Finnish on 2006 is Jonas Enlund from HIFK.

Some stats, Key: Pos on team scoring, name, Gms, Gls, Asst, Pts, +, -, +/- tot, Pmin, shots, shot%
Osala (junior A division stats are not complete):
Mestis: 27. Osala Oskar 5 0 1 1 0 1 -1 2 5 0
Junior A division 1. round: 3. Osala Oskar 10 8 8 16 0 0 0 8 0
Junior A division 2. round: 6. Osala Oskar 3 1 2 3 0 0 0 16 0
Enlund:
Junior A SM-liiga: 2. Enlund Jonas 23 8 12 20 23 14 +9 6 91 8,79
For comparing, Joensuu:
Junior A Sm-liiga: 4. Joensuu Jesse 10 6 7 13 16 14 +2 12 43 13,95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND from Ilves-Ässät game today:
34.55 Jesse Joensuu 1-2 (Juha Kiilholma, Aki Heino)

Jesse scored his first goal in SENIOR level, in a league which is in top three of the world (according to NHL scouts who were interviewed on Finnish TV) and he is not even 18 yet.

Last edited:

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Damn, Korkki beat me to it.. I've been waiting all season for Jesse's first.. today it came.

This kid is going to be huge, great player as a boy in a league of men already.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
Others?

Were there any other Americans on the ISS rankings, I know Mueller Kessel from the U-18 team and Johnson from the U-17 team were on I believe the october rankings, have they changed since then? Is Summers or Flynn on their from the U-17 team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad