Player Discussion New Captain- Nick Suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Disagree. Drouin for captain would please media and politicians.
Joking and sarcasm again. To name a player captain, that player unpopular and with history of mental issue. Are you sadistic or dummy? To please 3 or 4 guys from the medias and 3 to 4 politicians, are you kidding?
Even the medias guys and politicians wouldn't be agree if they know the history of Jo Drouin. You're assuming they are blind and stupid, not able to see shades of grey. It's not like there was a Martin St-Louis in his prime, Jean Béliveau or Mario Lemieux. Even Guy Lafleur wasn't mentioned to become the captain in his prime. It's a matter of personality, not just being a good player.

But I waste my time, you will never understand. I'm posting like a stupid dude things that are so obvious. You got me in your trap, your troll little game. I made your day, enjoy your fun. Bye-bye !!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I speak French Kiss... If I was a Habs Hockey player does it count as the first Quebec language?!?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Because :

1. Learning a new language is not that hard if you put some effort despite what people might think.
2. Lot of fans use this language as their primary one.
3. Speaking more than one language is a good thing despite what many English people in North America think. I speak French and English and i would like to learn Spanish. If i would spend more time in Spanish countries i would certainly learn it very quickly.

You don't have to speak it perfectly. If people laugh at you then just tell them to go **** themselves.

people in the medias cater to a french speaking audience, why would they bother learning english ?

I mean, Renaud Lavoie (and others) speak shitty english, if any, and they're not going to lose their job because of it.
They should speak better English though. If i was one of them i would take some classes. I mean if it's part of your job to interview nhl players then you should make sure you can speak proper English when needed.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
To be fair if you are gonna live in Quebec for 8+ years learning French is prbly a good idea anyway.

To be fair, Quebec is a depressing province to live in.

Better off ask for a trade if i were him or ask for a raise since he's gotta speak 2 languages? double the job double the pay.

Reactions: cphabs

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine

Because people will treat you better. Because you have less chances of getting Alzeimer when you're 80. Because you will understand English better hence yourself through another language. Because you can run for PM. Because it's fun. Ultimatly, because it will make Suzuki's life much easier, only requiring a small effort. Those reasons are just the ones on top of my head. He doesn't even have to be good, just being able to express himself without even understanding what his interlocutor is saying would be a game changer for his public relations. And it's not just Québec, it's the same everywhere, you get a different response, it's like owning a key to their heart, I'm trilingual and I can tell you people treated me better in latin america when I spoke spanish, as flawed as it were.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
French is very complicated and almost useless as soon as you exit Quebec. Even living in Quebec you can not speak a word of French and be fine.

To become fluent in French it's complicated but conversationaly proficient isn't too bad.

Every member of my family from Quebec all speak French and said speaking it made their lives a lot easier vs not. And none of that side of my family were French. Weirdly enough my Ontario side is the French one.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
French is very complicated and almost useless as soon as you exit Quebec. Even living in Quebec you can not speak a word of French and be fine.
Oh come on !! French is not that hard to learn. English is filled with french words, they just pronounce differently.
Table, chair, beef, salt, pepper, poultry, attention, precaution, advantage, souvenir, touch, situation, roll, messiah, divinity, etc. They all translate almost exactly the same in french. Another word that is the same in english and french = ignorant.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
To become fluent in French it's complicated but conversationaly proficient isn't too bad.

Every member of my family from Quebec all speak French and said speaking it made their lives a lot easier vs not. And none of that side of my family were French. Weirdly enough my Ontario side is the French one.
I have family in USA and we do a family party in quebec every few years and a husband of one of my cousin speak relatively good french by just going to those parties once upon a while. He is very proud of it too. It's not that hard. Obviously he mixes genders all the time but who cares ...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
To be fair, Quebec is a depressing province to live in.

Better off ask for a trade if i were him or ask for a raise since he's gotta speak 2 languages? double the job double the pay.
Depressing for you? Do you live there? Depressing how?

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Takes no more than one post to show how little one knows about the world outside mom's basement.

to Quebec, you can add, France, Belgium, Switzerland, small parts of Romania, Haiti, Congo, Tunisia, Algeria, Maroc, the Caribeans, and small parts in most other African countries.

and even in Quebec, Montreal is probably the only place you can enjoy life without knowing a word of french,
Sure thing agreed. I’m talking about North America, I should have been specific. You don’t need French outside of Quebec in North America.

This whole having to speak French thing when you’re the Captain is outdated and has never worked in the recent past anyways. Koivu, Gionta, Weber..

Reactions: Canad13ns

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Takes no more than one post to show how little one knows about the world outside mom's basement.

to Quebec, you can add, France, Belgium, Switzerland, small parts of Romania, Haiti, Congo, Tunisia, Algeria, Maroc, the Caribeans, and small parts in most other African countries.

and even in Quebec, Montreal is probably the only place you can enjoy life without knowing a word of french,
You forgot Vietnam. Even in Montreal, east of St Denis you can be served in english but do you enjoy living with people? Living in mom's basement away from the whole world is eazy and lazy.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Im not talking about the environment, im talking about the dynamics of the province, the gouv, taxes..the whole shabang
I disagree. Depressing for you but not for me and a lot of quebecers. We have fun, we make jokes all the time and we talk to strangers easylly. Go check the crime rate across the provinces and Quebec is one of the safest place.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Is there many French fan forums for the French habs fans ? I tried to learn French in grade 7 here in Saskatchewan but it was too late for me , I had no interest. My nieces daughters go to French immersion school , it’s amazing how much French they know at age 6 and 7.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I disagree. Depressing for you but not for me and a lot of quebecers. We have fun, we make jokes all the time and we talk to strangers easylly. Go check the crime rate across the provinces and Quebec is one of the safest place.

well montreal then. i know outside of montreal the people are alot more fun, things are affordable etc

but for a stranger having to live in mtl its depressing

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Is there many French fan forums for the French habs fans ? I tried to learn French in grade 7 here in Saskatchewan but it was too late for me , I had no interest. My nieces daughters go to French immersion school , it’s amazing how much French they know at age 6 and 7.
My wife and I decided early that my daughter go to a French immersion school. At 12 years old, she's fluent in both English and French. My wife is Russian, so my daughter is also learning that as well. It's amazing how quickly, and naturally she's picked up each of the languages. She's now looking into learning Japanese. I can only imagine how helpful this will be in her future endeavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad