News Article: News & Notes XXXVI: Leadup to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

For those with time...

Trochy as they called him was on about 33 minutes.

A lot of locker room style stories, not for little ears.

Talked about O'Brian and Tro's time in the AHL in San Antonio
Tro was surprised he was traded but could kind of see it coming. His year with Florida wasnt great. Q had just come in and he and Q didnt see eye to eye. He played 6 minutes the night before the deadline in Vegas. He kind of new then that that he may get traded.
They talked about Hakanpaa. A lot of positive about him. Tro said he is a monster and chiseled.
They brought that we didnt do more on the deadline. Tro said Rod really doesnt like mid-season acquisitions. So, we may not very many. I guess that speaks volumes for Tro and Skjei.
They talked about fans and how wild Carolina fans get, especially tailgating. Upshall talked about the NHL brought the top 10 prospects down to Raleigh for game 3 of 2002 playoffs. He was overly impressed with the fans in the 3 OT game. Didnt sit down the whole game. Loved the tailgating. Enjoyed a time at Hooters on the NHL's dime with a fake ID. Tro talked about being excited to have more than 4500 fans in the building and it being rocking for the playoffs. Tro isnt a huge fan of the Surge but goes a long because the fans love it. Tro and the guys notice online how fans are already making plans for tailgating when they are allowed to.
They talked about Rod. Tro said his contract status isnt really talked about but did say the players were aware of the rumors on the internet. Just wait and see kind of a thing. Everyone loves playing for him. He has them play a playoff style hockey every night. Hard hockey just like he used to play.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Trochy as they called him was on about 33 minutes.

A lot of locker room style stories, not for little ears.

Talked about O'Brian and Tro's time in the AHL in San Antonio
Tro was surprised he was traded but could kind of see it coming. His year with Florida wasnt great. Q had just come in and he and Q didnt see eye to eye. He played 6 minutes the night before the deadline in Vegas. He kind of new then that that he may get traded.
They talked about Hakanpaa. A lot of positive about him. Tro said he is a monster and chiseled.
They brought that we didnt do more on the deadline. Tro said Rod really doesnt like mid-season acquisitions. So, we may not very many. I guess that speaks volumes for Tro and Skjei.
They talked about fans and how wild Carolina fans get, especially tailgating. Upshall talked about the NHL brought the top 10 prospects down to Raleigh for game 3 of 2002 playoffs. He was overly impressed with the fans in the 3 OT game. Didnt sit down the whole game. Loved the tailgating. Enjoyed a time at Hooters on the NHL's dime with a fake ID. Tro talked about being excited to have more than 4500 fans in the building and it being rocking for the playoffs. Tro isnt a huge fan of the Surge but goes a long because the fans love it. Tro and the guys notice online how fans are already making plans for tailgating when they are allowed to.
They talked about Rod. Tro said his contract status isnt really talked about but did say the players were aware of the rumors on the internet. Just wait and see kind of a thing. Everyone loves playing for him. He has them play a playoff style hockey every night. Hard hockey just like he used to play.
Interesting side note, he loves the Whalers jerseys and wished they “wore them all year”......:D

Reactions: raynman and DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
2-0 Preds after 2. Probably not tonight but that's okay, the boys just gonna have to clinch it themselves.
You no help me out?

I say f*** you, Jobu, I do it myself

LoathsomeBriskIchidna-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad