News From Around the League Part XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I would give Garth Snow Andy Greene and our 30th for the 5th overall. But we can't move the 30th right? We're locked with it?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I would give Garth Snow Andy Greene and our 30th for the 5th overall. But we can't move the 30th right? We're locked with it?

yeah its locked. and im glad it is based on that suggestion. not even sure ive id move Greene alone for 5th.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Why would you move Greene (Top 20-30) defenseman for a #5 pick?

Well, for one I wouldn't have to worry about his contract extension and if there was someone at #5 that could immensely help this org down the line.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Well, for one I wouldn't have to worry about his contract extension and if there was someone at #5 that could immensely help this org down the line.

do we really have cause to worry about Greene extending?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

Nobody at 5 is going to help the NJD as much as Greene will over the next 5 years.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Nobody at 5 is going to help the NJD as much as Greene will over the next 5 years.

The guy that really intrigues me is Nick Ritchie. I have a feeling he may move up into the top 5. He's a physical right wing with a lot of upside. That may be the only guy that I would target.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
The guy that really intrigues me is Nick Ritchie. I have a feeling he may move up into top 5. He's a physical right wing with a lot of upside. That may be the only guy that I would target.

No organization with a brain trades Greene for that type of player.

Nick Ritchie is ranked 16 in Craig Button list and he is a LW.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Honestly, if they give up Kreider I would be so happy.

Kreider is going to be a beast in this league for years to come.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I've been hearing this for years now and he has a grand total of 40 career points. I'll believe it when I see it.

He had a pretty solid year this year. He's a huge dude with insane skating ability. He put up 17 goals this year in 70+ games I believe? As a second year player, that is not bad at all. I would be thrilled if we had a 17 goal player this year. That's fourth on our team last year.

He seems like his potential could definitely be in the 25+ goal range.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Honestly, if they give up Kreider I would be so happy.

Kreider is going to be a beast in this league for years to come.

Agree, he was the main reason why they came back vs Pitts.
He's got all the tools, all he needs is some more game experience.

Lou was going to draft him which makes it worse, but the Rags snagged him right before our pick and we got stuck with Josefson. :(

Ironically, the Rags also now have the pick after Josefson, John Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad