Player Discussion Next season: JPG or Zibby in the 2nd line center role?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think he could be a top line C still.

He really looks to be on the cusp of breaking out to me. He needs to show up for camp in the best shape of life and I have a feeling he'll really take off.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Zibanejad may have potential to be a very low end 1C. I don't think he has the high end skills and creativity to be a good 1C.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Pageau is like that little ugly French guy at the bar who is persistent and takes you home because you kind of respect the work he is putting into it. (and also, you feel a bit sorry for him)

Zibanejad is the tall, suave latin?persian?indian? guy at the side of the bar, just chilling and avoiding eye contact. He's got game, but you're kind of annoyed at him for being a passive dickwad and not manning up to talk to you.

Take your pick.

This is prose worthy of your namesake. I feel a little more enlightened for having read it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pageau is like that little ugly French guy at the bar who is persistent and takes you home because you kind of respect the work he is putting into it. (and also, you feel a bit sorry for him)

Zibanejad is the tall, suave latin?persian?indian? guy at the side of the bar, just chilling and avoiding eye contact. He's got game, but you're kind of annoyed at him for being a passive dickwad and not manning up to talk to you.

Take your pick.

:laugh: awesome

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
How can you know his prime?

He's CURRENTLY a 50 pt player. You don't think he can provide a 10 point increase as he grows? (he's 22)

Did you forget that this is only his FOURTH year playing on North American ice?

Do you agree that if he simply becomes a 60 point center, that no upgrades are needed? (he would be a 1B, so we would have two 1Bs)

And lastly, would you agree that if he just works out hard this summer and comes into training camp in good shape, that he can avoid the beginning season mega slump he's had the past two seasons and thus become that 60 point center just by avoiding said slump?

I agree with most of this.
I just don't think he accomplishes it, that's all.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Zibanejad may have potential to be a very low end 1C. I don't think he has the high end skills and creativity to be a good 1C.

But he does. One of the most creative players on our roster, if you see him in shootouts, and break aways, sweet passer as well. Its a confidence thing with him as it should be when you look at his age.

I honestly think (and I know this gets said every offseason) next season we will see Zibby breakout. He plays his best when he is motivated examples being a game on his birthday, home ice when his family are in the building, after he scores a goal, when wins are crucial, now imagine him playing a whole season with the opportunity to cash in on more money than he has ever seen, and set himself up for life.

I'm not gonna project a number because I never get those right but I see him being their with the top centres next season, especially if he plays with Hoff and Stone.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
200_s.gif

Pageau's emergence shouldn't slot him up a spot for these reasons.

It's a great thing even if he just stays on our 3rd line (or 2B line, if you will).

He's getting more and more comfortable in the NHL, and his offensive game is still blossoming. That doesn't mean we should slot him as 2C though.

Give him good linemates. He seems to do good with Smitty and having LH and RH centers on the same line is excellent for possession. Keep that duo, add a good RW (Colin White? Mike Santorelli?) on that line, OTHER THAN ALEX CHIASSON. And we'd be good.

I still have lots of faith in Zbad. He's a 20 goal 50 point two way center right now. If he shows just a little bit more growth, he starts entering 1B territory...

Really, if Zbad just comes into camp in better shape than the past 2 seasons and doesn't go through a bad beginning season slump like the past 2 seasons, he's a 60 point forward.

Next season is really important for Zbad, but as it stands he's a very good 2C, and we have two other great centers in Turris and Pageau. If Zbad takes that next step like Turris and Pageau did, watch out. I like that center depth very much.

I think Chiasson is miy first cut to this roster, he's under performed and we could use a more impact player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad