GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Carolina Hurricanes: Niconight Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I still think he's out at least all this week and at the earliest playing a game next week (assuming he starts skating this week)

I have a feeling they'll really take it slow especially if we beat Columbus in regulation. They may start him skating next weekend and target March 1 for a return. Lack/Kinkaid should be able to get us 2-2 against Columbus/Minny/Isles/Pitt

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
When Outshooting Opponent 9-8-5 23 points
When Outshot by Opponent 19-10-3 41 points

I bet if you replaced"when outshot" with quality opponents and "when outshooting" with weak opponents the records stay close to the same.

thank you

people forget that a team like the devils kind of needs homer announcers, especially considering they're a small market team in a big market

Good point. Still amusing at times to listen to a guy paid to talk stumble over his words so much. He damn near killed himself in the post game tonight.

I often wonder what Dano is thinking when he is smiling at the camera while Steve is hacking up half the alphabet.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Good point. Still amusing at times to listen to a guy paid to talk stumble over his words so much. He damn near killed himself in the post game tonight.

I often wonder what Dano is thinking when he is smiling at the camera while Steve is hacking up half the alphabet.

oh please they're the perfect pair. i'm sure dano realizes he sounds silly on enough occasions to let steve off the hook, and as devils fans we all love it deep down :laugh:

Reactions: nugg

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
oh please they're the perfect pair. i'm sure dano realizes he sounds silly on enough occasions to let steve off the hook, and as devils fans we all love it deep down :laugh:

I know .I just find it funny when he stares and smiles as Steve is stumbling . They like each other which is the thing they have most in common with doc and Chico.

Who knows how critical they are off the air . Hell even Chico would get very honest once the season actually ended.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think there is nothing wrong with ribbing our broadcast crew. They make it easy to make fun of them, but I do think we can sometimes get carried about and get a bit mean spirited, so it is worth remembering they really are fans too. They didn’t have any fun last year just like we didn’t, and they are loving this.

Honestly listening to Chico talk about Nico or Bratt you would think they were his kids. He goes full proud papa.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
They are nice guys and at least try to be objective. They may not criticize the Devils enough and have plenty of issues but at least they aren't homers in the sense of always crying foul or not giving the other team credit for anything. I hate that.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I have a feeling they'll really take it slow especially if we beat Columbus in regulation. They may start him skating next weekend and target March 1 for a return. Lack/Kinkaid should be able to get us 2-2 against Columbus/Minny/Isles/Pitt
I agree, they'd be dumb to rush him back, esp if they keep up their level of play.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Maybe it's just me but it feels like the entire league is bad at defending a 6v5. Feels like they succeed far more than a standard power play and I don't know why.
I totally agree with this. It’s amazing to see teams able to pin another team in their zone in the final min trying to tie a game. Hell it happens when the team losing is on the pk and still the other team can’t clear the puck

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It was 100% me! Has Kaoss said he started them!?!? The nerve of that guy :sarcasm:

Where has Kaoss been, I miss him lol

I never claimed to start them haha. I just made alot of them :laugh:

If it was @Cheddabombs, then my bad.

But you're right that Kaoss did do some hilarious photoshops with Doge. :laugh:

It was indeed Chedda. but sometimes someone comes along and perfects the format :cool:

Kaoss made some really funny GDTs

thanks haha. I wish I had time to make more. ill find time to make at least one this season lol. I keep coming up with ideas randomly but never have time to actually make them

Ohhh that's him!? He lost his funny touch I see :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Aha!!

There you go @Bleedred

It's @SeidoN - The artist formerly known as Pri...err, KaossKing! :D

We need new Doge-themed GDT's, SeidoN!

Such GDT, very make, many return

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I never claimed to start them haha. I just made alot of them :laugh:

It was indeed Chedda. but sometimes someone comes along and perfects the format :cool:

thanks haha. I wish I had time to make more. ill find time to make at least one this season lol. I keep coming up with ideas randomly but never have time to actually make them

giphy.gif

Such GDT, very make, many return

Well find time! I am getting tired of having to save this damn season!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Devils probably should have lost both games this weekend & won them both.

I think the bad luck curse that had plagued this team since late December has finally been broken.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The Devils probably should have lost both games this weekend & won them both.

I think the bad luck curse that had plagued this team since late December has finally been broken.
Agreed. I think the Philly comeback was the tonic the team needed to get out of the prolonged funk. These last two games they look like the team from early in the season - not dominating possession but skating fast and killing the opposition on the rush/transition.

I’m thinking (hoping?) we secure hat first wild card spot. Which likely pits us against Washington or Pittsburgh. Really hoping Pitt doesn’t continue winning because I highly doubt the devils have any chance against them, whereas the capitals are playoff choke artists so I think with them we may have a shot.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Our announce crew is actually one of the better ones in the league - there are some really superb ones but ours is definitely above average. I don't mind poking fun and the occasional rib, but I think a lot of the bashing is unnecessary. Everyone screws up from time to time and I don't think it's fair to hold Steve to the same standard as Doc. Doc was exceptional and really one of a kind. Steve screws up occasionally but he's still a very good pxp guy.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Our announce crew is actually one of the better ones in the league - there are some really superb ones but ours is definitely above average. I don't mind poking fun and the occasional rib, but I think a lot of the bashing is unnecessary. Everyone screws up from time to time and I don't think it's fair to hold Steve to the same standard as Doc. Doc was exceptional and really one of a kind. Steve screws up occasionally but he's still a very good pxp guy.
I'd say last year it was middle of the road at best, but with the addition of Sal it's pushed them to the upper end of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad