OT: New York Riveters/NY area women's hockey discussion

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah see that's one of the things, I don't really do much Twitter. I have a handle and everything but I only use it to look up things about injuries and breaking news stuff. I don't pay attention to it otherwise. Would be nice if the MSM would pick it up.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah see that's one of the things, I don't really do much Twitter. I have a handle and everything but I only use it to look up things about injuries and breaking news stuff. I don't pay attention to it otherwise. Would be nice if the MSM would pick it up.
Yes. Yes it would nice.

The Olympics should give the league a boost when more people tune in to the USA Women.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Going after him for what? For him suggesting it’s a MUCH LESS physical game? It’s a non story. O one even cares about professional women’s hockey. Shoot I bet most hockey fans dont even know there’s a league.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This was the point to take from it.

Let's see. You don't like the Rangers. You don't like physical play.

Why do you even like Ice Hockey?

I love physical play.

I don't love concussions and guys having their lives outside of the game ruined.

The fact that you do is disturbing.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I love physical play.

I don't love concussions and guys having their lives outside of the game ruined.

The fact that you do is disturbing.

I don't and that wasn't my point at all.

You are impossible.

My point is to say that saying the Women's Hockey league IS more soft and less dangerous than the NHL is a tautology.

Why even argue it?

What is being proven?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't and that wasn't my point at all.

You are impossible.

My point is to say that saying the Women's Hockey league IS more soft and less dangerous than the NHL is a tautology.

Why even argue it?

What is being proven?

It was disparaging and it was meant to be disparaging and those on the receiving end of it have a right to be upset.

Duguay can call out the Rangers all he wants without dragging a separate league into it. It was a stupid comment.

Reactions: nyr2k2

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Shame on Duguay.

I petition for this to be the new Rangers' Opening song

I honestly do not understand why people would get in a tizzy over it, and the only people I've seen in a tizzy about it are mainly male internet hockey fans.

Reactions: Krams

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lets say Duguay said this isn't the NBA...you can't just take soft penalties to keep guys off the score sheet

Would there be a call to arms?

That would also be pretty embarrassing, but at least he wouldn't be brining it up solely because of gender.

Nobody is in a tizzy. It was a stupid thing to say and people have said it was a stupid thing to say. That's that. The only people in a tizzy are those running to defend him for some reason like it's a huge deal.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ok...

Anyway, good for the girls. I'm not sure what the hangup here is though...

Body checks are literally against the rules in Women's Hockey, people being offended over someone saying women's hockey is softer than men's is absolutely ridiculous lmao
Was bored and watched the US vs Canada Pre-Olympic Series Game 2 on YouTube and I actually assumed women's hockey had a much higher skill level than what I saw. And are slap shots against the rules or something lmao because I did not see a single one :/ even on power plays they're taking wrist shots from the point when they have a wide open shooting lane

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Mods can we clear this garbage from this thread please? This conversation is possibly worth having, but there is some obvious trash in this thread right now.

(Not directed at MH)

This

It was disparaging and it was meant to be disparaging and those on the receiving end of it have a right to be upset.

Duguay can call out the Rangers all he wants without dragging a separate league into it. It was a stupid comment.

And this

That would also be pretty embarrassing, but at least he wouldn't be brining it up solely because of gender.

Nobody is in a tizzy. It was a stupid thing to say and people have said it was a stupid thing to say. That's that. The only people in a tizzy are those running to defend him for some reason like it's a huge deal.

Are the points that matter here.

If anyone wants to dispute them legitimately, I'm happy to have that conversation. But if your defense is a video of Stevens killing Lindros 18 years ago, with a hit that is hugely illegal in the NHL today, then it's not a very good dispute.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Mods can we clear this garbage from this thread please? This conversation is possibly worth having, but there is some obvious trash in this thread right now.

(Not directed at MH)

This

And this

Are the points that matter here.

If anyone wants to dispute them legitimately, I'm happy to have that conversation. But if your defense is a video of Stevens killing Lindros 18 years ago, with a hit that is hugely illegal in the NHL today, then it's not a very good dispute.

You cherry picked the cherry pick. The video choice was explained, and it was shown as an example that the NHL is significantly rougher and more dangerous than the current Women's Hockey League.

MH usually just says anything. I'm not sure he even agrees with himself, but I'm surprised that you also decided to skirt the point.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
You cherry picked the cherry pick. The video choice was explained, and it was shown as an example that the NHL is significantly rougher and more dangerous than the current Women's Hockey League.

MH usually just says anything. I'm not sure he even agrees with himself, but I'm surprised that you also decided to skirt the point.
Nobody is arguing that the NHL isn't a rougher league than the NWHL.

The point is that Duguay said something stupid, and is being called out for saying something stupid.

Machinehead hit the nail on the head when he said that it was disparaging for the sake of being disparaging. It was a shot at the women's league for being 'soft' because it's a women's league. And I'm proud that he's being called out for saying what he did.

Watch a game. See for yourself if it's 'soft'. Would love to see any regular poster on the ice against Knight or Duggan, or stand in front of a Bozek, Bolden, or Koelzer slap shot. Would pay good money to see that.

I actually think this would be a hilarious marketing thing. Line up a bunch of people who agree with Duguay, and put them on the ice vs NWHL players. I want this.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad