News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The more I read about the Pens trying to trade Kessel, the more I'm suddenly fearing a nightmare scenario.

What if they trade him and land Kovy. It kind of makes too much sense. Kovy wants to go to a contender, Kessel wants out, Pens end up with assets and out of the later years of Kessel's contract.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The more I read about the Pens trying to trade Kessel, the more I'm suddenly fearing a nightmare scenario.

What if they trade him and land Kovy. It kind of makes too much sense. Kovy wants to go to a contender, Kessel wants out, Pens end up with assets and out of the later years of Kessel's contract.
that just means GMJR is being shrewd - i don't REALLY hate the pens that much. just their fanbase - it borders into toronto levels of madness/delusion at times

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

Wait Kessel wants out of Pitts? Why? Where did you see this?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Wait Kessel wants out of Pitts? Why? Where did you see this?

Supposedly he and Sullivan don't get along all that well and some columnist in Pittsburgh wrote that it was part of the reason they lost in the playoffs. Personally I think that writer was just overreacting and Kessel won't go anywhere, but you never know.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Plus the fact that the Devils couldn't beat them in the regular season for like 5 years. They were Columbus before Columbus

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How bout this trio next season?

Lou, Kovy & Schneider
Sounds like a washed up executive, a declining 35 year old with a broken back and a washed up goalie with a lot groin (and possibly hip) problems. Sounds like a lottery pick, especially if Dead Weight is still around behind the bench.

If Kovy really IS that good still, it might be enough to get them picking in the top 10 and not the top 5.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Sounds like a washed up executive, a declining 35 year old with a broken back and a washed up goalie with a lot groin (and possibly hip) problems. Sounds like a lottery pick, especially if Dead Weight is still around behind the bench.

If Kovy really IS that good still, it might be enough to get them picking in the top 10 and not the top 5.

Dude, stop being so easily trolled

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Haha Lou pulling no punches.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events