New, improved coronavirus thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I thought it was common knowledge most pesticides aren't bad for you (they have to go through testing and if they were bad for you they wouldn't be allowed), that and GMO's. The GMO nonsense drives me wild. There is nothing wrong with GMO's.

I'm not sure there's nothing wrong with GMOs, but the 'consensus' opinion on them is dramatically misguided. There are flaws in the system, process. But not health risks.

Will always remember the interview "on the street" of a woman who said she didn't want genes in her tomatoes.

Fun fact for the day: In North America, Australia and Europe there are no commercially grown GMO varieties of wheat (there are research plots, but none of that makes it into your food). This makes the Triscuit ads pretty hilarious in that they are now part of the Non-GMO certification project. Got news for you, you can't buy a cracker in Canada that was made with GMO wheat because none are. The declaration is meaningless in terms of "facts and science".

If anyone wants me to go into a tl:dr description of the process of crop breeding and the differences in the processes between conventional and biotech breeding I'm up for it. :naughty::laugh::nod:

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
I like you both as posters a lot but don’t understand the obsession with Trump.
Our Prime Minister is 10x better looking but twice as dumb.
You guys buying what the W.H.O is selling?

My son had a party before the election. I asked the girls in my kitchen, why they are voting Liberal?
Legalized marijuana, and he's good looking with great hair.
It was very hard, not to throw them out of my house.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I like you both as posters a lot but don’t understand the obsession with Trump.
Our Prime Minister is 10x better looking but twice as dumb.
You guys buying what the W.H.O is selling?

hahaha just look at this frikkin tool! This is the dolt you are defending! OMG...I'm not a huge Trudeau fan but if you think Trump is a fundamentally smarter individual I don't know what to say. It's just a bizarre notion to me. He's a tool.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Why does that matter? He's the leader of the big dog down south. It's fascinating. I mean you don't care? Great...just because you aren't interested doesn't mean you have to take up the cause of defending the idiot. Nobody is forcing you to read stuff about him...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Why does that matter? He's the leader of the big dog down south. It's fascinating. I mean you don't care? Great...just because you aren't interested doesn't mean you have to take up the cause of defending the idiot. Nobody is forcing you to read stuff about him...
You aren’t part of the south though.
I don’t give a flying flip about Trump at all never have.
Question why do you all fixate on him?
Seriously tell us it’s a fascinating study in what exactly?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It's a fascinating study in watching what happens when a man with the mentality of a petulant 9 year old gets to run the most powerful nation on earth.

And besides, I don't think there was really much talk of trump at all today till you started calling him the smartest man in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad