NBC TV Ratings So Far

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
only a complete moron would watch NBA playoff instead of NHL playoffs........ btw, can't believe they are being played at the same time. i remember there once was a 14 days to a month difference..... anyone know why they now start at the same time.... seems idiotic

Last edited:

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
only a complete moron would watch NBA playoff instead of NHL playoffs........ btw, can't believe they are being played at the same time. i remember there once was a 14 to a month difference..... anyone know why they now start at the same time.... seems idiotic

Mostly 7 days difference. A month difference lol

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
only a complete moron would watch NBA playoff instead of NHL playoffs........ btw, can't believe they are being played at the same time. i remember there once was a 14 to a month difference..... anyone know why they now start at the same time.... seems idiotic
Americans will always choose to watch NBA and NFL over the NHL. I think it's beneficial for the NHL to start their regular season in September as opposed to October. The number of exhibition games should also be reduced to like 3-5 games. With just a simple change the NHL playoffs would start a month before NBA and viewer ratings would increase a shit ton. Just my opinion.

But in regards to your question about why they start at the same time - it's because both regular seasons start pretty much same time and they both have 82 regular season games. NBA loves advertising for their x-mas games as well so I don't see them changing anything about their schedule.

Reactions: CrypTic and Aerrol

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

They do draw 5x the audience. There's either a lot of morons or we may be missing something....

same crap over and over.... with the same teams no less !

only drama there is when the players are cheating on their baby mama's, and it gets caught on camera.

yes, i visit TMZ daily

Good amount of subtext and undertones in this post...

Agreed. The NBA is ****ing brutal.

Why is that, exactly?

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Surprised with Boston at 4...could be a lot of their fans are tuning in to the NESN broadcast w/ Edwards?

Sorry to break your bubble but those Providence numbers can be combined at 99.9% rate with Boston numbers to get Bruins fans watching games...which would put them at 2nd.

Fwiw you could also combine Ft. Myers and Tampa numbers.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Sorry to break your bubble but those Providence numbers can be combined at 99.9% rate with Boston numbers to get Bruins fans watching games...which would put them at 2nd.

Fwiw you could also combine Ft. Myers and Tampa numbers.
That's not how this works. The ratings are a percentage. Combining Boston and Providence would lower Boston's ratings.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

only drama there is when the players are cheating on their baby mama's, and it gets caught on camera.

yes, i visit TMZ daily
Not the NBA, but I'd like to thank my wife and my girlfriend.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
No clue why Detroit is called hockey town. Buffalo is the real hockey town of America. They always have great ratings in the playoffs even if the Sabres suck.
Not much sports other than football and hockey in buffalo. Those two barely intersect.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

member 147413

yes, i visit TMZ daily
I laughed but basketball is a very entertaining sport and has some of the absolute best athletes in the world. I dislike the extremely egocentric attitudes, but I only watch the games.

Also Raps are winning it this year and are led by DeRozan, one of the most down to earth players in the league. So a bit of different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad