New Redline Report

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
steblick said:
Most of the kids are coached in what to say at the interviews which leads to a bunch of cliches or set answers. Most don't want to screw up, so they stick to pretty much prescripted lines. BUT, if a team has two propects rated equally, then the feeling they get from a guy at the interview could well help them make the final choice.

Steblick: Good point. There was an MSG/Rangers program on the draft (either last year or the year before) and they mentioned that they tried to interview players during the year before they had been coached in what to say during interviews.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Chief said:
I wasn't looking to open up a can worms, just sharing my opinion on something and looking for some more info. I appreciate your posts which shed some light on the topic. Obviously, there are a lot of impassioned posts on HF and I think people get too worked up about some statements. I did used to subscribe to the RLR and, when I did, I found it to be entertaining and informative and I'm sure it hasn't changed much since then. However, I don't necessarily think of them as "competition". Their products are different than the one we provide and I think in many ways they serve a different audience - and when they don't, I think there's plenty of room for everyone. It's like reading The Hockey News and reading your local paper's hockey coverage - they don't have to be mutually exclusive. And I'll say one more thing, which I have said many times, if someone wants to get the best overall sense of players eligible for a draft, they should probably subscribe to all of the services because then you'd get different viewpoints. Of course, that might be too expensive but I've always felt that the more info you have, the better off you'll be.

OK. Fair enough. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad