Post-Game Talk: "New Year's Revenge"; not a Lifetime Movie, but a WPG 4 - NYI 2 win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Great game, all told. What a great game to make some vCash on, I'm sure the odds were super long on the Jets.

On a related note:

So what's that a .931 for Hellebuyck?

What was that, 3 straight Jets goals after an early opposing goal?

Can we FINALLY blow this pathetic "sample-size-of-one", "it's WHEN you get the saves" ******** pseudoscience down the drain where it belongs? Flush twice, it's a long way to Taco Bell.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm always happy to see the team win, to see our good players doing well (Laine being a notable exception) and I mean, ya gotta take the positives where you can, right?

When our season officially ends, then I'll be sullen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Morrissey with 25:41 of ice time, that must have been a career high.

Solid game for him as well as the other kids.

Real nice team game but they need to clean up their breakouts. It was really sloppy the first part of the third.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ugh. Watching hockey with our playoff chances gone is kinda....bleh?

I don't know, I just love watching hockey. there was a lot to take from tonight. I feel a renewed optimism with Petan's game. I liked Helly battling back after a weak first goal. Morrissey is proving to have an outstanding defensive stick.

My one wish is that they would put Laine back with Scheifele and Ehlers so they could all have a chance to rack up the points in garbage time.

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
Look for the Jets to go on a bit of a run before the season is over. Usually happens right when the team is out of the playoff race. Horrible timing.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Tonight was the first game watching Petan play where i said i think he just might have a future on this team, sneaky quick shot and didn't get lost in the corners to bad about the overturned goal

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Only 8 points out of the playoffs now boys and girls .... Why not dream a little .

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Tonight was the first game watching Petan play where i said i think he just might have a future on this team, sneaky quick shot and didn't get lost in the corners to bad about the overturned goal

Plus, hitting the post is a rite of passage on the Jets. Scheifele did it. Ehlers did it. Petan's got a half dozen more or so, then they'll start going in.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
So according to sportsclubstats our chances of making the playoffs are about 1 in a 1,000. If you use the 50/50 method which removes factors such as how good a team is and home ice advantage, our odds go up to about 1 in 200 of getting in. A win tonight and with a little help from out of town our odds of making the playoffs will more than double

Considering how many of us willingly buy 50/50 tickets at Jets games where the odds of winning are probably about 1 in 10,000, I am surprised how virtually everyone has thrown in the towel on this season.

If we win the rest of our games we are likely in the playoffs, no matter what happens out of town (sportsclubstats has it at 74.9% but going to almost certainly 100% if we win tonight and get some help from the scoreboard).

I won't give up hope until we become totally reliant on the results of others. We are not there yet, we might be there after tonight, but until that happens I will continue to cheer on the Jets, not just to be spoilers or for Laine to win the Calder, but to keep the dream alive.

GO JETS GO

Ladd with a pair. Jets win 4 - 2

Am I right :handclap: :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So according to sportsclubstats our chances of making the playoffs are about 1 in a 1,000. If you use the 50/50 method which removes factors such as how good a team is and home ice advantage, our odds go up to about 1 in 200 of getting in. A win tonight and with a little help from out of town our odds of making the playoffs will more than double

Considering how many of us willingly buy 50/50 tickets at Jets games where the odds of winning are probably about 1 in 10,000, I am surprised how virtually everyone has thrown in the towel on this season.

If we win the rest of our games we are likely in the playoffs, no matter what happens out of town (sportsclubstats has it at 74.9% but going to almost certainly 100% if we win tonight and get some help from the scoreboard).

I won't give up hope until we become totally reliant on the results of others. We are not there yet, we might be there after tonight, but until that happens I will continue to cheer on the Jets, not just to be spoilers or for Laine to win the Calder, but to keep the dream alive.

GO JETS GO

Ladd with a pair. Jets win 4 - 2

Am I right :handclap: :D

So I then expect your Vcash should be up to 110 after tonight. Let it roll!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio

Blake Wheeler: What did the Jets do better after they scored their first goal? How did he like the way the team settled down while they were up 4-2? On the collective team effort on D. What is it like to see five guys hit 20 goals?

Connor Hellebuyck: What was his mindset in the first half of the game? Did he like the team’s defensive mindset?

Adam Lowry: Assessing the game. What has he learned from Bryan Little? What is it like to see five guys hit 20 goals?

Coach Maurice: After the first 5 minutes of the 1st period what did he like about what his team did to take over the game? On Hellebuyck settling down after the first one got past him. What does it say about his group having five 20 goal scorers? On Little hitting 20 goals despite missing so many goals. Did he think the unexpected day off help them at all? Explanation on the disallowed goal?

To listen click here.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Brian Little! Ehlers!

That Ho-Sang guy could be good

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't know, I just love watching hockey. there was a lot to take from tonight. I feel a renewed optimism with Petan's game. I liked Helly battling back after a weak first goal. Morrissey is proving to have an outstanding defensive stick.

My one wish is that they would put Laine back with Scheifele and Ehlers so they could all have a chance to rack up the points in garbage time.

Same. I still get excited to watch jets hockey and I wish for that line back. Maybe get as well get Laine that Calder!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Rather Islanders win so Leafs don't make playoffs.

I can imagine trying to explain the rules of being a Jets fan to your buddy who is just getting into hockey.

You: "We're loud at MTS. So cheer lots."

Buddy: "Got it. Cheer loud."

You: "Except for Stuart, that makes you look dumb."

Buddy: "Ok. Except Stuart."

You: "And Pavelec, in case he gets called up."

Buddy: "Pavel-who?"

You: "Perfect."

Buddy: "So we're not going to make the playoffs, right?"

You: "Yeah, sucks."

Buddy: "So, I cheer for another Canadian team? I heard the Leafs might make it."

You (agrily): "NEVER CHEER FOR THE LEAFS!" <head cuff>

Buddy: "Ouch! Ok. Not the leafs. Ottawa?"

You: "Yeah, that's ok I guess."

Buddy: "What about that McDavid guy, can I cheer for-"

You: <raises fist menacingly> "DONT SAY IT."

Buddy: "Ok! Ok! So American teams then?"

You: "Yeah. American teams are good."

Buddy: "Weird. Alright. I'll cheer for them in the Olympics too."

You: "NEVER CHEER FOR THE AMERICANS!"

Buddy: "But you just said -"

You: "That's it. We're not friends anymore. **** the Leafs."

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

Agreed, but he has to follow it up with a couple of more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad