Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
does this haunt you at night

pr8mOWj.gif

And at that moment Tedenby had peaked as a player

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the church of salmela is going to hunt you down

i still feel bad for jay leach re: kathryn tappen, even if we don't know what happened
I still never understood why crappy defenseman like Salmela and Vitaly Vishnevski had such a cult following here haha.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh damn I didnt know they divorced. Damn that sucks for Leach losing a gal like her!
I didn't either.

Jay Leach was terrible. Like Colin White (by 2011), he was another crappy Devils defenseman that I had to suffer through watching on both the Sharks and Devils.

I just now found out that Jay Leach was the head coach for the Providence Bruins. Pando is an assistant for the NHL Bruins and Langenbrunner is some kind of development or skills coach there of some kind.

I knew Leach was working with the AHL Pens before that. After Shero and Hynes and Nasreddine all left there.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
**** i forgot you're on here too :|

well, botterill and housley have a ton of work to do in terms of roster management and strategy. it's been a really long time since you had a winning record ('11-'12), and i don't think the whole idea of "bad vibes" around the locker room is false

tim murray was not a step in the right direction at all
The roster full of terrible players is the problem, not vibes or the ever popular "losing culture". If you have nothing but bad players on your roster you lose. And even if we didn't have a horrible coach (we had among the worst home records in league history and much of that is because Housley doesn't have a clue about how to execute matchups) that's the problem. Murray left us in a gigantic hole and the jury is still out on whether Botts is building a ladder or if he's just digging it deeper. God do I HATE Tim Murray.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The roster full of terrible players is the problem, not vibes or the ever popular "losing culture". If you have nothing but bad players on your roster you lose. And even if we didn't have a horrible coach (we had among the worst home records in league history and much of that is because Housley doesn't have a clue about how to execute matchups) that's the problem. Murray left us in a gigantic hole and the jury is still out on whether Botts is building a ladder or if he's just digging it deeper. God do I HATE Tim Murray.
i still don't think that this exists, and it HAS to, when you have a consistent trend of disappointment. it takes a toll on any team, after it happens for so long, which is why it's important to have good leaders and coaches who can motivate the team to do well, because if they don't buy in, then you have a vicious cycle

Reactions: Darkauron

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I might have to submit 2009 as the worst Devils draft year in team history.

Their 7 picks have played a combined 588 NHL games (315 by YaYo), all of them are out of the NHL by the tender age of 27, and none of them were useful players.

NHL GAMES BY PICK
#1 = 315
#2 = 189
#3 = 34
#4 = 50
#5 = 0
#6 = 0
#7 = 0

2007, 2006, 2002, and 2001 are all complete train wrecks. For my money 2001 is the worst.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Let him handcuff their cap like he did the Kings.

Although, he did a good job with the Kings until they started winning cups and he just opened up Fort Knox in his office and started giving away dumb contracts.

So maybe he makes them better. He's definitely better than Garth, who is arguably the worst GM in the league, especially when you consider how long Garth has been there for. 12 years of mediocrity. If I'm the owners there, I hire him to be the GM and fire Garth via promotion to president, like the Flyers did to Holmgren when they hired Hextall.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
i still don't think that this exists, and it HAS to, when you have a consistent trend of disappointment. it takes a toll on any team, after it happens for so long, which is why it's important to have good leaders and coaches who can motivate the team to do well, because if they don't buy in, then you have a vicious cycle
This is why I think Hynes is awesome, he's getting guys to respond and play for one another <3

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Great Britain could be promoted to the top division. Need a point in their last game tomorrow or just others to lose. Lowest ranked team in Division 1A too. And a Brit might be drafted this summer. f***ing mental. :laugh:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Lmao I thought I saw a thread on someone from Britain on the prospects board. All I saw was Sheffield in the title, I didn't click on it until a few minutes ago. Kirk looks to be pretty good, would love to see a team take him in the draft.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Saw Kirk play a couple of times last season. Was ridiculously good for 16/17 year old Brit. He's played GB u18s, 20s and seniors this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kane suspended one game.

That might be the end of the Sharks, unless they can steal a win here without him. Now no Kane and still no Thornton.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wait. Wasn't Steve Thomas from Great Brittan?

Or was he just the founder of Wendy's? :sarcasm:
Indeed he was, was a late season pickup for the Whalers in our last season. And at the risk of opening a GIANT can of worms over the Irish Question Owen Nolan was from Belfast which is part of the UK.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not all all; that's really, really, annoying.

But it's really, really, smart.

Is it? I doubt anyone's really gonna go out of their way to watch two periods of Sharks-Vegas just to not have to flip a remote back in the second intermission for the final five-minute reveal of the top three. That stupid orange Mercedes-Benz ad on the ice at the CAA after the lockout had more actual advertising value than this.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Great Britain could be promoted to the top division. Need a point in their last game tomorrow or just others to lose. Lowest ranked team in Division 1A too. And a Brit might be drafted this summer. ****ing mental. :laugh:

To go further with this:

Kazahkstan won this morning in regulation, if they dropped a point GB path to qualifying was much easier.

Slovenia and Italy are playing right now 2-1. If either team wins in regulation, Great Britain must pick up a point. Right now it's:

Great Britain with 9 points and 0 GD
Slovenia with 6 points and +1 GD
Italy with 6 points and +3GD
Hungary with 6 points and -4GD

If the Slovenia/Italy game goes into extra time, the most they could pick up is 2 points and they wouldn't be able to pass GB. It is tied 2-2 in the second right now.

If that happens, GB cannot lose by more than 4 to Hungary (the host team) in regulation. If they pick up a point at all, they're through regardless of the other scores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
To go further with this:

Kazahkstan won this morning in regulation, if they dropped a point GB path to qualifying was much easier.

Slovenia and Italy are playing right now 2-1. If either team wins in regulation, Great Britain must pick up a point. Right now it's:

Great Britain with 9 points and 0 GD
Slovenia with 6 points and +1 GD
Italy with 6 points and +3GD
Hungary with 6 points and -4GD

If the Slovenia/Italy game goes into extra time, the most they could pick up is 2 points and they wouldn't be able to pass GB. It is tied 2-2 in the second right now.

If that happens, GB cannot lose by more than 4 to Hungary (the host team) in regulation. If they pick up a point at all, they're through regardless of the other scores.

So since OT did absolutely nothing for either Italy or Slovenia, BOTH teams pulled their goalie and Italy scored with 2.3 seconds left. :laugh:

Great Britain now needs at least a point in their game against Hungary to advance.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Is it? I doubt anyone's really gonna go out of their way to watch two periods of Sharks-Vegas just to not have to flip a remote back in the second intermission for the final five-minute reveal of the top three. That stupid orange Mercedes-Benz ad on the ice at the CAA after the lockout had more actual advertising value than this.

i’ll just check twitter for the last 3. it’s stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad