Player Discussion New Captain- Nick Suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A smart young man very cognizant of the culture he is in and I predict he will be able to speak French in the future. It seems to matter to him.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Former Habs captains who never did: Mike Keane, Shea Weber.
Screenshot_20220913-172018_Samsung Internet.jpg

Don't forget cancel culture is in full effect these days.

• Haha
Reactions: Sagikev

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Like about half the planet, poor guy.
Half the planet learns more than one language either organically or out of necessity.

I really don't understand the obsession with trying to turn non francophone players into francophones.

Lol…they are already trying to make him look like a fool. Give the kid a break
While it seems like a softball question for most of us we have to remember Suzuki is 20 years younger than I am, at least, and didn't grow up as a Habs fan.

It would be like asking me to recognize a player who played in the 50s for the Leafs.

Reactions: the

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Half the planet learns more than one language either organically or out of necessity.

I really don't understand the obsession with trying to turn non francophone players into francophones.

While it seems like a softball question for most of us we have to remember Suzuki is 20 years younger than I am, at least, and didn't grow up as a Habs fan.

It would be like asking me to recognize a player who played in the 50s for the Leafs.
Yeah but with everything surrounding Guy's passing he should've gotten the question easily. I guess I could chalk it up to being nervous on live TV.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Like about half the planet, poor guy.
And quite a few players in the NHL

For Koivu it was obviously complicated being Finish and having to learn English and French but it shouldn't cause too much of a problem for a smart Canadian kid to speak a bit of French before the end of his long contract.

Suzuki said he had a base already as should be the case for most kids who grew up in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad