News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
JVR's agent must be loving that Kane signing.
Rico’s, too. Doug Wilson extending all these guys like he’s trying to keep some multi-time cup winner together. Up to the cap in fat contracts to lose in the first/second round again.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Update from the prospect/video game story last week, Jeff Marek had to come out and say that he was not talking about Olli Juolevi.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Update from the prospect/video game story last week, Jeff Marek had to come out and say that he was not talking about Olli Juolevi.

He shouldn't have gone public with it unless he was ready to name the player. The obvious result of not saying who it is, is that a bunch of players will be speculated about unfairly, such as Juolevi.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
This is embarrassing for Marek at this point. How could you not have known this stupid guessing game with false sources would be the result.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Yeah, definitely seemed curious that he went into detail. Although maybe it was just me, but as Marek was telling it he realized he shouldn't be saying anything.

He could have just said that he had heard of a prospect whose development derailed because of video game addiction and that would have been an interesting anecdote on its own. But he didn't have to (inadvertently) provide extra clues as to who it might be.

Reactions: HenriquesJawLine

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're actually not in that bad of shape this year.
Just wait until the year after (19-20) when Peg Leg Joe is 35 and on a really brutal deal, Couture is making $8+ million per year, Vlasic is making $7 million while declining, Jones is making close to $6 million to give you league average goaltending, Doug Wilson is still in charge and they still don't have a cup to show for it.

And they'll still have one more year left of Boedker's floating carcass.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just wait until the year after (19-20) when Peg Leg Joe is 35 and on a really brutal deal, Couture is making $8+ million per year, Vlasic is making $7 million while declining, Jones is making close to $6 million to give you league average goaltending, Doug Wilson is still in charge and they still don't have a cup to show for it.

And they'll still have one more year left of Boedker's floating carcass.

Yeah, that's when I saw they'd have issues but Thornton will be doing one year deals, I mean it's whatever.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, that's when I saw they'd have issues but Thornton will be doing one year deals, I mean it's whatever.
I mean Pavelski when I say peg leg Joe.

Thornton will probably get a one year deal this year and maybe next year.

I really have no interest in offering Pavelski more than a one year deal. Two year deal at the very absolute most.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean Pavelski when I say peg leg Joe.

Thornton will probably get a one year deal this year and maybe next year.

I really have no interest in offering Pavelski more than a one year deal. Two year deal at the very absolute most.

Why the nickname for Pavelski?

Reactions: tr83

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this picture looks like it was taken in 1987

quinn4.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why the nickname for Pavelski?
Because by 2019-2020, he’s gonna be reduced to the speed of a guy that’s got one leg. He’s already close enough to it now.

I like him as a player, I just don’t think multiple years should be invested in this guy. Doug Wilson can’t be making this a retirement home. They already got Vlasic signed until he’s like 38-39, they got Burns signed until he’s 40, they’re likely gonna have Couture signed until he’s 37 or so, knowing Doug Wilson. You’re really using a lot of calories to keep a core together that hasn’t even won a championship. This is what got guys like Lombardi in trouble in LA, and Chiarelli m Boston. Bowman might possibly soon find himself in that position in Chicago. And those guys had cup teams. Multiple cup teams in LA and Chicago and even Boston made the SCF twice. This Sharks is a one time Stanley Cup Finalist.

So to be concise here, if they extend Pavelski multiple years they’re extending him just to extend him. They let Marleau go and that was more painful than Pavelski, at least for sentimental reasons. I expect in a couple more years Pavelski also won’t be as good as Marleau. He won’t age like Marleau has and even though Thornton is a turtle, Pavelski just doesn’t compare to him.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I think this may be my first ever "like" of one of your posts.

Don't do it again. We have reputations to maintain.;)

I’m still convinced that there are like 3-4 of you that are the same person, just arguing with yourself over multiple accounts :laugh:. Not you specifically but that’s my theory anyways.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I’m still convinced that there are like 3-4 of you that are the same person, just arguing with yourself over multiple accounts :laugh:. Not you specifically but that’s my theory anyways.

I kind of look at this place like a wrestling show. The heels are gonna do heel things, both sides are going to get their stuff in, and there are usually multiple, multiple rematches, plus the occasional battle royal.

nazim zmirli

May 28, 2018
Team coach Alexander Mityagin had prepared well for the event, and had taken a flexible approach to the day's learning so that this special occasion would pass without a hitch. He listened carefully to the all the requests from photographer Andrei Golovanov, who needed to play the part of a theater director to ensure the most professional results. In all, the Cup spent about an hour being pictured with Tatarstan's young stars of the future. and their parents. Tutuapp 9apps Aptoide

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i actually wouldn't consider kovalchuk to be a snake if he joined the isles. granted, they have MASSIVE defensive woes, but if they fix that up, I still think they're a competitive team.

if he joins the rags, however...

9Tz7GzrTE.jpeg

Snake either way.

Local divisional rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad