News and Notes XXII: Now With More Finnish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Just cruising through Facebook and saw it’s the anniversary of signing our equipment manager to a 1 game contract...the Canes have done some pretty, don’t know if I’d call them classy, but neat things over the years... actually letting him play the final seconds of the game, letting Bicks take the final shhotout shot to end his career, playing all 4 Staals in 1 game... publicity stunts or not I’m sure it would be pretty f***ing cool to anyone directly affected by those choices... Anyway... just thought might be a losing organization lately but they always seem to treat their people great... just look at Tripp still being employed!!!

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Neither heat map should be a surprise to any of us.

I took note a few games back of how the defensemen on the PK do not position themselves with the forward who is nearest the crease, but instead are positioned a good 4 feet in front of them. This may have always been the case, I just typically follow the puck, and when the puck is down low, the defensemen collapse on the net-front forward so I didn't notice the positioning prior to that. Anyway, I wonder if that factors into the crease area of the defensive heat map.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Totally planning out this trip already. Thinking Iceland, to Fjords of Norway, to Finland, and then home. Maybe consider stopping in London. Knock out two bucket list locations and get to go see some Canes hockey in Finland lol.

Sounds like the right plan combining it with other stops. If you went solely to see the canes play I think you’d likely wind up disappointed and feeling like you’d wasted a lot of money.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It will be interesting to see how Peters sets the lines when Stempniak actually gets back in the lineup. Teravainen has been too productive on his off-side on the 1st line to play anywhere else. Stempniak seems like a natural fit on Skinner's line as that might get #53 going again. That leaves one Top 9 RW spot with Lindholm and Williams available to fill it. If last night is any indication, that means Williams on the 4th line full-time. That seems like a waste, though. It would be nice if Lindholm or Williams could transition over to LW.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If Canes come to Sweden/Finland it`s an easy travel across the sea and I can watch the game, only thing that tickets might be very expensive...
On a quick check €100-€200 last time around in 2011 in Helsinki.

They are in talks apparently as it gets spoken about, but I wonder if there will be a hiccup because the go-to venue for this stuff, Hartwall Arena, is a KHL Arena nowadays ~owned by a team owner. NHL may be seen as a competitor nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad