NCAA Tournament brackets and schedule

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Umass Lowell looks excellent. Hellebyuck's playing unbelievable and they do a great job shot blocking.

I'd love to see them matchup with Quinnipac.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
I want to see a Quinnipiac-Yale final, personally. The schools are about 10 miles/20 minutes apart. Could potentially be a great rivalry game in the final.

Quinnipiac-UMLowell is probably the best match up though.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
WCHA sure is coming up lame

The way the WCHA teams were seeded, guaranteed that at least half of them would be eliminated. Either they lost to teams from other conferences or they would lose to the other WCHA teams since 6 of them were placed in 3 four team brackets and only one team can advance from each.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Gotta pull for a St. Cloud- Lowell matchup. Hopefully the Frozen Four has more excitement than the regionals provided. 2 close games basically that game down to the wire and other than that not much.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Think I'll be pulling for a St. Cloud State vs Yale final, though just nice thinking that regardless of what happens, it'll be a first time champion winning it all.

Guess that's the good thing about NCAA hockey..... as my hometown school of Illinois doesn't have a team and neither does my division III alma mater, I've got no horses in the race, so games are just enjoyable so long as Michigan and Notre Dame don't win.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Think I'll be pulling for a St. Cloud State vs Yale final, though just nice thinking that regardless of what happens, it'll be a first time champion winning it all.

Guess that's the good thing about NCAA hockey..... as my hometown school of Illinois doesn't have a team and neither does my division III alma mater, I've got no horses in the race, so games are just enjoyable so long as Michigan and Notre Dame don't win.
Hoping the Huskies win it for the WCHA as we know it for 2 more weeks. Now if it was Minnesota in there instead then I'd be pulling for the other 3 teams.:D

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
Let's go QU! Being a student there, I couldn't be more proud of what they accomplished this season. Gotta love a small school making some noise.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
I want to see a Quinnipiac-Yale final, personally. The schools are about 10 miles/20 minutes apart. Could potentially be a great rivalry game in the final.

Quinnipiac-UMLowell is probably the best match up though.

My guess is this is the final. If so, have they played each other this year?
Quinnipiac gave it to a very good Union team, that's after Union destroyed defending champs BC.
Back to back games can take a lot of jump away, maybe that's hurt Union?
Q They must have a heck of a hockey team!

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
My guess is this is the final. If so, have they played each other this year?
Quinnipiac gave it to a very good Union team, that's after Union destroyed defending champs BC.
Back to back games can take a lot of jump away, maybe that's hurt Union?
Q They must have a heck of a hockey team!

Yale is our biggest rival and there has been three games between Quinnipiac and Yale this year. QU won all three, including the consolation game at the ECAC tournament. The scores were 6-2, 4-1, and 3-0

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The way the WCHA teams were seeded, guaranteed that at least half of them would be eliminated. Either they lost to teams from other conferences or they would lose to the other WCHA teams since 6 of them were placed in 3 four team brackets and only one team can advance from each.

We'd have more of a gripe about this if anyone aside from St. Cloud was taking care of business. ECAC and HEA got screwed more with the second round Quinnipiac/Union game and Lowell/New Hampsha. WCHA didn't play well enough to have to eliminate each other.

On another note; this long layoff sucks for every team. all of them had a good head of steam coming into the FF. It took Quinnipiac a bit to wake up against Canisius before they steamrolled a very good Union team. I feel like the layoff screws Yale the most because they caught fire ala RIT and Bemidji did for their FF runs.

Best of luck to all teams still standing, but bestest of luck to St. Cloud!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad