Speculation: New GM: Darche or Madden Jr?

Who would you rather have as GM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Now that the dominoes are starting to fall and Molson stating the next GM will be French, it seems to me like the two most likely candidates will be Mathieu Darche and Martin Madden Jr. I know there's a thread with a huge list of candidates but wonder on these specific two.

1. Martin Madden who is currently the Assistant General Manager in Anaheim.

Madden was the Director of Amateur Scouting for the Ducks from 2008 until he was promoted to his current role in 2020. Under his direction, they were Stanley Cup contenders throughout the 2010s, despite losing both Pronger and Neidermeyer.

2. Mathieu Darche, a Montreal native, played college hockey at McGill. He is currently Director of Hockey Operations for the Tampa Bay Lightning so he has experience of how a Stanley Cup championship organization is run.

With Jeff Gorton as an experienced President of Hockey Ops, these less experienced candidates would have someone as a mentor, lessening the impact of one again hiring someone with no previous NHL GM experience.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Madden not even close , with all the stupid takes Darche on the Antichambre , I can't just trust him. He talks like a 4th line grinder mentality.
Yet Ducks owner isn’t even considering Madden Jr for Murray’s GM replacement..

FWIW - I suspect Timmins gets the boot & they roll that function into GM job and give it to Madden Jr.

It also tells me the future Habs GM will be a political role with very little actual gravitas / meaning.. the real power will lay with Gorton

Reactions: iamtalbot

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Madden not even close , with all the stupid takes Darche on the Antichambre , I can't just trust him. He talks like a 4th line grinder mentality.

For Real. I cannot believe he got ANY sort of diploma. One of the least interesting, least engaging guys I've ever seen on L'Antichambre. Everytime he was on, I changed the channel, he was so boring.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Yet Ducks owner isn’t even considering Madden Jr for Murray’s GM replacement..

FWIW - I suspect Timmins gets the boot & they roll that function into GM job and give it to Madden Jr.

It also tells me the future Habs GM will be a political role with very little actual gravitas / meaning.. the real power will lay with Gorton

Then again they kept Murray for all this time, the owner must not be the sharpest tool in the shed. lol

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Madden has been the assistant GM for the ducks for the last 2 years, and he was the ducks director of amateur scouting from 2008 to 2020.

Players the ducks drafted from 2008 to 2020:
Gardiner, Schultz, Palmieri, Vatanen, Fowler, Rakell, Gibson, William Karlsson, Manson, Lindholm, Frederik Anderson, Theodore, Ritchie, Montour, Terry, Comtois, Zegras, Drysdale, etc.
wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad