News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have this feeling that Blue Jackets might part ways with Torts after this one. He has one more year left on his deal, which they extended him just a one year deal after last season. I could see them moving on and hiring AV (that would be a terrible move for them, but a good one for us and the rest of the division) or maybe even Trotz when the Caps get eliminated by the Pens again.

Reactions: Dialamo and glenwo2

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I have this feeling that Blue Jackets might part ways with Torts after this one. He has one more year left on his deal, which they extended him just a one year deal after last season. I could see them moving on and hiring AV (that would be a terrible move for them, but a good one for us and the rest of the division) or maybe even Trotz when the Caps get eliminated by the Pens again.
As usual, Tortorella has worn out his welcome and the team starts to look uninterested and uninspired, largely due to his coaching and the way he handles his team. Always seems to start off well and light a fire under his new team but it never seems to take long for the team to start playing like crap. With that said, I could see Kekäläinen giving him next season to show what he can do.

I haven't followed the BJ's this year at all really so I don't know what kind of system he had them playing but I'll always remember his six goalie system with the Rags :D

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As usual, Tortorella has worn out his welcome and the team starts to look uninterested and uninspired, largely due to his coaching and the way he handles his team. Always seems to start off well and light a fire under his new team but it never seems to take long for the team to start playing like crap. With that said, I could see Kekäläinen giving him next season to show what he can do.

I haven't followed the BJ's this year at all really so I don't know what kind of system he had them playing but I'll always remember his six goalie system with the Rags :D
It doesn't seem like he plays the six goalie system with the Jackets. They usually don't spend as much time in their end, but they did a few times in that series, that's for sure.

I think Torts is either gone or gets one more year and no extension until the end of next year and if they miss the playoffs or go out in round one again, his ass is grass.

Why does that sound like something that Torts would actually say?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i hate this part of the playoffs, where we learn about all these injuries. and we're supposed to be impressed and feed into the macho bullshit, right? this guy had a torn pelvis, this guy had a dislocated shoulder, this guy lost a foot halfway through the season, this guy had a calcium deficiency, this guy had night terrors, and on and on and on.

if you're hurt, don't play. it's a game

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
i hate this part of the playoffs, where we learn about all these injuries. and we're supposed to be impressed and feed into the macho bull****, right? this guy had a torn pelvis, this guy had a dislocated shoulder, this guy lost a foot halfway through the season, this guy had a calcium deficiency, this guy had night terrors, and on and on and on.

if you're hurt, don't play. it's a game

Silly take. Obviously they were fine playing.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Silly take. Obviously they were fine playing.

first of all, i'm sure the level of treatment needed to keep someone with a torn pelvis operational during a game is no small task. but secondly, that's not the point- even if they were "fine playing" there are serious long term health issues that could very well plague these guys long after the caveman 'im so tough' circle**** has ended.

it's just odd how all the players want protection from headshots and concussions, but they put themselves in the same type of position in a myriad of other ways with these injuries. and not just that, but they advertise how reckless and stupid they are! 20 years ago you would never know the first thing about a guy's pelvis

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm going to be mad no matter what happens in the East. I might just stick to Western Conference games this round, which are going to be spectacular.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Something tells me he wasn't playing hockey when he tore his pelvis and pulled his groin..

Wayne+Simmonds+2017+NHL+Awards+Arrivals+Yw0IhTYSCZal.jpg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I hate the Pens but to see a three-peat in today's NHL would be incredible. And if the Caps make it past them instead I'll be rooting for Ovi to make the finals. I don't care about the West really, I like all 4 teams that are left so whatever happens, happens.

I just want some good hockey. And for Boston and Tampa to not make the finals

Reactions: OmNomNom

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
NHL is separating the draft lottery into two patzs. One part before the a Vegas game and then during the next intermission. f*** that shit f*** you nhl

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just when I thought Sportsnet had done a decent job producing the draft lottery show without making it too much of a spectacle........

..........so for the drawing on Saturday, they're going to reveal #4-15 around 8pm EST. Then they're going to reveal #1-3 during the second intermission of the Sharks/Knights game just to give incentive to the East Coast/Canadian viewers to keep watching.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Just when I thought Sportsnet had done a decent job producing the draft lottery show without making it too much of a spectacle........

..........so for the drawing on Saturday, they're going to reveal #4-15 around 8pm EST. Then they're going to reveal #1-3 during the second intermission of the Sharks/Knights game just to give incentive to the East Coast/Canadian viewers to keep watching.

that's really, really stupid

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
I hate the Pens but to see a three-peat in today's NHL would be incredible. And if the Caps make it past them instead I'll be rooting for Ovi to make the finals. I don't care about the West really, I like all 4 teams that are left so whatever happens, happens.

I just want some good hockey. And for Boston and Tampa to not make the finals

What about the logic of going with the team that beats you. Basically saying if Tampa takes the cup, the Devils actually could have?

But i do understand not going with tampa, as we were not a full team with vatanen out of the lineup, and the goalie situation not stable

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Unreal :laugh: Glad we're not involved this year.

Reactions: Darkauron

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
What about the logic of going with the team that beats you. Basically saying if Tampa takes the cup, the Devils actually could have?

But i do understand not going with tampa, as we were not a full team with vatanen out of the lineup, and the goalie situation not stable

Not a big fan of that logic, matchups play a huge role in the playoffs and just because the team that beats us beats another team doesn't mean we would've/could've.

I'd rather the Lightning move on because they're the more exciting team but I hope either the Pens or Caps best them afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad