New to HFB? Introduce Yourself Here.

Tumbling

Feb 24, 2013
Hi, I play Ice Hockey, and follow NHL so I joined. I live in Pittsburgh and follow the penguins closely having season tickets. I mostly like to look at team stats, and goalie statistics. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
A few ground rules Tumbling...

1. If anything goes wrong in the game, or even just generally in your life, it's Bylsma's fault.

2. Tyler Kennedy is the worst hockey player in the history of the earth.

3. Joe Vitale is a god among men. Joe Vitale doesn't play hockey, hockey plays Joe Vitale.

4. You must constantly mull over who is better, Crosby or Malkin. Never appreciate that we have them both.

5. Wingers. More wingers. Wingers inside of wingers like Russian dolls.

If you stick to those rules, you'll be fine. Welcome.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

1. If anything goes wrong in the game, or even just generally in your life, it's Bylsma's fault.

3. Joe Vitale is a god among men. Joe Vitale doesn't play hockey, hockey plays Joe Vitale.

4. You must constantly mull over who is better, Crosby or Malkin. Never appreciate that we have them both.

Wait, you guys don't have the "If the Pens lose, it's Fleury's fault" rule here?

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Actually the Fleury rule is probably something more like: Fleury is either elite or a complete bum. No middle ground is allowed.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Also know this: the rest of the (HF) world hates you. You are not a real fan; you're a bandwagoner. No one in Pittsburgh knows anything about hockey. Pens fans don't deserve the talent that has come through the city. Also, Gary Bettman is your uncle and he fixes regular season and playoff games for us. He gift-wrapped Crosby and Malkin to us, and made sure we one the cup in '09. I think that covers it.

Fire Shero*

Don't forget that Shero is a genius. He's perfect. He had a fantastic offseason.

Be sure to overrate every pens prospect. I.e. Eric Tangradi was compared to Kevin Stevens not so long ago.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Actually the Fleury rule is probably something more like: Fleury is either elite or a complete bum. No middle ground is allowed.
It's more the haters that seem so obsessed with the term elite...

Welcome to the boards Tumbling. Just try not to let them taint your view of either the Pens or NHL fanbase in general, though that may be hard at times.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011

:laugh:

@ Tumbling: welcome brother :yo:

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
tumblr_m11ljiwkVa1qcvkpto1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m11ljiwkVa1qcvkpto5_250.gif

Also, the great Red Panda is the bearer of the word of Joe. It guides us to Joeness in dark times.

red-panda-03.jpeg

LetangyBarbecue

Feb 21, 2013
Pittsburgh

:laugh:

Tumbling

Feb 24, 2013
Haha thanks. Does anyone think it's a good idea for me to start a thread suggesting Gilles Meloche to step down as goalie coach?

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
Haha thanks. Does anyone think it's a good idea for me to start a thread suggesting Gilles Meloche to step down as goalie coach?

Welcome!
No, you should go on the main boards and start a thread about:

• Crosby/Malkin being better than Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.
  • Trading for Devin Setoguchi.

;)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
And as of this season, Vokoun for main goalie.

Yes, while Fleury is either elite or a complete bum, Vokoun is just the opposite...complete bum or elite.

Welcome aboard...and help us bring back Therrien...then again Bylsma, in time for playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad