Proposal: New Jersey - Minnesota

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
UNlike Rossi, Holtz didn't have to deal with a life threatening condition which wiped out a year of development. Holtz has also been less productive than Rossi, and if you watch nay NJD games, less impressive. Bottom line, to me is that his feet are still pretty slow.

All that aside, MN is in no position to trade their top pairing Dman, especially with Spurgeon out for the year.

Also, us having to send our 2nd(likely a high one) back in return for their later 1st is simply ridiculous.

I don't follow NJD that much, but while any team can use a guy like Brodin, and he would certainly help them, isn't their main need goaltending and some toughness?
The toughness part is right, but truth is our D is in shambles bc Marino is the only real carryover from last year except Siegenthaler, and our team D got worse as well.

Any avg goaltender would get lit up so unless we get a little D help.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The Wild are "muddling middle" while playing with $14MM less cap space than everyone else in the league. That restriction falls off by the playoffs next year, and if they accrue cap space during the season, they can freely spend that cap even during next season. Team ran into a bad injury year, it happens to teams, but the young core has shown some very good play, and keeping a strong defender like Brodin around is only a good thing while the team is looking to be competitive.

He has an NMC, and is the top player at his position, LD is the weakest part of this current roster, weakening it further to add another winger makes no sense organizationally. This proposal takes no account for the Wild's needs at all.

I did not say anything bad about the Devil's players in this proposal, but they don't come close to making sense for the Wild to acquire at the cost of Brodin.
other teams also operate with buy out penalties. 14 m less than every other team is incorrect. but i agree the buyout was extremly costly and i never really understood why they did it.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Ah a top 4 prime yeared defensman with some term , a most likely mid 1st round pick and a young top 6 potential sniper is trash ? Good to know. The Devils can just keep then if that's the case. They will still have plenty of value to us.
"you didn't like my proposal so I'll dig you a salty mine" lol.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
other teams also operate with buy out penalties. 14 m less than every other team is incorrect. but i agree the buyout was extremly costly and i never really understood why they did it.
It becomes obvious when you consider the ramifications of a late in their career player holding the ability to cripple the franchise if they aren't kept happy. Two aging players that had shown a history of going above coach's and management's heads to the owner and who were looking at decreased ice time in the near future. The players were straight up incentivized to be bought out as well, as they could then freely sign another contract, Suter made an extra $14MM by getting himself bought out.

At the time of the buyouts, the cap recapture penalties would have been $22.1MM each this year, with Parise missing the first half of the season, his penalty would have been in effect and the Wild would have had to find a way to dump $22MM this last off season, which would have been extremely costly.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBF1972

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
"you didn't like my proposal so I'll dig you a salty mine" lol.
And you chime in with a useless comment because you have nothing better to do while Buffalo hasn't seen playoff ice in like 13 years now haha.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
And you chime in with a useless comment because you have nothing better to do while Buffalo hasn't seen playoff ice in like 13 years now haha.
you wasted your time "thinking" out that post, I get the pleasure of chiming in. I'll watch my shitty team. You learn how to not post like a prepubescent kid who just read Twilight for the first time and got caught up in their feelings.

• Haha
Reactions: rynryn and Groo

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
At least this is a better proposal than the ones in the Rasmus Andersson thread, I'll give you that. However, it's not enough to pry a top-pairing D on a sweet heart deal with a NMC away from his current team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad