Line Combos: Need New Lines ASAP

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Maybe you switch Stepan and Richards. I wouldn't go overboard, the Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccs line has good chemistry.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think nash needs to move back to his strong side.

2 options.

1, switch the 2 of them up.

MSL - Stepan - Nash

or 2.

MSL - Stepan - Miller
Hagelin - Richards - Nash

or, if Kreider can somehow miraculously play...

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Ricahrds - MSL???

the real problem here is that mSL and Nash are clearly both better on the right side.

rangers5000

Apr 30, 2012
they need to split st louis and nash up imo
its not working and both are stronger on the right side
one has to go with richards

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Hags-Step-Nash - Worked really well in the past

Brad-Miller-MSL - Brad played well at the wing earlier in the season, maybe can try that again and see if he can connect with his old buddie. Miller just needs to play really simple and try to win some FOs if he can't just slash Malkin and Crosby every chance he got at the dot. If AV don't trust JT I guess you can put Dom here.

Poo-Brassard-Zucc - No need to break this line up

Carcillo-Boyle-Moore - **** Dorsett I've had enough

KreiMeARiver*

Need Dorsett off this team.

But I forgot, he's better than Carcillo. Riiight.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
they need to split st louis and nash up imo
its not working and both are stronger on the right side
one has to go with richards

I agree. I put in the Post Game Thread:

Hagelin Stepan Nash
Carcillo Richards MSL

Leave the other two lines the same. I also think Diaz should be playing.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I also want Diaz in the line up but who's gonna sit? I guess that would be Klein but I really think he has been solid and the only defensmen who's currently under performing is McD and Girardi but none of those is gonna sit unless they really can't play.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Im not sure how much changing the lines will help.

I dont think theres enough players on the team committed to retrieving the puck and going into the dirty areas to do it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
You could try moving Nash down to play with Richards and Hagelin in an attempt to get him away from Martin, but I don't think shuffling the lines around will compensate for the fact that the team looks exhausted, and that the PP is a joke. Those were the major factors last night, and likely will be again tonight.

Unfortunately our "fresh legs" are, for the most part, not viable NHLers at this point.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hags-Step-Zooks
Pou-Brass-MSL
JT-Richards-Nash

JT Miller can go get ****ed right now. How many times do we need to insert him into the lineup and see he's not working, only to pull him out again? Seriously? It's getting old.

Also not a fan of breaking up the Brassard line. We need to find a way to get Nash back on RW. Not having Kreider right now is having such an underrated giant butterfly effect on this team.

Before Kreider:

Pouliot - Brassard - Zucc
Carcillo - Richie - MSL
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
DD - Moore - Boyle

After Kreider:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richie - MSL
DD/Carcillo - Moore - Boyle

(Not going to turn this thread into a DD v. Carbomb discussion. Put whoever in there your heart desires).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I want this:

Hagelin-Stepan-St. Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Fast/Miller-Richards-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Diaz-Klein

No more Dorsett please! We need Diaz for the PP and I think both Fast and Miller will do just fine compared to what we have now

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The Pou-Brass-Zucc line had their worst game of the playoffs and possibly the year last night. I still wouldn't break them up since they're the most consistent line overall offensively.

KreiMeARiver*

The Pou-Brass-Zucc line had their worst game of the playoffs and possibly the year last night. I still wouldn't break them up since they're the most consistent line overall offensively.

obviously... you aren't gonna break up your best line over one bad game.

The other pack of garbage + St. Louis needs to get broken up.

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
put Carcillo on the power play since he's apparently the only guy who can go to the net and bury the puck :dunno:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
JT Miller can go get ****ed right now. How many times do we need to insert him into the lineup and see he's not working, only to pull him out again? Seriously? It's getting old.

Also not a fan of breaking up the Brassard line. We need to find a way to get Nash back on RW. Not having Kreider right now is having such an underrated giant butterfly effect on this team.

Before Kreider:

Carcillo - Richie - MSL
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
DD - Moore - Boyle

After Kreider:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richie - MSL
DD/Carcillo - Moore - Boyle

(Not going to turn this thread into a DD v. Carbomb discussion. Put whoever in there your heart desires).

JT has like 2 points in 2 games for a team that has scoring issues. He also brings younger fresher legs. You thought he played badly in the playoff games he was in?

Kreider-Step-Zooks was a very good line for many games. Zooks plays well with both Step and Hag. My lines did get Nash back on the RW.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
How about keeping everything as it is and swapping Zucc for MSL if we're that desperate. And let Zucc stay on the right wing

GarretJoseph*

Without CK

Pouliot - Brass - Zuccs
St Louis - Richards - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Miller
Carcillo - Moore - Boyle

When Kreider comes back for our series against Boston...

KREIDER - STEPAN - NASH
POULIOT - BRASSARD - ZUCCS
HAGELIN - RICHARDS - ST LOUIS
CARCILLO - MOORE - BOYLE

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
JT has like 2 points in 2 games for a team that has scoring issues. He also brings younger fresher legs. You thought he played badly in the playoff games he was in?

Kreider-Step-Zooks was a very good line for many games. Zooks plays well with both Step and Hag. My lines did get Nash back on the RW.

He had a secondary assist, and I'm pretty sure his primary assist on the Richards goal wasn't a pass, but either a rebound off his shot, or it just hit off him. So let's take it easy there.

I think JT continues to make questionable decisions with the puck in every zone. I think his speed is overstated. I think his two-way game is overstated. I do not think he is ready. When the game is close in the third period, I don't want JT Miller on the ice in any zone. Not yet.

On your second point, I hesitate to breakup the Poo-Brass-Zucc line. That's a Tortorella "rob Peter to pay Paul" kind of move as he used to say. They are the only line that has really shown any consistent cohesion between our units. I think it would be wise to keep them together at ES, but possibly break them apart on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad