Status
Not open for further replies.

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
David said:
Why would Fleury be ineligible?

Fleury is eligible.

I really have no clue who is going to win this thing this year. With all of the rule changes and 2 groups of rookies coming into the league along with some older rookies like Carter, Stewart and Letonen (sp?) I think it will be really up in the air. However with everyone talking about Crosby like they have been (ie hockey people, Mario, Wayne, etc.) I think he will have a great chance. But I also feel that with the improvements that the Pens have made so far they could be a playoff team, and possible go a round or two into the playoffs. That being said if M.A. Fleury backstops them for most of the season and into the playoffs I think that Crosby would have to have an exceptional year (75+points) in order to be able to beat Fleury out for the Calder. Just look at how good of a season Ryder (63 pts), Hunter (51 pts), and Bergeron (39 pts) had last year and they still lost to a goalie who didn't even have a winning percentage of .750 (Not even 30 wins) on a team who had been decent the two years before. So in my opinion if Fleury plays the majority of the games for the Pens and they make the playoffs he has to be considered as one of the favourites since the team has been horrible for the last decade. :dunno:

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Remax said:
Fleury is eligible.

Precisely my point.

However, IMHO, I think that it would be pretty hard for either Fleury or Lehtonen to win the Calder because of the teams that they play for. No defense. I would give Ryan Miller just as much chance to win the trophy as the other two mentioned here.

I think that this year's Calder race is wide open like never before and too hard to call...everybody from Crosby (esp with all the fire power in Pitts now!) to OV (although not much supporting cast in Washington) to Zach Parise to Jeff Carter to many other dark horses like a Derek Roy or Anthony Stewart or Perezhogan or ...

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
I'd definitely bet on Crosby. Because of the hype surrounding him I think he'll be given every chance to play with guys like Mario, Palffy, and Recchi, and will get a lot of minutes on the PP. Jeff Carter could put up huge numbers if he played with Forsberg, but that seems less likely, and Ovechkin wont have much help at all. Given the same linemates I'd probably bet on someone other than Crosby as there are a number of elite prospects out there who are 2 years older than him, but with the offensive talent Pitt has Crosby could tear it up.

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Crusher20 said:
Alexander Perezhogin Right Wing
Born Aug 10 1983 -- Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazachstan
Height 5.09 -- Weight 168
Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 1 #25 overall 2001 NHL Entry Draft

2004-05 Omsk Avangard Russia 43 15 18 33 18

Alexei Kovalev Right Wing
Born Feb 24 1973 -- Togliatti, Russia
Height 6.02 -- Weight 210
Selected by New-York Rangers round 1 #15 overall 1991 NHL Entry Draft

2004-05 Kazan Ak-Bars Russia 35 10 13 23 80

Vincent Lecavalier Center
Born Apr 21 1980 -- Ile Bizard, PQ
Height 6.04 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots L
Selected by Tampa-Bay Lightning round 1 #1 overall 1998 NHL Entry Draft

2004-05 Kazan Ak-Bars Russia 30 7 8 15 78

Alexander Ovechkin Left Wing
Born Sep 17 1985 -- Moscow, Russia
Height 6.01 -- Weight 212 -- Shoots R
Selected by Washington Capitals round 1 #1 overall 2004 NHL Entry Draft

2004-05 Moscow Dynamo Russia 37 13 14 27 32
Alexei Kaygorodov Center
Born Jul 29 1983
Height 6.00 -- Weight 192
Selected by Ottawa Senators round 2 #47 overall 2002 NHL Entry Draft

2004-05 Magnitogorsk Metallurg Russia 57 15 33 48 42

He's a little bit older than the others, outplayed many established NHLers in the RSL, was the #1 centre on Malkin's own team, and if he comes over will probably centre Hossa's line for the sens. He could surprise alot of people this year. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad