Post-Game Talk: "New Year's Revenge"; not a Lifetime Movie, but a WPG 4 - NYI 2 win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What was that, 3 straight Jets goals after an early opposing goal?

5 straight actually (1 called back)

The puck was bouncing like a tennis ball out there. That was probably the craziest ice I've seen in a long time. Maybe they need dry ice for their pucks like the oilers used to do? Gotta be hurting Tavares stats doncha think?

2 soft goals by Helle but we won anyway. He played solid otherwise.

Little joined the 20 goal club tonight.

Is it just me or is Laine missing the net more than he was early in the season?

Petan might never score again :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets had great pace. Too bad they had to play on gravel most of the night.

Ehlers was on fire. Loved his game.

Petan showed more than he has.

Lowry's line was good.

Morrissey was outstanding. Postma had his moments.

Even Melchiori wasn't awful.

Tavares looked really frustrated. Hard to see how they are going to re-sign him. Seems like they've squandered his prime years.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Considering the personnel on defence, that was pretty good. Laine had a good game the puck just didn't go for him tonight. Scheifele was an absolute beast. It's hard to find him making a mistake anymore...

I don't know about this Ho-sang character. He's got good hands and speed that's for sure. When he took that absolutely back breaking penalty with 4 minutes left he was laughing and smiling about it. If I'm your coach and you are smiling at that point I am like "wtf does this kid think he is". You just cost your team the game you dummy.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Considering the personnel on defence, that was pretty good. Laine had a good game the puck just didn't go for him tonight. Scheifele was an absolute beast. It's hard to find him making a mistake anymore...

I don't know about this Ho-sang character. He's got good hands and speed that's for sure. When he took that absolutely back breaking penalty with 4 minutes left he was laughing and smiling about it. If I'm your coach and you are smiling at that point I am like "wtf does this kid think he is". You just cost your team the game you dummy.

He thought it was a dive. Laughing at what he thought was a bad call.

He looks like a good player but thinks he's better than he is.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm gonna enjoy the wins as they come. This year's draft doesn't really excite me that much after 2 and I don't think we get lucky a 2nd time - if we do, I'm really worrying about the Edmonton comparisons at this point.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
He thought it was a dive. Laughing at what he thought was a bad call.

He looks like a good player but thinks he's better than he is.

Yeah just when your team is chasing the playoffs and so late in the game...a smile should not be entering your face. I can see why he's had such attitude issues. When they missed that tripping call on Tavares he was chucking f-bombs and slamming his stick. Appropriate response to stupid reffing.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah just when your team is chasing the playoffs and so late in the game...a smile should not be entering your face. I can see why he's had such attitude issues. When they missed that tripping call on Tavares he was chucking f-bombs and slamming his stick. Appropriate response to stupid reffing.

I'm not too worried about it if I'm an Islanders fan. That's how some people react in situations like that. It's more of a disbelief than any kind of light hearted attitude.

He's gonna get lit up coming into the zone that way though. He won't be able to deke his way through better blue lines than that. I think he's responded fine to the alarm clock debacle since it happened.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

When he got to the penalty box he looked really somber

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Made me laugh when he talks about Little because after Little scored his second goal i was saying the exact same thing . :laugh: Chevy has to resign Little , he is exactly the type of player the Jets will need in the next few years to get better .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets had great pace. Too bad they had to play on gravel most of the night.

Ehlers was on fire. Loved his game.

Petan showed more than he has.

Lowry's line was good.

Morrissey was outstanding. Postma had his moments.

Even Melchiori wasn't awful.

Tavares looked really frustrated. Hard to see how they are going to re-sign him. Seems like they've squandered his prime years.

Easily Petan's best game of the season. More games like that will get him into the lineup on a nightly bases. Though it does look like a little PB helped him.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I'm not sure if I was drowsing or half-asleep or something but I remember thinking Laine had a secondary assist. Did that not happen?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wow not even 2 full pages of posts yet , must be because we won and Buff didn't cause us to lose .

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What a fun game to watch - shame that the Petan goal was called back. Beautiful play, that was (other than the offside ;)).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Nice to see Petan get to play with some offensive players. I wanted the Dano-Petan-Armia line in the GDT for the Devils game, and they were together for a bit last night and didn't look too bad.
I'd love to see a 3A/3B line situation with a more offensive line (Dano-Petan-Armia, or even Connor in there), and a defensive line (Copp-Lowry-Mathias).

I've always wanted Little to get re-signed and last night was another indication of how important he is to this team. I hope he is open to re-signing this summer. If not, that could become a distraction come trade deadline time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad