New to HFB? Introduce Yourself Here.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Thanks. I'm starting to question Blysma and TK and have and odd obsession with Vitale, looks like I'll fit right in around here. :laugh:

Haha.......you might be infected. Unfortunately there is no shot for that, :laugh:

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Already did this once, but just for fun

Penguin fan since: 2005:sarcasm: but really I've been a fan my whole life, started religiously following them in 2006, but I still watched in the dark years, I remember Dick Tarnstrom as our leading scorer :(
Location: Born in Altoona, but currently living in Evansville, IN
University: University of Southern Indiana Studying History Education and Arabic
Favorite player: Brooks Orpik (yes still)
Interesting Fact(s)- I performed in an amateur circus for 8 years (Unicycle and Juggling), diagnosed with polythelia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernumerary_nipple), Was an NCAA DII cross country and track runner, Studying Arabic.
Least favorite player of all time- Jagr, I realize he was pivotal, but the whole "Dying alive" thing just cemented it for me.
Other hockey team I'm a fan of: St. Louis Blues, Evansville Icemen
Video games- Anything on the N64 (most recently Zelda Ocarina of time), Halo Reach, Settlers of Catan.
Marital status- single
Social security number- 774-93-2334:sarcasm:
Penguin games- I've been to 2 Penguin games, both last season. Once in St. Louis (where I was on TV in the background during the shootout attempt by Kris Letang!) and once in Pittsburgh vs. Toronto.
Favorite fellow Penguin Poster- Ogrezilla cracks me up
Vehicle- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
Position played (if any)- I've dabbled on defense, but in my beginner league I'm more comfortable playing RW. (side note last game we played after the Icemen at the Ford Center [biggest arena in Evansville] after the Icemen, my team won 3-2 and I scored twice :yo: )
Hobbies: Hockey, Hookah, Movies, Girls, Games of any sort, recreation-ally play just about anything
Countries visited: Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, US

I think I covered it all.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Interesting Candyman - amateur circus? You should feel at home here then. :)
Welcome!

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Been lurking the Boards for about a month, with the odd post here and there... you have no idea how glad I am to find a part of the interweb that is dedicated by people to the Pens.

Been a long time fan since 83/84... and just wanted to pass along my appreciation for the entertainment and insights you guys give during game days.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Been lurking the Boards for about a month, with the odd post here and there... you have no idea how glad I am to find a part of the interweb that is dedicated by people to the Pens.

Been a long time fan since 83/84... and just wanted to pass along my appreciation for the entertainment and insights you guys give during game days.

Awesome! Man how putrid was that '83-'84 team?? Oh well, it got us Mario.

Welcome to the board.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Awesome! Man how putrid was that '83-'84 team?? Oh well, it got us Mario.

Welcome to the board.

Bloody horrid, I was pinned down at the age of 9 for my fav team... and everyone else was a Leafs, Habs, Oilers or Islanders fan back then. I always loved the underdogs so seeing the Pens in last made it an easy choice, and got the weird looks I was looking for haha

GreatjonUmber

Mar 9, 2013
Elmore, VT
I'm new. I live in Vermont, but go to school in MA. I try to watch as many games as possible but the Wifi here operates on a scale from bad to horribad so needless to say I miss a few games here and there. Mark Eaton needs to go away and Joe Vitale needs to give Tanner Glass smallpox blankets.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Thought this would be the best place to put this, I'm not new to HF but new to the Pens. I started following them since Malkin came into the league (my favorite player in hockey, just a real treat to watch) but now I'm closey following the Pens. I was born and raised in St. Louis so the Blues are my number one team but I've picked up the Pens as my second.

I downloaded the Pens app and have listed to the 24x7x365 Pens radio constantly and really enjoy the team. So I finally decided to embrace my Pens love and purchased a Malkin jersey and will be getting Center Ice next season so I can see every game.

Due to being raised in St. Louis the Blues are still my number one team but after I graduate college next year my fiancé and I have been talking about moving to Pittsburgh (nothing's for sure yet). Since my coming out as Pens fan, while still being a Blues fan, I've been labled a bandwagoner by my cirlce of friends simply because I now like the Pens. I try to explain about how it's due to the playing style, my man crush on Malkin and how I just like Pittsburgh as a city but to no avail.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a note here, as I'm always on the Blues board, and say how much I enjoy this team and Go Pens!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Welcome welcome! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. We have a great board here so jump right in, too, instead of just the Blues.

JohanL

Mar 23, 2013
Saw candyman post this earlier and thought it was a fun idea so i'll just go ahead and steal it, with some small modifies :)

Penguin fan since: Somewhere in the mid 90s, remember my dad bought me a pens cap, I still dont know if he bought it for me because i rooted for the pens or the other way around. Guess i just loved the penguins logo back then.
Favorite player: Sid
Least favorite player of all time: Hartnell
Other hockey team I'm a fan of: Farjestads BK SEL
Video games- Huge gamer, mostly PS3 or PC. Plays about everything, sports, RPG, online fps or MMOs
Marital status- Girlfriend
Penguin games- None :(
Favorite fellow Penguins Poster: Cole
Vehicle- 2004 Saab 9-3 Vector
Position played (if any)- Only plays pond hockey with friends but i suppose a speedy winger.
Hobbies: NHL, Sports, Skateboarding, Video games, movies and of course friends and family
Countries visited: Sweden, norway, denmark, finland, germany, netherlands and belgium.

Been lurking for some years and just love the board and everyone on here! Not my native language so bear with me on the spelling part.

Heisenberg Pgh

Mar 28, 2013
What's up everyone? Long time hockey fan from Pittsburgh. I recall taking the bus from Pitt to the Civic Arena and scalping tickets for $5. The arena was empty and you could pretty much sit anywhere you wanted. Of course a win was very rare in those days.

Anyway, I wanted to join the fray here and put my .02 where it probably doesn't belong.

CrozJawz*

Hello everyone. Long time lurker and decided to join.

Been a Pens fan since the early 90s and I love everything hockey. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts, all the humor and knowledge that everyone brings...

Anyway, glad to be here. Let's Go Pens!

rY87z

Mar 28, 2013
New ''Penguins'' fan

Hi guys! Yes, you can say i have jumped into bandwaggon, but i have watched few games on my computer and im pretty amazed by great performance by team un the atmosfrere in ''Energy center'', it just took me into this team. Im asking you guys, where should i start, when watching ''Penguins''? My favorite player here is Malkin, i even went to game in Riga, when he visited us with Metalurg Magnitagorsk and his overall performance in KHL was just monsterous,young prospects and ''Pens'' history? I wanna know about lineups, strategies etc. :)
p.s - i have learned in these days, that i shold hate ''Flyers'' and ''Bruins'', am i righ?

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I don't think we really hate the Bruins. I hate a good bit of their fans though...

(Hate the Capitals/Rangers instead)

saveourpens

Jul 3, 2006
Pittsburgh
Penguin fan since: 2000.
University: Pitt
Favorite player: Mario
Interesting Fact(s)- Originally from Russia
Least favorite player of all time- Jagr, I realize he was pivotal, but the whole "Dying alive" thing just cemented it for me.
Other hockey team I'm a fan of: None
Penguin games- I don't keep count
Vehicle- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
Position played (if any)- O but can play anything
Hobbies: Hockey, Snowboarding, Tennis, Table Tennis
Countries visited: Spain, Israel, and the typical Latin American vacation spots.

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Name change...was serialthrila13 with the final scene of 24 as my avi. Thought with the winning streak over and two loses now why not a change? Not that my changes will have ANYTHING to do with the team, but thats how I do.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
Hi everybody! Normally I am just reading alone but after the all the deals Ray Shero made I wanted to write something as well. ;-)

I am a big Penguins fan from Austria, I root for the Pens since the early 90´s, when I could first catch NHL action on TV over here.

Looking forward to have good discussions with you guys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad