New York City Thread: Part IV (Info in OP)

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Joe and Pat's on Staten Island's vodka pizza is one of my top 5 pizzas anywhere. There's a newer Joe and Pat's branch in the village which I haven't tried yet.

Reactions: Greg02

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Do you guys all eat pizza folded? When I was in NYC I tried that but I liked it better not folded lol

Depends on the toppings, and how much of it. Once in a blue moon, I'll use a fork and knife, but then I look like this clown:

ozMjWuqZJERGkVw89

ozMjWuqZJERGkVw89

Attachments

• EfLPVH-WkAQ8TT9.jpg
    EfLPVH-WkAQ8TT9.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 16

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Do you guys all eat pizza folded? When I was in NYC I tried that but I liked it better not folded lol
I always fold ... Muscle memory ... Maybe it's not really true anymore but we assume anyone who didn't fold wasn't born here. That was just from growing up and hanging out at the local pizzerias where everyone folded so I just assumed it was a New York tradition.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Almost always fold, unless it’s a bar style pizza like Kinchleys, Frank Pepe or Colony Grill, in that case it is a small thin slice.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I'm coming to Manhattan this weekend for the B.U.-Cornell game. Is Jack Doyle's the best place to watch the Rangers-Bruins game on Black Friday(I'm a Bruins fan)? The Flying Puck was great while it lasted.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Scratch this one from the tourist attractions then... :\
"Thomas Jefferson statue removed from New York City Hall due to slavery links"

CANUCKS

Aug 10, 2005
British Columbia
www.nhl.com
Planning to visit from Vancouver this December. Never been, pretty pumped.

Looking to catch a Rangers game. Ill be wearing some Canucks stuff around the city (hat, maybe a jersey? >- how are the locals with outside visitors supporting different teams? I imagine I'd hear the worst of it seeing as the rangers beat the canucks in 94..but that was also a long time ago so I imagine no one would really care.

Also, im looking for a photographer if anyone recommends one. Gettimg hitched right before arriving and my gal and I would like to get some cool shots around the city

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

Looking to catch a Rangers game. Ill be wearing some Canucks stuff around the city (hat, maybe a jersey? >- how are the locals with outside visitors supporting different teams? I imagine I'd hear the worst of it seeing as the rangers beat the canucks in 94..but that was also a long time ago so I imagine no one would really care.

Also, im looking for a photographer if anyone recommends one. Gettimg hitched right before arriving and my gal and I would like to get some cool shots around the city

99% of people out and about in Manhattan aren't even going to know your Vancouver Canucks jersey is a Vancouver Canucks jersey.

People in MSG at the game will know but no one is going to say a bad word to you.

Take your fiance for some pizza and Peroni at Lazzarra's an hour or so before puck drop, thank me later.

Reactions: CANUCKS

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Shot in the dark here but does anyone remember the bar/restaurant diagonally across from the old New York Coliseum?
The bar section was elevated from the restaurant part and it had large pane windows that gave a great view of the intersection.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

Someone here mentioned it previously but a Canuck fan is opening a bar near msg. Don’t know if it opened yet but it’ll be called The Canuck.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Shot in the dark here but does anyone remember the bar/restaurant diagonally across from the old New York Coliseum?
The bar section was elevated from the restaurant part and it had large pane windows that gave a great view of the intersection.

You're really dating yourself on this one, but I'd be curious to know the answer. I only went to the NY Coliseum once or twice. Once for a really cool custom hot rod show in the early 80s.

My grandfather lived a few blocks away on 63rd & Broadway for 30 years, so I spent a lot of time in that part of the city. ONeill's Saloon was a pretty popular spot back then.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
You're really dating yourself on this one, but I'd be curious to know the answer. I only went to the NY Coliseum once or twice. Once for a really cool custom hot rod show in the early 80s.

My grandfather lived a few blocks away on 63rd & Broadway for 30 years, so I spent a lot of time in that part of the city. ONeill's Saloon was a pretty popular spot back then.
You might be on to something. I thought it was called the Saloon or something with the word saloon in it but then I started thinking of the place in Long Beach.
Thank you.
Is O’Neills Saloon still there.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You might be on to something. I thought it was called the Saloon or something with the word saloon in it but then I started thinking of the place in Long Beach.
Thank you.
Is O’Neills Saloon still there.

I just googled...they went out of business permanently in 2010. The spelling was actually O'Neals. There were a couple of name changes along the way...one I recall from Oneals Saloon to Oneals Baloon. Seems like when they closed, they were simply called Oneals. Pretty sure the speed dating scenes in the movie Sea of Love with Al Pacino were filmed there.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I work by Roc Center. The tree is up the rink is open and the tourists are back.

just an FYI fir anyone into that. Or beware for those trying to avoid crowds…

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
Does anyone recommend any sports bars (or regular bars) for food and drink prior to puck drop?

Thanks in advance!

Most of the bars around MSG are roughly the same. You’ll find the same pub food, the same crowd. Everyone likes their preferred spot. Out of habit I go to Tracks on 31st but you’ll find the same thing at any number of bars within the 4-5 block area.

Backin the day there was the Blarney Stone on 32nd between 6th and 7th and THAT was the best destination but it is long gone…

TUQ

Mar 24, 2004
Hello everyone,

Me and my wife will be visiting New York for the first time in late February and aside from obvious MSG visit or two I would like to invite my wife to some kind of show - she loves ballet, a musical or a good comedy. However, she doesn't speak English that well, so a musical or a ballet would be preferred. Could you please give me directions as to what and where to look for? Or, at best, recommend a specific show?

Thank you!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Hello everyone,

Me and my wife will be visiting New York for the first time in late February and aside from obvious MSG visit or two I would like to invite my wife to some kind of show - she loves ballet, a musical or a good comedy. However, she doesn't speak English that well, so a musical or a ballet would be preferred. Could you please give me directions as to what and where to look for? Or, at best, recommend a specific show?

Thank you!
The NYC ballet winter season ends Feb 27. Swan Lake runs through Feb 20.

Reactions: TUQ

CANUCKS

Aug 10, 2005
British Columbia
www.nhl.com
Hi everyone,

My wife and I had planned a visit to New York from Vancouver, Canada for our honeymoon. We are unfortunately going to be canceling our trip. The latest COVID news isn't looking promising and the Canadian government is expected to announce new measures today that will make it tougher for international travel, including the United States.

Given how contagious this new variant is, we don't feel confident that we won't contract the virus with what we had planned in New York, and that would jeopardize our plans getting home - possibly leaving us stranded in New York for an undetermined amount of time and on the hook for an unanticipated cost.

I did buy tickets to two events which unfortunately are non-refundable and was wondering if anyone is interested in buying them. Im not making any money on these and the prices are what I had paid for them. I hope posting these on this forum is OK and I apologize if it's not. I can be trusted and I am sure @BroadwayBlue99 can attest to this.

Rockefeller Skating - 2 tickets
12/26 @ 8:50pm
$128 USD

Broadway Show: Christmas Spectacular Starring the Rockettes
Radio City Music Hall
12/21 @ 5:00pm
$315 USD

Sec ORCH
Row P
Seats 301-302

Thank you

Ad