OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The Knicks couldn't go wrong with either. KD is a gamebreaking player that all 30 teams in the league should want. Russ is nearing that category with his insane play over the past couple of years and the Knicks could use a PG with his skill set (he's pretty much good at everything except efficient shooting) in the triangle.

Of course, they're not gonna either. :laugh:

edit- some more Knicks stuff, since this thread is usually dead: i'm glad to see Derrick Williams and O'Quinn get back into the rotation and play well. D-Will has looked like he did in the preseason, and if he can do it for a whole season he's a pretty elite bench player. O'Quinn is great and I think he can be a good starter if everyone else is triangling well.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
if we could sign westbrook or durant id rather have westbrook. not sure how durant, melo, zinger coexist and hes had foot problems. westbrook is amazing too and id love a top flight point guard.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You take an elite PG over just about anyone.

Knicks have a chance at Westbrook. I think KD goes to Washington.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Big win by the Knicks. They looked excellent until they tried Meloball, and the defensive intensity was there all game. Kristaps is a monster.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Kristap just misses what would've been a monster dunk-- deja vu from a couple of games ago. Sandwiched the miss between two nasty rejections.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Knicks playing great ball right now on Westbrook do we really have a shot and when is he a FA all the talk has been about KD this year I had no idea Westbrook was coming up on being a FA

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
That was downright heartbreaking. This is why we'll never win with players like Carmelo and Calderon. There was absolutely no reason to do that. ****ing *******s.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
That was downright heartbreaking. This is why we'll never win with players like Carmelo and Calderon. There was absolutely no reason to do that. ****ing *******s.

What? The Spurs are a dynasty and the current Knicks have only been playing together for almost half a season. Melo had an off-game (only really an off-first half) but he's been playing so fantastically this season you can overlook one bad game.

Last edited:

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
What? The Spurs are a dynasty and the current Knicks have only been playing together for almost half a season. Melo had an off-game (only really an off-first half) but he's been playing so fantastically this season you can overlook one bad game.

Fantastically? What team are you watching? He's been awful until the last 2 weeks or so.

As far as dynasty it doesn't matter, that last play was vintage Carmelo make something way more difficult than it should and then passes to the worst guy to take the shot. Continues to ignore Porzingis in big spots. I can think of 3 games this year that ended the same way. If you are happy with that that is the kind of loser mentality the Knicks believe in so I don't blame you its what they sell on MSG.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Fantastically? What team are you watching? He's been awful until the last 2 weeks or so.

As far as dynasty it doesn't matter, that last play was vintage Carmelo make something way more difficult than it should and then passes to the worst guy to take the shot. Continues to ignore Porzingis in big spots. I can think of 3 games this year that ended the same way. If you are happy with that that is the kind of loser mentality the Knicks believe in so I don't blame you its what they sell on MSG.

Ehhh, no. He had a rough shooting start to the season and his percentages are still down, but he's having a career year defensively, where he ranks among the elite, assist-wise ( his assist percentage has always been underrated) and rebounds. At his best this season he's a triple double threat. It seems every few games he's flirting with a triple double.

Another great game from him (and Kristaps) tonight. If you're still harping on his "loser" mentality when it's so painfully clear he's playing a complete team-oriented game then I guess you'll just never like the guy. He won my respect playing with a ****ed up shoulder in the POs when the team won 50 games, and he has kept it this season with his evolution into complete player and team leader.

edit- also, worst guy to take the shot? Carmelo passed the ball to a guy who is historically one of the best shooters in the game. Jose has been hitting his shots recently as well, so i don't know how you can fault Carmelo for passing to the wide open man. Carmelo has taken Kristaps and the team under his wing and they're having their 2nd most fun season in the last 10~ years because of it.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Has there been any updates on the interest in trading for Teague? What assets do the Knicks even have to give up?

BarbaraAlphanse

Knicks need 3-5 years of pure sucking to become legitimate. When a team has limited assets, it's best to pull and Alderson. It takes time and patience... But it is the best way to achieve the results you want.

Grunwald ****ed us with that Bargnani trade.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Knicks need 3-5 years of pure sucking to become legitimate. When a team has limited assets, it's best to pull and Alderson. It takes time and patience... But it is the best way to achieve the results you want.

Grunwald ****ed us with that Bargnani trade.

Basketball is different than all the other major sports in that you're dealing with a main roster with usually about 10 guys, as many as 15 though those guys are really just reserves. Basketball can easily be won in free agency, which really isn't the case in the other major sports. Knicks have Carmelo for another couple of years and KP long term. Two more pieces can make them contenders. Unfortunately for the Knicks, and the rest of the league for that matter, the Warriors are in dynasty mode, they are the best team in the league and could continue to dominate for years to come because they are very young. It make take 4 or 5 years for the Warriors to start to decline. The Knicks can definitely become competitive in a couple of years, but I don't think they can become good enough unless they can create superteam, which just isn't possible right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad