Proposal: New Jersey - Minnesota

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
How many chances has Brodin had at playoff hockey and wilted each time? I’d be totally fine with moving him and clearing his cap for anything of real value

Are you forgetting that the wild has exactly 2 top 6 wingers currently? Are you forgetting the Kap is likely gone in 2 years? Are you forgetting the Ohgren projects as a 3rd liner if he ever sees nhl ice. Are you forgetting the wild see Yurov as a center and that has them thinking Rossi may be expendable? Are you thinking about anything at all related to hockey and not blind homerism and deference to the Guerin country club????
Kaprizov is gone? Only you think that . Wild could pay him more and Russo has already speculated wild would. Danila Yurov could also play winger. Then boldy exists. Russo never said Rossi will be moved or he’s expandable.

If Kaprizov was gone , he wouldn’t have built relationship with Marat.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Kaprizov is gone? Only you think that . Wild could pay him more and Russo has already speculated wild would. Danila Yurov could also play winger. Then boldy exists. Russo never said Rossi will be moved or he’s expandable.

If Kaprizov was gone , he wouldn’t have built relationship with Marat.
I’d bet half the wild board thinks Kap is gone , Russo said the Wild potentially see Marat and Yurov playing up the middle and could explore trading Rossi. Another winger with top 6 potential is exactly what we need.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Seems like an ok offer if this was the summer of 2026. Not now.

Yes , there is. He will be 31 years old next year and doesn’t fit any window this team has at all.
He fits the first 3 years of it, though if Kap leaves, all bets are off.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Seems like an ok offer if this was the summer of 2026. Not now.

He fits the first 3 years of it, though if Kap leaves, all bets are off.
I honestly don’t see what changes significantly next year? Are you seeing some massive improvement occurring that I’m not? Because this team is a ways from being anything resembling a contender.

Even if Yurov is a homerun we still only have

Rossi Kap Ek Boldy Yurov for legitimate top 6 players. We are thin on D and we have serious goaltending questions.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I honestly don’t see what changes significantly next year? Are you seeing some massive improvement occurring that I’m not? Because this team is a ways from being anything resembling a contender.

Even if Yurov is a homerun we still only have

Rossi Kap Ek Boldy Yurov for legitimate top 6 players. We are thin on D and we have serious goaltending questions.
I'm thinking after next year it starts. No cap penalties, Rossi + Faber having another full season behind them, Wallstedt probably having his 1B NHL season behind him, Yurov's probable rookie season, Boldy now fully in his prime. I think having a good veteran top 4 defenseman is still an asset, even if it's his 32-35 year old seasons.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Why should Brodin want to move to Jersey for an early summer off?
He wouldn’t which makes the entire thing academic

I'm thinking after next year it starts. No cap penalties, Rossi + Faber having another full season behind them, Wallstedt probably having his 1B NHL season behind him, Yurov's probable rookie season, Boldy now fully in his prime. I think having a good veteran top 4 defenseman is still an asset, even if it's his 32-35 year old seasons.
I still can’t shake the feeling that Brodin is a playoff liability also. He has been poor in every post season as far as I recall. A total non factor. Dumba is the only dman since about 2015 that’s showed up. Spurgeon Brodin and Suter were largely f***ing awful and disinterested

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He wouldn’t which makes the entire thing academic

I still can’t shake the feeling that Brodin is a playoff liability also. He has been poor in every post season as far as I recall. A total non factor. Dumba is the only dman since about 2015 that’s showed up. Spurgeon Brodin and Suter were largely f***ing awful and disinterested
I think Brodin just is what he is. He's not going to all of a sudden start hitting and fighting once the playoffs roll around. If he plays well, he'll be playing his game well.

And I don't really buy anybody being "disinterested" during the playoffs. That's probably about the worst thing you could say about an NHL player.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think Brodin just is what he is. He's not going to all of a sudden start hitting and fighting once the playoffs roll around. If he plays well, he'll be playing his game well.

And I don't really buy anybody being "disinterested" during the playoffs. That's probably about the worst thing you could say about an NHL player.
Tell me you haven’t seen the 2015-2023 “cores” mail it in during games in the post season when the going got rough? I mean come on man.

Brodin is an awesome dman but he is not built for the post season on all. Same thing with Spurgeon

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brodin is probably a little overrated at this point, great defensively but doesn't provide much else (except when he catches fire and scores 5 goals in 9 games once every 2-3 years). Don't know that he's part of the problem in the playoffs, don't know that he's necessarily part of the solution either.

Not really worth a top line center or a package of elite, blue chip futures like some would want.

Offer is fine. Pieces are probably not what the Wild would be looking for, but they're also not going to trade Brodin and Brodin probably doesn't waive his NMC either.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Brodin is probably a little overrated at this point, great defensively but doesn't provide much else (except when he catches fire and scores 5 goals in 9 games once every 2-3 years). Don't know that he's part of the problem in the playoffs, don't know that he's necessarily part of the solution either.

Not really worth a top line center or a package of elite, blue chip futures like some would want.

Offer is fine. Pieces are probably not what the Wild would be looking for, but they're also not going to trade Brodin and Brodin probably doesn't waive his NMC either.
I think the pieces NJ would be offering here are a bit underrated as well. I mean let’s tweak the deal a touch and change the 2nd to a 3rd from MN

MN gets equivalent of 3x1sts in value for Brodin and a 3rd?

Sign me up

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Minnesota only makes this trade if they believe 2 of Lambos, O’Rourke or Hunt are ready for full time duty in the National.

The 1st from NJ would be in the 14-15 range unless they hit a lottery but it’s a stretch from that position.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
super salty rn for unrelated reasons but no, the value is not close, and it makes no sense for us even if it was close considering the state of our D.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You're not getting Brodin for this pile of trash.
Posters love writing nasty replies, but thats actually a generous offer,

2 high upside young assets plus a guy to assume some of JB minutes

Not saying MW must do it, just that that it does seem a quite fair return, after so many clueless unbalanced proposals here at HFB

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think the pieces NJ would be offering here are a bit underrated as well. I mean let’s tweak the deal a touch and change the 2nd to a 3rd from MN

MN gets equivalent of 3x1sts in value for Brodin and a 3rd?

Sign me up
Holtz and Marino are not even close to being worth a 1st. Marino is a bottom pairing 4M dman. No one wants that.

In this deal, the NJD are giving up a 1st and bunch of crap for a 1D. Everyone will beat that offer if Brodin was available.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Posters love writing nasty replies, but thats actually a generous offer,

2 high upside young assets plus a guy to assume some of JB minutes

Not saying MW must do it, just that that it does seem a quite fair return, after so many clueless unbalanced proposals here at HFB
It's not generous. It's two pieces the Devils don't even want any more and a pick swap. Marino has been terrible this year. Holtz is getting outscored by Erik Haula.

If Brodin was on the market, and he's not, the Wild could do better. At the very least we would want a Center coming back. The absolute last thing we need is wingers.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's not generous. It's two pieces the Devils don't even want any more and a pick swap. Marino has been terrible this year. Holtz is getting outscored by Erik Haula.

If Brodin was on the market, and he's not, the Wild could do better. At the very least we would want a Center coming back. The absolute last thing we need is wingers.
This isn't very true at all anymore.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Holtz and Marino are not even close to being worth a 1st. Marino is a bottom pairing 4M dman. No one wants that.

In this deal, the NJD are giving up a 1st and bunch of crap for a 1D. Everyone will beat that offer if Brodin was available.
Marino is a youngish 2nd pair dman with upside , he would bring a late first. Holtz is a recent #7 pick who hasn’t been given a legit shot to succeed and while his stock might have fallen a little I would trade any pick after 14oa this year for him and I’d be really happy to make that deal.

This isn't very true at all anymore.
Why are so many wild fans oblivious to this? Like we have top 6 depth or something????

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Our defense is thin enough as it is....Brodin is the #1 guy followed by Faber. After that, it's a steep fall off the cliff followed by questionable goaltending. Wouldn't make any sense to move him.
I can see why Minny doesn't do this but the value isn't all that bad considering some of the trade offers on this page.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Calling this a pile of trash LMAO, holy f*** has NHL video games corrupted everyone's minds with trades

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Calling this a pile of trash LMAO, holy f*** has NHL video games corrupted everyone's minds with trades
If we're throwing out accusations about what influences thought process, I think you've been smoking a little too much wacka flacka flame to think a top pair defenseman with an NMC gets moved for a poo poo platter of the Devils spare parts

• Haha
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad