GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Calgary Flames 7pm: Just the facts edition

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
There are many points in time you can point to and say what if.

If we don't start off with 1 win in the first 8 or 9 games and win half of the shootouts we have 90 something points now.

So much went wrong this season it is impossible topoint to one thing.

True. I think to be within 5 points of the playoffs is miraculous in itself.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There are many points in time you can point to and say what if.

If we don't start off with 1 win in the first 8 or 9 games and win half of the shootouts we have 90 something points now.

So much went wrong this season it is impossible topoint to one thing.

All the losses to Columbus perfectly encapsulate our entire season though. Two losses to McIlheny, their backup. One shootout loss. Two blown leads (a 1-0 lead in the 4-1 loss and a two-goal lead in the 5-4 loss).

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
True. I think to be within 5 points of the playoffs is miraculous in itself.

I don't. I think this team is better than where they stand.

I think injuries and young players not stepping up where the down fall

The youth of this team was such a major disappointment that any contributions would've been significant, they gave none.

Edit: the only exception was Merrill.

NC107*

I really have no faith in Lou fixing the offense. He'll say some crap like ''Well our guys were injured the last few games or we probably would have made it to the playoffs''

We desperately need to add some goal scoring.

How many 1-0 (non empty net goals) games have we lost this year? 5 at least?

HOW TRUE re remarksbabout Lou

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Can't lose to bad hockey clubs so late in the season.

Flames, isles, Florida and Buffalo.
2 out of 8 possible points in those 4 games.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Well, the devils just saved me a few hundred bucks worth of playoff tickets.

#silverlining

The glory days are starting to feel like a very long time ago.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Pretty much this. This loss doesn't really hurt. Losses to the Sound Tigers and Americans with a mostly healthy lineup are the ones that hurt. A two goal blown lead to the scrubs in Sunrise is one that hurts. A 3 goal blown lead in the last 12 minutes of the game back in October hurts.

And you know what hurts the most? 3 out of 4 games against the CBJ were losses. The absolute worst being a game in which we had a 2 goal lead back in December. We have an even or winning record against every team in the division this year. At least every team other than the CBJ that is.

all that and add the crappy road trip to start season, blown leads, SO losses, being shutout how many ****ing times?! ….the stupidity that was the stadium game and the biggest teller of them all:

the trash from niagara.

a 1-0 (OT!) win end of november :scared:

a 1-2 loss after new years with d'agostini scoring the winner….(his first of the season)

and the april foolishness of the SO loss last week…….

….these are points that were left on the table against the **** of the ****.

…….****in joke that should never happen.

"status quo" my ass……

jam jars should fly!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
all that and add the crappy road trip to start season, blown leads, SO losses, being shutout how many ****ing times?! ….the stupidity that was the stadium game and the biggest teller of them all:

the trash from niagara.

a 1-0 (OT!) win end of november :scared:

a 1-2 loss after new years with d'agostini scoring the winner….(his first of the season)

and the april foolishness of the SO loss last week…….

….these are points that were left on the table against the **** of the ****.

…….****in joke that should never happen.

"status quo" my ass……

jam jars should fly!

ONE 5 on 5 goal score against BuffaLOL in 3 games. Completely and utterly unacceptable.

NC107*

It's not over...

If you had faith no use in giving up now.

Big thank you to the mods for making the post game talk easier by dealing with the trolls by the way.

What a downer of a game. Can't knock Deboer tonight to be honest, the team played really hard. Look at what we threw out there. Lifetime Jagr fan after what he put out there on the ice. What does he have to prove to anyone? Yet he was the guy flailing all over the ice desperately trying to win a game.

Can't win without skilled talent.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

3/30/2014

I was looking for Boucher highlights to make me feel better about the future. Stumbled upon the above. Hilarious how frustrating Albany's PP is (reminds me of the big club).

This is Outhouse is their goal song.

How awesome.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Were there really boos at the end of the game? I thought I heard them, but sometimes I think I just hear things. Devs26 I think mentioned there were indeed boos after the final horn.

And Bernier is ****ing garbage. Still the goat as far as I'm concerned. Carter missed a good opportunity too, but he's not as much of a choker as Bernier. Space Junk misses a completely wide open net. Best chance of the night and he CHOKES like usual. Hopefully he has fun choking in another city next year. Hopefully a city in Europe. He's really looking like he's run his course in the NHL. Go join Rostislav Olesz over in Europe you ****ing useless turd.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Were there really boos at the end of the game? I thought I heard them, but sometimes I think I just hear things. Devs26 I think mentioned there were indeed boos after the final horn.

Yeah the boos were very clear...I didn't partake in the booing but quite honestly they deserved the boos for the season as a whole.

The irony is the boos for Pete were very subdued for the first time in weeks going into the game. I'm sure they'll be back in full force Friday though :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah the boos were very clear...I didn't partake in the booing but quite honestly they deserved the boos for the season as a whole.

The irony is the boos for Pete were very subdued for the first time in weeks going into the game. I'm sure they'll be back in full force Friday though :P

Steve was still talking when you could hear the assistant coaches being announced. The stupid theme music kicked in right as they were announcing Pete's name before the commercial break, so I didn't hear the reaction. I was wondering what it was like.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ramo 2.53 GAA.

Shutout.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1h
Jagr said Ramo's win was the best he's ever seen a goalie play in one game.

Of course it was...when Ryan Carter and Steve Bernier are getting your golden chances, any beer league guy could look great :shakehead

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't remember if I said that here but the boos were very clear...I didn't partake in the booing but quite honestly they deserved the boos for the season as a whole.

But do they really deserve the boos? I'm sorry but look at our roster, the forward lineup is quite awful. It's no wonder we have trouble scoring goals. I don't think I can really blame Lou for this either. Kovalchuk was obviously expected to carry a huge load for this team in terms of scoring goals and Lou can't just replace a guy like him via free agency. I don't think I could think of a reason to boo this team. They try so hard almost every night, but the talent just isn't there no matter how much effort they put.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
But do they really deserve the boos? I'm sorry but look at our roster, the forward lineup is quite awful. It's no wonder we have trouble scoring goals. I don't think I can really blame Lou for this either. Kovalchuk was obviously expected to carry a huge load for this team in terms of scoring goals and Lou can't just replace a guy like him via free agency. I don't think I could think of a reason to boo this team. They try so hard almost every night, but the talent just isn't there no matter how much effort they put.

There were plenty of games down the stretch where it was like pulling teeth to get them going in the first period, plenty of no-show games against bad teams before this three-game stretch where they somehow wiped the slate clean with a lot of people.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1h
Jagr said Ramo's win was the best he's ever seen a goalie play in one game.

Of course it was...when Ryan Carter and Steve Bernier are getting your golden chances, any beer league guy could look great :shakehead

Decent players light ramo up tonight.

He gave Devils many open nets.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I hope Calgary doesn't make the playoffs for the next 20 years. **** em. Maybe they'll hang a banner for this game. Lmao, dumping the puck down the ice preserving a meaningless game.

I loathe franchises like this. Absolutely ****ing loathe them.

Calgary plays a tough game and sadly the Devil's took them lightly. Ramo played a strong game and the Devils failed to capitalize on their chances. Just goes to show you can never underestimate ANY team in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad