News From Around the League Part XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Garth Snow is the worst GM in the league AINEC.

He has always sucked, despite him being touted as the most underrated GM in the NHL after they made the playoffs last year.

Worst GM in the league, worst owner in the league, worst head coach in the league. **** all this "third best depth in the league brah" talk.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
You know nothing, Garth Snow.:laugh:

you win internet for the day.

brilliant.

jgH1jkP.jpg

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Why did you have go ahead and ruin Ygritte for me too? You can make up for it by photoshopping Stephen Gionta as Tyrion. Or perhaps Andrew Peters as Hodor.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Doug MacLean on SportsNet apparently reported there are rumors that Joe Thornton only wants to go to one team, and that's the Rangers. Apparently he's best buds with Rick Nash.

Just what they need, another playoff ghost. :laugh: I wouldn't mind it because I'm sure they'd have to give up a decent piece or two to get him and he's most definitely nearing the decline in his career. The downside would be that he is the assist man that Nash so desperately needs.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Doug MacLean on SportsNet apparently reported there are rumors that Joe Thornton only wants to go to one team, and that's the Rangers. Apparently he's best buds with Rick Nash.

Just what they need, another playoff ghost. :laugh: I wouldn't mind it because I'm sure they'd have to give up a decent piece or two to get him and he's most definitely nearing the decline in his career. The downside would be that he is the assist man that Nash so desperately needs.

Git er done Sather! :laugh:

Get no-show Joe to the Rags in expense of one of their younger players.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure why any sane NJD fane would would want them to get Thornton. They guy can put up 70 PTS with ease and is extremely hard to play against.

Your no-show Joe has 100 PTS in 132 playoff games.

Do you consider Elias as a no-show playoff performer? 125 PTS in 162 games.

It seems odd that people who don't seem to watch a lot of hockey spend their time posting on a hockey forum.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Not sure why any sane NJD fane would would want them to get Thornton. They guy can put up 70 PTS with ease and is extremely hard to play against.

It seems odd that people who don't watch a lot of hockey spend their time posting on a hockey forum.

Simply put, they would give up a couple of decent pieces from their core in order to get him. And it was that core, along with Lundqvist, that got them as far as they did.

His playoff "failures" are overblown, I'll give you that, but this would make them more top heavy as a team. And in the past, when Sather has made these moves, it tends to blow up in his face. I could see that happening here also.

The wild card would be Nash because if Thornton helps him find his scoring touch again, then it could be dangerous.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Simply put, they would give up a couple of decent pieces from their core in order to get him. And it was that core, along with Lundqvist, that got them as far as they did.

His playoff "failures" are overblown, I'll give you that, but this would make them more top heavy as a team. And in the past, when Sather has made these moves, it tends to blow up in his face. I could see that happening here also.

The wild card would be Nash because if Thornton helps him find his scoring touch again, then it could be dangerous.

Unless they are giving up McDonagh there is no way this hurts the them.

Stepan, Kreider, Zuccarello, Hagelin, and Brassard are nothing special. Thornton is a HoFer who is only 34. Seems odd that NJD fans are thinking age matters with HoF level players (Jagr, Elias). Especially when the guy is only in his mid 30s and is an absolute beast (6-4 220 lbs).

Thornton could put up 90+ PTS centering with Nash and St. Louis

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Unless they are giving up McDonagh there is no way this hurts the them.

Stepan, Kreider, Zuccarello, Hagelin, and Brassard are nothing special. Thornton is a HoFer who is only 34. Seems odd that NJD fans are thinking age matters with HoF level players (Jagr, Elias)

You really think that Stepan, Kreider, Zuccarello and Hagelin are nothing special? Whatever you say man.

Listen I get Thornton is a future Hall of Famer. I'm not denying that it could benefit the Rangers tremendously, but you can't deny that it has the chance to backfire. I'll sit here with my popcorn ready, just in case.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Detroit Wings general manager Ken Holland confirmed to The Macomb Daily that veteran forwards Todd Bertuzzi and Mikael Samuelsson won't be returning next season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Stepan is nothing special? Guy is probably going to peak as a 70pt 3-zone player. That's lunacy to discredit him like that....

I think it's lunacy to say it about anyone on that list outside of Brassard. I'd take Stepan, Kreider (though I can't stand him), Zuccarello or Hagelin in our middle 6 at any time.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

It seems odd that people who don't seem to watch a lot of hockey spend their time posting on a hockey forum.

Can you change your screen name to "Mr. Stats Guy"? ;)

Before dishing out insults to the rest of us on this forum, you should take a step back and understand that there is much more to the game of hockey than stats.
And most of your arguments are based on simple numbers.

Don't take it as an insult, but as constructive advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad