New Kits 18/19

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not in an era where teams in Europe have Asian wordmarks on their shirts so no-one even understand what it says.
There's a story in Mick Foley's first book where he designed a shirt with Japanese writing on it that flopped in Japan because the fans there dig shirts in English. Conversely the shirt sold like hotcakes here because the American fans dug the Japanese writing.

Reactions: Predarat

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Manchester-City.jpg
psg-18-19-home-kit-1.jpg
juventus-18-19-home-kit-2.jpg
chelsea-18-19-home-kit-1.jpg
nike-inter-18-19-home-kit-2.jpg

Inter looks good.

PSG and Chelsea look average.

Juve's collar is just awful

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sponsorships ruin everything... I haven't liked a barca kit since like 2012. Haven't bought one since too. I'll give in soon though need an Inesta kit.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sponsorships ruin everything... I haven't liked a barca kit since like 2012. Haven't bought one since too. I'll give in soon though need an Inesta kit.

I don't mind some of the kits, but yeah sponsorships ruin them.

You should move on today's kit. I'm assuming they're selling them. Get that "Infinit" detail. Better yet might be CdR shirt as he scored in that one.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't mind some of the kits, but yeah sponsorships ruin them.

You should move on today's kit. I'm assuming they're selling them. Get that "Infinit" detail. Better yet might be CdR shirt as he scored in that one.

That's a good point. I'll get on it. :)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Arsenal going for the Don Cheadle vote with their sleeve sponsor:

arsenal-announce-sleeve-sponsor.jpg

At least the big pink bands on the sleeves look nice.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I'm concerned that Rwanda's government has enough money to pay Arsenal for that. It doesn't strike me as the sort of place that has a budget surplus, but I might be wrong.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm concerned that Rwanda's government has enough money to pay Arsenal for that. It doesn't strike me as the sort of place that has a budget surplus, but I might be wrong.

You're definitely wrong... not surprising coming from you though. They don't live in huts...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Other than the collar I really like the Arsenal third jerseys. Simple and slightly different

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United haven’t had good kits since they changed to Adidas. Chevy followed.

The blue and red in 2012 both had checks/gingham. They were absolutely great. AON and Nike. Downhill since then.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I remember when Spurs signed a deal with Puma. At that point I was very pleased as I thought Puma made some cool kits - oh so disappointing - and has been ever since in my opinion.

I guess the Spurs kit which looks like someone has urinated on has some sentimental value now. And even the kits they made with decent design had a horrible fit. They were better suited for overweight (and I mean really overweight) fans than fit players. Happy to see Arsenal are the ones having to struggle with Puma these days.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
You're definitely wrong... not surprising coming from you though. They don't live in huts...

Indeed, not surprising, as I am someone who asks uncomfortable questions. Rwanda ranks 167th in GDP per capita in the world, 159th in the UN's Human Development Index. According to the UN, 54% of the population live in poverty, 20% in severe poverty, 32% are illiterate and so forth. Rwanda received 1.1 billion $ in development aid from various sources in 2016. Are those development funds redirected to pay Arsenal? Is this proper use of funding in a poor country regardless?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Indeed, not surprising, as I am someone who asks uncomfortable questions. Rwanda ranks 167th in GDP per capita in the world, 159th in the UN's Human Development Index. According to the UN, 54% of the population live in poverty, 20% in severe poverty, 32% are illiterate and so forth. Rwanda received 1.1 billion $ in development aid from various sources in 2016. Are those development funds redirected to pay Arsenal? Is this proper use of funding in a poor country regardless?

Maybe the public exposure brings in enough tourism for their businesses to make the sponsorship a good investment? I'm skeptical that that's true, but I don't know anything about the deal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Clearly sponsorships are not charity (in some cases it might be of course). That is a business decision by Rwanda. Poor countries are not to spend money on advertising their tourist industry? Obviously Rwanda believe they will get more back than what they spend.

If that is correct or not is a different discussion.

Reactions: KJS14

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1