News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Unreal :laugh: Glad we're not involved this year.

Imagine the knots we'd be tying ourselves into if it was last year, after we got bumped up in the top three. It'd be ages of us imagining the Flyers get the top pick and us being third.

And spacing it out that much is just stupid. At least have the first 'part' during the first intermission (god forbid they interfere with Coach's Corner though).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The only reason Lou would even give the Isles a passing thought is the same reason Scotty Nieds went to Anaheim...family ties. I could see them kicking Snow upstairs for Lou or whomever as GM though.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
he had his worst career year with buffalol, which is consistent with the thought that their team just holds players back *coughkanecough*
Oh come on. If teams thought Kane was only being held back by putting on a Sabres jersey they would've offered us more than a pair of socks and a used jock strap for him.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Fun Fact:

After YaYo at #20, John Moore was taken with the very next pick @ #21, and MoJo and Palmieri were taken a few later at #24 & #26.

Elite Prospects - NHL Entry Draft 2009

EDIT: And Sami Vatanen #106. Lots of current Devils from that draft year.

You know what's scary? I know it is the same for most teams too but just look at how many drafts we COMPLETELY s'd the bed on in the 2000s. Like absolutely horrible.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I might have to submit 2009 as the worst Devils draft year in team history.

Their 7 picks have played a combined 588 NHL games (315 by YaYo), all of them are out of the NHL by the tender age of 27, and none of them were useful players.

NHL GAMES BY PICK
#1 = 315
#2 = 189
#3 = 34
#4 = 50
#5 = 0
#6 = 0
#7 = 0

Reactions: Bleedred

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Oh come on. If teams thought Kane was only being held back by putting on a Sabres jersey they would've offered us more than a pair of socks and a used jock strap for him.
shit i forgot you're on here too :|

well, botterill and housley have a ton of work to do in terms of roster management and strategy. it's been a really long time since you had a winning record ('11-'12), and i don't think the whole idea of "bad vibes" around the locker room is false

tim murray was not a step in the right direction at all

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fun Fact:

After YaYo at #20, John Moore was taken with the very next pick @ #21, and MoJo and Palmieri were taken a few later at #24 & #26.

Elite Prospects - NHL Entry Draft 2009

EDIT: And Sami Vatanen #106. Lots of current Devils from that draft year.
I've pointed this out quite a few times. including just the other day. Shero really came in and righted the wrongs of that 2009 draft by acquiring 3 players picked merely just a few spots behind Josefson and who are all better than him. Not even counting Vatanen, as he was picked about 85-90 spots later, but Vatanen was picked after guys like Urbom and Gelinas.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I would have woke up screaming and yelling for my mommy.
does this haunt you at night

pr8mOWj.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Holy shit, dat relative corsi tho.

Josefson didn't even have that going for him this year. He was a -12.6 in relative corsi, after being a +0.1 career with us.:eek:

I remember seeing he scored a couple shootout goals though. He also had that crap goal on Cory on a breakaway back in December, in the first game to start his 12 game losing streak/12 straight games of at least 3 goals against streak. It was one of his 2 goals and 4 points in 39 games this year. That makes his production with us look pretty good. Seems like he was nothing but a complete black hole this past season.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Haha nah! I'm glad those days are over!

How many BUMS can you get in one ****ing picture? Jay Leach, Anssi Salmela, Tedenby, Josefson.

Poor Marty. He's in that shot with a bunch of ****in terrible players.
the church of salmela is going to hunt you down

i still feel bad for jay leach re: kathryn tappen, even if we don't know what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad