OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Melo wont get you Kyrie. Come on now. That'd be a highway robbery for the Knicks.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Knicks should throw money at Durant. LeBron WONT leave Cleveland again. Mark my words, he's a GM now. If they miss out on Durant, a big man like Horford makes sense.

EDIT: Drummond is FA too

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
This strangely sounds familiar from when Slats first took over.
There is no easy way out for the Knicks.
They simply need not to give away any more first round picks.
Money will not fix everything.
When the talent comes his triangle will work.

BarbaraAlphanse

Melo wont get you Kyrie. Come on now. That'd be a highway robbery for the Knicks.

Not really.

1- lebron is GM and coach of that team. Whatever he wants, happens. Melo is one of his best friends. They vacation together. Have family dinners together. And have talked about teaming up together. There's several interviews where they're both like "yea, we've talked about it, but we both have our own teams to lift up" or something or another like that.
2- Kyrie came off a much more serious knee injury than Melos. And he has taken a big step backward this year. The team isn't putting out reports out about him about his ineffectiveness in their system. They're questioning his character. The last one I saw was "Kyrie proves to management again that he isn't ready to lead by example".

3 years of Melo for a franchise who hasn't won a championship in how many years,'if ever, should be enough for Kyrie. In fact, from the discussions I've had with some of my friends who actually work with NBA teams, they think that the Knicks would hypothetically get the short end of the stick on that trade.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Kyrie is such a problem child why do you want him?

And this is coming from someone who despises Kyrie.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Kyrie is still averaging 20 and 5 despite missing time due to injury. Is only 23. He's a guy you can build your team around.

BarbaraAlphanse

If Kyrie is such a problem child why do you want him?

And this is coming from someone who despises Kyrie.

Never called him a problem child. He is being misused and is a fit trade wise, needs wise, and system wise. Also youth wise. That Cleveland team is in it to win now. Knicks are farther away. Needs met with both ends.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Never called him a problem child. He is being misused and is a fit trade wise, needs wise, and system wise. Also youth wise. That Cleveland team is in it to win now. Knicks are farther away. Needs met with both ends.

Just because a guy isn't a fit (not saying he isn't ) doesn't mean you give him away. Kyrie is just about to enter his prime.

BarbaraAlphanse

Just because a guy isn't a fit (not saying he isn't ) doesn't mean you give him away. Kyrie is just about to enter his prime.

Trading him for a top 5 player who is still debatably in his prime and best friends with the superstar you have is called giving him away?

News to me.

And you're talking to some one who is truly down on Melos value to the team.

Melo is 31. Cleveland isn't thinking about the next 5-10 years. They legitimately have a 3-4 year window of time to win their 1st ever NBA championship. In 45 years, they've never won one.

Teaming him up with a best friend, additional top 5 player in the league, is a no brainer.

Kyrie fits the Knicks' needs, and talent wise could hope to compare to what Melo brings to the table, now. He isn't a lock to provide similar production to Melo, and his knee injury at such an early age is another risk an acquiring team will inherit with him.

Melo fits the Cavs' needs, in their pursuit to win their first championship.

What did the Rangers give up for Yandle and MSL? That's the end goal. You overpay for that.

I even think that the Knicks could probably add in someone like Lance Thomas and get a late Cleveland first thrown in there, too. If Cleveland is desperate enough.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Cleveland are idiots if they trade Kyrie for Melo. They will remain title-less. Bron trying to mesh with Melo and Love would be must see tv.

BarbaraAlphanse

Cleveland are idiots if they trade Kyrie for Melo. They will remain title-less. Bron trying to mesh with Melo and Love would be must see tv.

Lebron can't work with Love nor Irving. He's now publicly putting Cleveland on notice. Unfollowing them on Twitter then not putting the insignificance to rest and storming out the interview. It's more likely he isn't really going to leave, but warning Cleveland that he'll get who he wants or he will leave.

Melo for Irving. Love for Russell. Cleveland signs another max guy.

BarbaraAlphanse

Either Melo for Irving, or Melo in a 3 way with Love going to the lakers or Celtics and recouping a lottery pick this year and either Clarkson from the lakers or the other Nets pick the Celtics own next year.

Get Brandon Ingram. He will be a star.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Bumping this thread!

I like the Hornacek signing. I would've preferred Vogel or Thibs but Hornacek is a smart guy and there's no malcontents like the Morii on the Knicks to railroad him.

To the discussion below, after these finals I would want no part of Kyrie. He looks so painfully outmatched by GSW. He somehow can't adapt to playing with the best player of the 21st century, and he can't play defense.

KreiderHouseRules*

Lebron James becomes the first player in sports history to not say the word "team" or "we" in the post-championship interview. All about himself. "Me me me." #classless

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Lebron James becomes the first player in sports history to not say the word "team" or "we" in the post-championship interview. All about himself. "Me me me." #classless

hgh6.gif

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Should've been one of Lopez or Grant. If they wanted to trade them both, try to get assets in different deals. Really should've gotten a 1st round pick somewhere.

I don't like this trade very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad