New jersey released

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Aprons were terrible and a reflection to a decade of darkness for this franchise. Having the more classic look restores a much better looking jersey and perhaps some faith in some Avaholics (including myself)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Dater is feeling extra feisty in this sequence.

Not that I've used it, but my first degree was in mass communication, and I had a sports media scholarship with it, and I wouldn't have used such a large block quote like that (that Boulding seemed to take issue with)...but I guess he at least credited the Avs' website with it (when I've legitimately seen people fail to do so in real life when I did that stuff back in college).

Seemed a bit pedantic to basically turn it around and point out that it's not that much different than posting a video where a reporter asks all the questions (for their story) and gets the answers, while the Team Social Media guy just stands and records to post later. The inherent comparison is something I would agree is similar, but I'm of the opinion that's a bit more "common practice" (although I guess a point of contention could be in situation where a reporter gets some good quotes but the team's social media guy posts the video before the reporter can capitalize on their "good scoop") when it comes to videos being posted on the team site, and in reality Dater should've just said the equivalent of "mea cupla" and remembered to trim it down next time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not that I've used it, but my first degree was in mass communication, and I had a sports media scholarship with it, and I wouldn't have used such a large block quote like that (that Boulding seemed to take issue with)...but I guess he at least credited the Avs' website with it (when I've legitimately seen people fail to do so in real life when I did that stuff back in college).

Seemed a bit pedantic to basically turn it around and point out that it's not that much different than posting a video where a reporter asks all the questions (for their story) and gets the answers, while the Team Social Media guy just stands and records to post later. The inherent comparison is something I would agree is similar, but I'm of the opinion that's a bit more "common practice" (although I guess a point of contention could be in situation where a reporter gets some good quotes but the team's social media guy posts the video before the reporter can capitalize on their "good scoop") when it comes to videos being posted on the team site, and in reality Dater should've just said the equivalent of "mea cupla" and remembered to trim it down next time.

IMO... don't bite the hand that feeds. Dater should have done a better job with his article and Boulding is in the right for calling it out. Dater has somewhat of a point on the video, but that is common practice for every sports team... and that shouldn't be his only source of information on an article. If it is, he isn't doing his job properly.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
IMO... don't bite the hand that feeds. Dater should have done a better job with his article and Boulding is in the right for calling it out. Dater has somewhat of a point on the video, but that is common practice for every sports team... and that shouldn't be his only source of information on an article. If it is, he isn't doing his job properly.

Yeah, pretty much what I said ;)

member 116861

I love this jersey even more than the 90's jerseys. They look a lot cleaner and sexier than those ones. I have zero complaints about this jersey even though there is no piping.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I can't wait to get a Compher jersey and wear it around Michigan lol. Nothing like repping an Avs sweater with the former Captain of UofM hockey on it. The question will be how long I have to wait before someone gets a hold of legit authentics.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
I like it..One of the best.
Can't wait to see the white...

Any 3rd jersey ?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Well they failed again. Looks like something from a 90's roller hockey team... And they still can't evolve from the black pants and helmet?

Forever in the 90's... staff included.

Do you use this same logic for the O6 teams? Or Pittsburgh? Forever in the 50s/90s.

Some people just can't be pleased.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Feel the same as everyone else, very happy with these. The cutout photos on white blowout the colors and don't look as good as the HQ photos though.

I wonder if since they tweaked the C on the nameplate a bit, they'll change the captains C on the front too?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I like it..One of the best.
Can't wait to see the white...

Any 3rd jersey ?

Not this coming season.

I was hoping they might mothball the old logo for a while, use it as a shoulder patch for their C's, but going back to the classics works for me.

Snow Monster

Jun 15, 2013
Well they failed again. Looks like something from a 90's roller hockey team... And they still can't evolve from the black pants and helmet?

Forever in the 90's... staff included.

Do you use this same logic for the O6 teams? Or Pittsburgh? Forever in the 50s/90s.

Some people just can't be pleased.
Exactly! No one ever accused the Maple Leafs of being stuck in the 30s. If a look fits your team does it really matter what era it's from? The whole stuck in the 90s thing is a really weak argument. But, if it provides an excuse to complain about something...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't really care all that much. It looks nice, but really, to my eye the changes are superficial.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Exactly! No one ever accused the Maple Leafs of being stuck in the 30s. If a look fits your team does it really matter what era it's from? The whole stuck in the 90s thing is a really weak argument. But, if it provides an excuse to complain about something...

Like if they went full triangle logo or C there wouldn't be complaints, come on let's be real here.

There's a huge difference between being an original 6 team and one that evolved decades later as far as heritage goes.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
True enough.

Whatever, no reason to fight. Either way we got a major upgrade. It does look a bit brighter colours but maybe that's just the screens contrast, Avs jerseys are notorious for varying in bright/dark depending on the website.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Regarding the uniprons: having totally unnecessary piping (aka, the apron strings) cutting through an otherwise solid background of burgundy - that's one big no-no.

THEN to have the burgundy directly border the blue (dark directly on dark) is the other big no-no.

... these issues then exacerbate one another because the piping that is unnecessarily breaking up the burgundy could have been used as the simple border between the burgundy and the blue - having the piping sitting in no man's land should have never even been presented as an option. It's a bad aesthetic. That's a basic design error that was never addressed (until now).

I want to see more photos of the full jersey (with the new numbering and lettering) as well as the road before I make a full assessment, but my first impression is overall pretty favorable. Yes, it's a rehash of an old design - but that design at least worked, which you can't say about the Reebok Edge mess we've had for the last decade.

Well worded and my thoughts exactly. I wish they had just gone with the original jerseys completely (black and white separating the burgundy/blue) but whatever, I will take this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad