[NEW]2023-24 NCAA Division I Hockey Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I’m doing TSN+ streaming.
I think the Frozen Four should be on regular TSN

People complain that the U-Cup is not on TSN. I don't think the Frozen Four would be watched by many in Canada. TSN usually does one semi and the final.

TSN does NFL and other US sports because they can make money.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, the lack of an underdog is kind of boring for this frozen four.

Either a tiebreaker between the most winningest programs will change or a tiebreaker between the fifth winningest programs will change (and establishing a new tie for fourth winningest program).

The rich get richer.

Reactions: AUS Fan

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Reactions: Rob

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Filling the DI men's national championship tourney scheduling gap ...

• USCHO: A first look at the 2024 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four: Boston College, Boston University, Denver, Michigan

• MSN/Detroit Free Press: Michigan hockey enters third straight Frozen Four with 'nothing to lose,' but a point to prove

• MSN/Boston Herald: BU coach Jay Pandolfo knows his way around the Frozen Four

• Denver Gazette: How the Denver Pioneers' Frozen Four history stacks up nationally

Ed. Note: Odd how Boston College gets so little attention from main stream sports media sources. :dunno:

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Filling the DI men's national championship tourney scheduling gap ...

• USCHO: A first look at the 2024 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four: Boston College, Boston University, Denver, Michigan

• MSN/Detroit Free Press: Michigan hockey enters third straight Frozen Four with 'nothing to lose,' but a point to prove

• MSN/Boston Herald: BU coach Jay Pandolfo knows his way around the Frozen Four

• Denver Gazette: How the Denver Pioneers' Frozen Four history stacks up nationally

Ed. Note: Odd how Boston College gets so little attention from main stream sports media sources. :dunno:

BC gets no love because they're at the end of the Green Line.

• Love
Reactions: swoopster and JMCx4

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Having grown up in Boston and played hockey there, the city is strange when it comes to college sports. It IS a pro sport town, the city never really gets behind its NCAA programs. The fan base is mainly students and alumni of each of the 4 schools. The Beanpot gets more of the average hockey fan, but that tourney is heavily based in tradition.

BTW BC, BU and Northeastern are all on sections of the greenline, BC and BU on the same line. Harvard on the Red line.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... BTW BC, BU and Northeastern are all on sections of the greenline, BC and BU on the same line. Harvard on the Red line.
My wife & I walked to the Terriers' home game that we attended back in 2013, turning my wife into a college hockey fan as soon as the band started playing. So it seems we missed the opportunity to absorb The T Traditions. 🚦

Reactions: Hogan20

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
2024 Hobey Baker Finalists were announced last week ...
HatTrickFinalists_2024_FB-1200x462.jpg

2024 Hobey Baker Memorial Award Hat Trick Announced

The Hobey Baker Memorial Award Committee is pleased to announce the three Hobey Baker Hat Trick finalists for the 2024 award, honoring college hockey’s top player. Alphabetically, they are: Jackson Blake, a sophomore forward from the University of North Dakota; Macklin Celebrini, a freshman forward from Boston University; and Cutter Gauthier, a sophomore forward from Boston College. This year’s Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced Friday, April 12, 2024 live on NHL Network beginning at 6:00pm ET. ...

Read more at: https://hobeybaker.com/2024/04/04/2024-hobey-baker-memorial-award-hat-trick-announced/

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and Rob

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Has there been any rumblings in the BU world if Jay Pandolfo would be interested in listening to an NHL HC job?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
FloHockey's Chris Peters offers his DI men's Frozen Four Semifinals previews. They're only a day away ...

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Good - and smart - for him.
Another year to get stronger and increase his chances of having a successful NHL career...seems too many players chase the money and few realize how much of a Meat market the the NHL is...and sometimes agents don't have the best interest of the player in mind

Frozen Four game chat underway in THIS THREAD.
Any idea who's streaming this game for Free?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad