Seravalli: New Jersey Devils have been after Boeser for a few years now.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I am not trying to intentionally misunderstand anything. Look back at what was posted. I said I saw someone posted on the Devils board about Zacha is not worth qualifying and that it wasn't a hot take that I randomly came up. You proceeded to say you have never seen that at the slightest and the only time you saw that view was from me which felt like you were implying that I was lying.

I then proceeded to show you the comment that I saw. You then suggested that I claimed the entire fanbase felt this way. This was never my argument. I was just simply trying to show you the comment I saw exists. If it makes you feel better, I think the majority of the fanbase wants to qualify Zacha, although many don't seem to value him highly. You said you would move him for a reclamation project here.

Value of: - Pavel Zacha

If you never meant it as a personal attack, we can just call this a misunderstanding and move on. Life is too short to bicker over something like this. Cheers.

I now know where I went wrong, the "guy from Vancouver" wasn't you, I meant the journalist that mentioned it I can't recall his name and was too lazy to look it up.

I absolutely would move him for a similar aged reclamation project, I've never claimed otherwise.
I would also have zero reservations with qualifying him at 3 million.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Subban's 9.5 is off the books this year

Johnsson's 3.4, Bernier's 4.1, and Tatar's 4.5 are off next year

And Zacha's 2.25 would be going the other way

Mercer and Holtz will be on ELCs for the next 2 and 3 years, respectively.

I'd offer Boeser something like 5 x $8M, he gets more than he's making right now and a chance for another big UFA contract at 30. The Devils should be competitive during that time with some really nice ELCs giving them awesome value, meaning they can overpay in other places.

Yes, taking all of those contracts into account, it’s still half of the cap committed to five players. Additionally, giving BB 5 years, $8M AAV, that’s criminal.

The real move the Devils should be making is for 1 more D piece. Chychrun. Trade this years 1st, unprotected and Ty Smtih ++ for him. Devils have enough youth they need Defense an a goalie. The chance at Shane Wright won’t keep pucks out of the net, a good defense will. Devils will get consistent on offense and they can score, add the offensive pieces once Tatar and Johnsson leave.

Devils Defense 2022:
Chychrun-Hamilton
Sieganthaler-Severson
Graves-Hughes (A very real possibility he makes the jump)

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
A 2nd round pick and a prospect that might play 200 games in a bottom 6 role is the best the Canucks can do? If that's the case you keep him, because that return is a 2nd for Vey, or McCann and a 2nd for Gudbranson bad.
You realize the devils 2nd would be like 35 overall right? I'd be fine with that pick, McCarthy, and Foote.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Yes, taking all of those contracts into account, it’s still half of the cap committed to five players. Additionally, giving BB 5 years, $8M AAV, that’s criminal.

The real move the Devils should be making is for 1 more D piece. Chychrun. Trade this years 1st, unprotected and Ty Smtih ++ for him. Devils have enough youth they need Defense an a goalie. The chance at Shane Wright won’t keep pucks out of the net, a good defense will. Devils will get consistent on offense and they can score, add the offensive pieces once Tatar and Johnsson leave.

Devils Defense 2022:
Chychrun-Hamilton
Sieganthaler-Severson
if the devils win the lottery this proposal has a real chance. else the yotoes probably ask for the inclusion of either hughes, hischier or mercer. i don't think chychrun will get traded to the devils.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Devils Defense 2022:
Chychrun-Hamilton
Sieganthaler-Severson
Hmmmmm great thinking
I said the same days ago

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Safe to say Ty Smith isnt the one Canucks are after otherwise why would NJD healthy scratch him when they played the Canucks last night rather than showcasing him.

or maybe they are playing 4D chess and didnt want the Canucks to get a close up look at how Ty Smith has been playing like poop.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Safe to say Ty Smith isnt the one Canucks are after otherwise why would NJD healthy scratch him when they played the Canucks last night rather than showcasing him.

or maybe they are playing 4D chess and didnt want the Canucks to get a close up look at how Ty Smith has been playing like poop.
currently it would be more of the second. but the way the cannucks played, it would have been tough to mess up.

the price for halak on the other hand went up. to get his contract off the payroll .... :sarcasm:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
currently it would be more of the second. but the way the cannucks played, it would have been tough to mess up.

the price for halak on the other hand went up. to get his contract off the payroll .... :sarcasm:

That would have been the perfect time to play Smith, vs the Canucks who were on a back to back with their backup in net and playing in a different time zone.

Does NJD still care about winning at this point? They should be showcasing these guys to boost their value.

What exactly does healthy scratching him do? I know he deserves it but NJD needs to extract value for him and it wont happen in the press box.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
That would have been the perfect time to play Smith, vs the Canucks who were on a back to back with their backup in net and playing in a different time zone.

Does NJD still care about winning at this point? They should be showcasing these guys to boost their value.

What exactly does healthy scratching him do? I know he deserves it but NJD needs to extract value for him and it wont happen in the press box.

NJD absolutely cares about winning, they aren't making the playoffs but, coaches want to keep their jobs as do players and giving up won't help you stay employed.
Maybe the Devils have long term plans that include Ty Smith

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS

Of course they are still trying to win. They have the youngest team in the league with a handful of top 10 picks already. Improvement of their players is worth way more than showcasing trade bait.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

smith was bad the last few games and the team might not be interested to trade him, yet. the healthy scratch could be a wake up call, which serves him and the team well for the future.

but you for sure know better.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
maybe they are playing 4D chess and didnt want the Canucks to get a close up look at how Ty Smith has been playing like poop.

Canucks playing 1D connect the dots by playing Boeser in an attempt to get the Devils to trade for him.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

That’s assuming NJ actually wants to trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad