Next Canucks star?

Favre4

Mar 14, 2014
Who do you consider the next star player for our squad? Obviously this team will need a new high end player to lead them as the Sedins years are catching up on them...so in the coming years who do u see emerging in that role? A prospect like Virtanen? A long shot like cassels? Rodin? Maybe a future free agent you see the Canucks picking up?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Boeser has the best shot

Outside shots at being super stars are Gaudette and Tater Tot Olsen

Hutton if he progresses his offence to be as good as his position and d was last year then watch out league

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Boeser, Virtanen. jolovie and Demko all have chances to be the next stars...

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Maybe I just have a bit of a higher threshold for "star" but I don't think we have any in the system right now.

JA

I think a legitimate superstar has yet to be drafted by the Canucks.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
nolan patrick or we ll get to see the joulevi - liljegren pairing in the near future

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I think Boeser is the only guy who has a chance of being a top line contributor from our system. Juolevi likely won't be a star, more of a #2 defenseman. But who knows? Would love to see Virtanen break out, but I think we should be thrilled if he becomes a JVR kind of player. Horvat could be a Kesler kind of player - is that a star? I think Kesler probably was for at least one year.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Patrick White, miles ahead of that nobody david perron. Seriously though, maybe Demko? His number in college seems elite to me.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
IMO Boeser is the only one of our forward prospects who has the potential to have multiple 35+ goal seasons.

Juolevi has the potential to become a franchise #1 defenseman, but I think he's more likely to top out as an excellent #2D for us.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Juolevi doesn't play a flashy game so I'd say he's out. Boeser or Demko have a shot. But I don't see any true franchise level talents in our system. Bo will be more of a good 2nd liner type in my opinion.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Does Horvat count? I feel like he's being sold as a star and plays well enough to deserve at least some of the hype. If he takes another step this season is he a legit star?

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Gonna go with Demko.

He looks better than Schneider at the same age and assuming he has a similar development curve, Vancouver is going to fall in love with him as they do with goalies of recent past.

Further, Canucks don't have a "Pavel Bure or Markus Naslund" in the making. As good as Boeser may be, he doesn't have the same swagger as them. Given that we are also in the same division as McDavid, I doubt anyone the Canucks have, or will draft, can compare to him in the next decade.

That means, our stars won't be from offense, but from suppression. And that's why I think Demko will be the Canucks equalizer.

The future core is going to be carried by a goalie and defence due to lack of offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad