Rumor: New “C” coming soon

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The san jose sharks are proud to announce the new captain for the 2019-20 season. This player has given everything he has into the organization and fans alike. It will also be his 2nd time donning the C in teal.

Please welcome to the podium number 12 patrick marleau.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
I know most everyone expects this anyways, but I think if it is being announced early like this, and not waiting until the start of the season, it is even more certain to be Couture.

The reason to name it early is to have a stable environment for the rookies that will be fighting for opening day spots, which would also mean you want a guy who came up through the Sharks development system, which would mean not EK or Thornton.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
SharkLetters.png

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I have a feeling Erik gets an 'A' this season.

Traditionally how many A's are handed out? Also, can't there be different sets of A's for the road vs home?

You can have 2 per game, but I don't know if there's an upper limit of how many guys can have the right to wear it over the course of the season. Usually don't see more than 4 though (usually as a home and away set)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
You can have 2 per game, but I don't know if there's an upper limit of how many guys can have the right to wear it over the course of the season. Usually don't see more than 4 though (usually as a home and away set)
Ah ok.

Couture
Burns
Vlasic
Erik
Jumbo

Guessing Couture gets the 'C' and the rest can be A's.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I have a feeling Erik gets an 'A' this season.

Traditionally how many A's are handed out? Also, can't there be different sets of A's for the road vs home?

In each game, you can have ONE captain and two assistants (or three assistants).

Sharks have been, in the past few seasons, having just 1C, 2A. But if one of the guys is out (injured, or whatever), someone else has worn an A.

Sharks at one point had a monthly rotation of the captaincy.

If you're really curious, check out the Roster (officially titled "Club Playing Roster") for each game. The players wearing the letters are identified.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Id like to see them go to 4 A's, rotating home and away, just to recognize the amount of veteran leadership on this team, but who knows. Couture is going to have big shoes to fill with Pavelski leaving, but I think he'll be a good Cap.

C: Couture
A's: Vlasic and Hertl at Home, Karlsson and Jumbo on the Road.

Just a pipedream, but I think Hertl is a real leader on this team too.

Reactions: SharksFan1

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
I don't think Jumbo needs a letter, as he is kinda beyond it. He already has the respect from around the league, except for whoever makes the top 100 lists and such. Likely Coture, Burns, Karlsson, then two of remaining group: Hertl, Vlasic, Timo, Kane(to a lesser degree).

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I feel like burns gets it. You can't give it to juicy because he plays better when he feels slighted.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In each game, you can have ONE captain and two assistants (or three assistants).

Sharks have been, in the past few seasons, having just 1C, 2A. But if one of the guys is out (injured, or whatever), someone else has worn an A.

Sharks at one point had a monthly rotation of the captaincy.

If you're really curious, check out the Roster (officially titled "Club Playing Roster") for each game. The players wearing the letters are identified.

ALTERNATE Captain. Not "assistant." Never "assistant."

Section 2, Rule 6.2

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I don't think Jumbo needs a letter, as he is kinda beyond it. He already has the respect from around the league, except for whoever makes the top 100 lists and such. Likely Coture, Burns, Karlsson, then two of remaining group: Hertl, Vlasic, Timo, Kane(to a lesser degree).

Jumbo likes being the one to talk to the ref's, but as much as I love him it's probably time for him to take a back seat on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad