Speculation: New GM: Darche or Madden Jr?

Who would you rather have as GM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Reading Daniel Briere is at the top of the list on a couple different sites... weird.

Think he’s the most “available”. Madden Jr and Darche are under NHL contracts and require permission to be spoken to. Briere is under contract as well, but Boston (I think) may be more willing to let them talk to Briere since he’s only managing an ECHL affiliate.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Madden Jr is too shy and reserved to be GM in Montreal. Should be more involved in the draft/development side.

Reactions: Disturbed1

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Madden. I'm interested in the talk around Briere though. Luongo too. I'm leaning against Roy.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
So, Roy is THE answer.

Disagree, here too. In the astute words of the President of the Federation, Laira Rillak, in a time of rebuilding, there is a very fine line between a pendulum and a wrecking ball (in this discussion's context, read Roy)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Disagree, here too. In the astute words of the President of the Federation, Laira Rillak, in a time of rebuilding, there is a very fine line between a pendulum and a wrecking ball (in this discussion's context, read Roy)
tenor.gif

:sarcasm:

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I hope whomever does get the job gets a chance to prove himself before getting crucified by some fans.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Madden Jr is too shy and reserved to be GM in Montreal. Should be more involved in the draft/development side.

That's my issue. I have seen him ever since his name came up and oh boy. That guy seems as bad as Gauthier to communicate. Imagine if he keeps DD as well. We would have years of that stuff. lol You need a commanding presence either for the press or meeting other GMs. That is why in my dream it would be Gorton-Roy-Madden. Gorton for the overall guidance and hockey-savy, Roy for trades and the face of the franchise and inspiration and Madden for the drafting. But Madden cannot leave the Ducks just to do the same job as he was doing for Ducks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Too soft to deal with other GMs and the tough negotiating required to succeed.

He could be seconded by someone who has complementary skills. However, we’re not in the interview room, we don’t know exactly what his career ambitions are. Maybe he just likes to mine for prospects and if that’s what it is, it’ll seal the issue.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
To me Bergevin valued chemistry, intangible and grinding over talent because he was that type of player.

Will Darche have the same kind of values because he was a grinder too?

I think Briere who was a talented player can recognize skilled player and try to assemble a talented team over a grinding team.

Does that make any sense?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Hockey has changed, especially due to the cap era. The new GM has to be a smart businessman and understand the hard side of the business of hockey as well just being a short term goal someone like MB who just patched teams together. At this point, I'll reserve my choice till I get a better knowledge of all choices.

Reactions: Hins77

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
That's my issue. I have seen him ever since his name came up and oh boy. That guy seems as bad as Gauthier to communicate. Imagine if he keeps DD as well. We would have years of that stuff. lol You need a commanding presence either for the press or meeting other GMs. That is why in my dream it would be Gorton-Roy-Madden. Gorton for the overall guidance and hockey-savy, Roy for trades and the face of the franchise and inspiration and Madden for the drafting. But Madden cannot leave the Ducks just to do the same job as he was doing for Ducks.
maybe for more money he does,specially if he values coming back home

my dream team would be

Gorton - GM

Briere - Ass GM ( handles press and gets mentored by Jeff )

Madden Jr ( director of scouting ) pay him more then ANA

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some people just suck at it. I mean look at Zuckerberg.

It’ll all come out in the wash. You could be right. We still haven’t cleared the hurdle of whether the Ducks will grant permission. I hope we can at least get an interview with him.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I'm prepared to come over from Russia and do the job for quarter the salary.

I'm also fat, so no one is going to complain about my muscular biceps.

Don't tell me you also think you would do a better job than the man in charge, things are not as simple as we think. I thought Russians were Orthodox and had the moral highground over us whiney westerners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad