News From Around the League Part XLVIII - FREE AGENT NOT-MUCH-FRENZY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Still can't believe Moulson decided to go to Buffalo. Guess he must like the area.

Oh...Continue. :sarcasm:

I can't believe he was only able to get 5/25 mill. Over the last 4 year's Moulson is #31 in 5on5 goals.

GhostofKenKlee

So, alot of Devils fans cite the Devils for losing talent they developed. What happened in Colorado is pretty big, lost Stastny to a rival and his hometown. Also, what they are doing with ROR. One good thing about this CBA is teams like Pittsburgh and others that drafted well and or stunk are now suffering a bit like the Devils.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
So, alot of Devils fans cite the Devils for losing talent they developed. What happened in Colorado is pretty big, lost Stastny to a rival and his hometown. Also, what they are doing with ROR. One good thing about this CBA is teams like Pittsburgh and others that drafted well and or stunk are now suffering a bit like the Devils.

Stastny isn't that big of a loss.

He is probably 4th on their C depth chart.

1. Duchene
2. Mackinnon
3. ROR

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I get a kick out of some of you guy's:
Stastny isnt that great, Bobby Ryan isn't anything, Cammalleri is a second liner at best !!!!

How many Crosby's are in this league ?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I get a kick out of some of you guy's:
Stastny isnt that great, Bobby Ryan isn't anything, Cammalleri is a second liner at best !!!!

How many Crosby's are in this league ?

None Crosby really isnt that good its just the system he plays in and Malkin being on the team! :sarcasm:

:laugh:

GhostofKenKlee

Stastny isn't that big of a loss.

He is probably 4th on their C depth chart.

1. Duchene
2. Mackinnon
3. ROR

That's why they shifted ROR to winger. Got it.....

Sakic and Roy also said post signing that this was a loss and would work on players being 100 percent on board going forward.

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
This probably have been discussed, but Sekac went to Montreal? :shakehead

What happened to the Czech relation? The past couple of months I was hearing Devils are interested with him?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
This probably have been discussed, but Sekac went to Montreal? :shakehead

What happened to the Czech relation? The past couple of months I was hearing Devils are interested with him?

Not sure if Tomas Plekanec did any recruiting for Montreal. One problem with us signing undrafted free agents is that Lou has the policy of not offering performance bonuses (apparently games played bonuses for vets is fine).

With the CBA rules, Sekac had to sign a two year ELC. Montreal offered him the max base salary (925K) plus 425K in potential bonuses.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
That's why they shifted ROR to winger. Got it.....

Sakic and Roy also said post signing that this was a loss and would work on players being 100 percent on board going forward.

They also shifted MacKinnon to wing. Both are natural Centers and need to play on a team's top 6. Stastny isn't versatile enough to move to LW and still be effective like ROR or Mac.

Stastny is extremely overrated.

The Avs aren't going to miss him with ROR - Duchene and Landeskog - MacKinnon top 6.

Last edited:

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
They also shifted MacKinnon to wing. Both are natural Centers and need to play on a team's top 6. Stastny isn't versatile enough to move to LW and still be effective like ROR or Mac.

Stastny is extremely overrated.

The Avs aren't going to miss him with ROR - Duchene and Landeskog - MacKinnon top 6.

They also added Iginla but who knows how he's going to fit with them.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
They also added Iginla but who knows how he's going to fit with them.

Forgot about that.

I don't think people should be surprised that the top 6 scores more this year vs last year. Mac looks like he is the real deal.

ROR - Duchene - Iggy
Landeskog - Mac - ????

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Forgot about that.

I don't think people should be surprised that the top 6 scores more this year vs last year. Mac looks like he is the real deal.

ROR - Duchene - Iggy
Landeskog - Mac - ????

Maybe flip flop Tanguay and Briere. I'm curious to see how/if their bargain basement D can hold up as well as they did last year.

O'Reilly-Duchene-Iginla
Tanguay-MacKinnon-Landeskog
McGinn-Talbot-Briere
McLeod-Mitchell-Bordeleau
Cliche-Winchester

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Forgot about that.

ROR - Duchene - Iggy
Landeskog - Mac - ????

I don't think Iginla is going to fit well on Colorado. They are not a puck possession team, and Iginla is very much a puck possession player. He loves playing along the boards, where the Avs don't. He'll probably have similar results to that short stint with Pittsburgh, unless the Avs find players better suited to fit his style of play.

Iginla would have fit very well on the Kings, Ducks, Blues, Blue Jackets, or here in NJ. Not saying I wanted him, but those are the teams that would fit him best.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
yeah I was quite surprised by his choice to go to Colorado, definitely an odd decision when you look at how that team plays

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Maybe flip flop Tanguay and Briere. I'm curious to see how/if their bargain basement D can hold up as well as they did last year.

O'Reilly-Duchene-Iginla
Tanguay-MacKinnon-Landeskog
McGinn-Talbot-Briere
McLeod-Mitchell-Bordeleau
Cliche-Winchester

Or if Varlamov can have another super hero season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Melrose wrote a quick article on NHL.com. Talked about how wide open the east is. Only sure thing is Boston and that the rangers got worse while us and a few other teams got better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad