OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The refs cost them the game. Galloway is in a bad slump. Can't hit the floor. They look better without Carmelo.

Disagree. Knicks win tonight if Melo is playing.

What this game made obvious is that Afflalo should be the primary scorer for the bench unit. Dude can score and the bench needs scoring.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
thomas showed the world how not to play basketball in the last minute or 2 of the half lol. blatant travel after picking up his dribble, another turnover where he seamed to try to spike the ball off a knick lol, stopped the ball on final possession and chucked up a bad shot.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Kristaps is god. I don't know what Fish thinks he's accomplishing giving so many minutes to Seraphin and Lance.

I feel like they're monitoring his minutes so that he doesn't get worn down maybe?

It's really weird because I'm always wondering why he's not out there for what feels like 1/2 the game.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The problem isn't the minutes. It's the amount of times he is open and his teammates miss him. Today he showed the 3 ball. Also, RoLo takes up too much space that should go to Zinger in the 5 position which is what should be his deadliest spot. Also I can't stand Calderon.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The problem isn't the minutes. It's the amount of times he is open and his teammates miss him. Today he showed the 3 ball. Also, RoLo takes up too much space that should go to Zinger in the 5 position which is what should be his deadliest spot. Also I can't stand Calderon.

Tonight he didn't get nearly enough minutes-- he should've been in for Seraphin to start the 4th. Maybe then they could've closed the lead instead of letting it go back up to 20.

Seraphin gets way too many minutes, and when Lance is off he's VERY off and should be on the bench. Tonight he was very off until the end of the 4th Q.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Godzingis getting better by the day. What a star.

Lots of people eating crow.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

His best position is a stretch 4,not a 5.Calderon has been playing some great basketball these past few weeks.I'm not his biggest fan either,but hes been playing very well.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
KP's minutes will need to be watched because he will fatigue down the stretch. Hes playing against guys a lot stronger than him and he wont have played as many minutes in his life that he will get this year. Another thing limiting his minutes is his foul trouble. He fouls a lot and then has to take a seat so we have him in the 4th. That will improve with experience though.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Neither was the case last night. He wasn't in foul trouble and he played 35 minutes just a few seconds short of Carmelo for the team lead.

As far as Calderon I hate that he is afraid to shoot and he always does one more move than he should and turns it over quite often. He also plays very anxious its ridiculous to see a veteran play like that. I also hate when he should finish and can finish and instead throws that long pass to the 3pt line to throw away the easy 2 so his teammates can then miss the open 3. Its maddening how much this happens.

I also wish we didn't have to rely on Seraphin or Thomas or Amundson or guys like that but thems the breaks this year, you just don't build a great team in a day. We have gotten nothing out of O'Quinn.

I'm just glad we have Porzingis and that Grant has started to look better and will look much better as the season progresses. Its been documented Porzingis needs to add lbs but he is already pretty strong and is effective and I feel the lack of core strength is hurting Grant. He simply cannot penetrate.

BarbaraAlphanse

So when does Melo request to be traded?

Melo and Calderon for Beal porter and 2 1sts.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Knicks making awful teams look amazing and getting in double digit leads. Awful shooting all around but Carmelo fell off the face of the earth. It makes me sick to see him throw so many air balls and miss so badly. Sit him the **** down, he slows down the team and does nothing when he gets the ball. Just horrendous. And then there are all the other front court bums who can't score. Thank goodness for KP6 but he is not where he can carry this team. The backcourt is also missing badly. But the worst thing is the coach. He needs to start making some statements.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lebron James just went into the stands trying to save a loose ball and landed on Jason Day's wife who was sitting court side next to Jason. She's being stretchered out of the building. He nearly landed on Jason Day as well. Wow, this is very sad.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Fish has Kristaps and Langston on the bench for Grant and Rolo...who contributed nothing down the stretch. Knicks lose, subpar coaching.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I got a question for the Knicks fans.

Who do you want in free agency, Durant or Westbrook? I always hear about how the Knicks are going to pursue Durant in the offseason, but I think Westbrook would make a lot more sense. You guys basically have your own bad version of Durant in Melo, you got two big front line scorers already, why not get a PG who can set up his teammates, score 50 whenever he wants to, knows how to play with other star players and plays very good defense? That seems like such a better strategy. I also think you guys could be a better version of OKC's trio of Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka, considering the gap between what Porzingis and Ibaka is compared to what Melo and Durant are is much bigger and it would probably be a lot cheaper than what OKC pays for those players since Porzingis is on his rookie contract. The East is weak besides Cleveland. Knicks get Westbrook, and I think they might be able to make the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad