GDT: necas scores two goals as hurricanes win in edmonton gdt

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
One game though. Do you think Ward will get the majority of the starts for the rest of the season?

Almost certainly he will, run don't walk to your waiver wire and scoop him up before anybody else does

#hottaek

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Not sure if this is sarcasm.

Ward should be the backup. Darling is the starter. If you want a 'Canes goalie, take Darling. The joke is that Peters will use Ward's good start last night to justify renaming him the starter, which none of us want.

And fantasy questions go in the sticky thread.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Not sure if this is sarcasm.

First-all-Cory-Matthews-just-cutest.gif

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He's 6 foot tall and has a median save percentage of, like. .908 for the last decade, in a league where everyone is now way bigger and way better. He's an anachronism. Everyone is trolling you.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
The difference in degree of difficulty for Ward vs. Darling based on Darling's size is crazy. Being a smaller goalie just asks too much now that being 6'6 230 is on the table.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm so very happy that the hockey gods and maybe even real God have blessed us with Jaccob Slavin.
Also, it's nice to be on the other side of a game like this. Is this a sign things might be moving in the right direction?

Speaking of God, it is clear that divine intervention was in action last night. So to whoever went to church, or temple or whatever, and prayed for this team, thanks.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Yes, Darling is one of the largest in captivity...the team made a financial commitment to him and hopes he takes the reigns and play well...he is being given the opportunity by the coaching staff starting 3 of the first 4 games...but now the trade, the contract, the BBQ interview, the starting pole position...they are all behind...he needs to perform.

Looking forward to see if new, giant, uber soldat Darling will outperform the antiquated pumpkin Sham Ward.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Are you guys looking for something that isn't there with Necas? Having one sustained O-zone cycle that led to nothing doesn't indicate he "looked good". I'm pretty sure he turned the puck over every single time he took any contact (and even times when he took none). He's going to be good, but he is not an NHLer. If you want to chalk it up to first game jitters, fine, give him another then send him home.

And no comments on Forslund's "good counting Tripp... did you count by 1s or 2s?" Got a hearty chuckle out of that exchange.

I'm also debating if I should deduct a point for Tripp advocating calling that timeout, then catching himself. I had the counter at 4 coming into this game.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Re: Necas, I saw a guy who looked like he has the speed/skill level and presence. I know he got knocked off the puck easily and it's obvious he would be ill-prepared for a really physical game. Looked gangly. He needs to eat some steaks and hit the weight room clearly. I just tend to not point out negative things too much because Idk, who has time for that.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Re: Necas, I saw a guy who looked like he has the speed/skill level and presence. I know he got knocked off the puck easily and it's obvious he would be ill-prepared for a really physical game. Looked gangly. He needs to eat some steaks and hit the weight room clearly. I just tend to not point out negative things too much because Idk, who has time for that.

this lackadaisical attitude is why this team is suck

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Are you guys looking for something that isn't there with Necas? Having one sustained O-zone cycle that led to nothing doesn't indicate he "looked good".

Yes, he's had very little production: last night and in the preseason. But what I see when he's in the middle is a guy who sees the ice and makes very good decisions with the puck. He had two feeds to Aho last night in the slot for one-timers that Aho just plain wiffed on. I don't hold the lack of points on those plays as some indication that Necas didn't do everything right, Aho just screwed up his shot. Same thing ocured multiple times in preseason...his first game he made great passes to PDG for prime chances that PDG just couldn't finish on. Sure, Necas needs to get bigger and stronger to be more effective, but if we had an opening in the center, he can play it now.

Reactions: HankAnger

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Necas did set up Aho for a one-timer on an open net. So yes, there's good stuff there. But he's just a featherweight. Let the kid fill out in Brno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->