GDT: New York Islanders vs New York Rangers Sept 26 Preseason Game 2 7 PM on MSG and NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
i don't know what the scene is these days, but historically the ahl is where you really saw murderers row as a young guy who liked to throw hands. nhl has always had some heavyweights no doubt, but the ahl always had some absolute mutants - plus the volume of fights was way higher. maybe it's dialed back but a few years ago every team had at least one guy who wanted to throw practically every night. they were sickos
It's still more active than the NHL, but it's not the warzone it used to be. Rempe will definitely be fighting some tough dudes this year.

There was a time where I'm not sure some teams even had regular players. Haha. But as the NHL has gotten less goonish and more skilled, so have the feeder leagues. While the fighting is exciting, the AHL now offers some really great hockey to watch. They are good which is why it's more important than ever to invest in good depth.

Reactions: egelband

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
It’s not the same in the A as far as volume but there’s still heavyweights on most teams. As far as the fight tonight, Rempe did more than holding his own. He initiated the fight after Johnston went after Trocheck. He also landed the best shot of the fight to Johnston’s face and a bunch of body shots.

definitely did well tonight. feel like there's a ton more body shots in nhl fights these days than ever before. feel like you could draw a direct correlation to the rise in popularity of the ufc.

Reactions: egelband

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The team was made fun of for drafting Rempe but that kid just works his tail off and continues to get better. His specific role is actually difficult to fill in todays NHL. I’m intrigued
It's because people don't know what they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad