GDT: necas scores two goals as hurricanes win in edmonton gdt

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Only caught the highlights but that's the Jordan Staal we've all been waiting on. If he keeps that up I'll completely retract every negative thing I ever said about his weird co-captaincy. Don't think I saw Skinner at all on the highlights package, how did the Skinner-Rask-Ryan line look?

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
that`s a good win for us. We were not playing good, but we found a way to win

Oilers played like us for last few seasons, many shots from all over the place, but only few were really dangerous and Ward gave us few good saves

But Staal and Slavin both were incredible, plus Turbo with a good timing to score, this is why we won

Just don`t start Ward now all the time, I didn`t feel safe when watching this game at all
But Ward could be excellent backup, he was good tonight

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I'm so very happy that the hockey gods and maybe even real God have blessed us with Jaccob Slavin.
Also, it's nice to be on the other side of a game like this. Is this a sign things might be moving in the right direction?
I don`t even believe God, but I will thank him if we can win games like this

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Let's hope Peters remembers Ward is the backup, but outstanding game from him.

Slavin, is he worth marner yet?

TT with two huge goals early, hope it boosts his confidence and he can get going like he did in preseason.

Necas needs to go back to Czech if he's only going to play 6 minutes.

Ugly win is two points!!!

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath

Oh wow

QosUkZu.gif

What a feeling

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
FANTASY TALK:

Hey guys,

I am thinking of picking up one of Ward or Darling in my fantasy league.

Who should I go with?

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Skinner line felt invisible last night. Rask played a "little" better but Skins was nowhere to be seen. Necas looked "ok" in his NHL debut but it was short and irrelevant. Jooris had some jump, too. Carrick? Meh.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Rask looked less terrible but was mostly invisible. I thought Skinner played well aside from not getting involved in the scoring. They were definitely keying on him with matchups and checking him tight. He gave as good as he got. He even threw a badass hip check and crushed somebody into the boards. Ryan is whatever...he's not gonna hurt you but if Stempniak was available he'd be the better choice to play. I thought Necas looked pretty good and not intimidated by the speed or physicality. He held his own.

Lindy really had an excellent game. He was the best forward on the ice last night other than Staal. Being paired with Jordan has really brought his game to the next level, he is an impressive all-around player.

Carrick wasn't too bad, he's nowhere near as good as Fleury and will never be but he made some good decisions with the puck and didn't let himself get run. It beats the hell out of watching Dahlbeck flub everything.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
These games on the west coast kill me. I'm at work and I can not keep my eyes open, but at least this time it was worth it!

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
One game though. Do you think Ward will get the majority of the starts for the rest of the season?

Ward has not been a viable NHL or Fantasy goalie for almost a decade. He's not starting now, as a backup, at 33 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad