Series Talk: Nazzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Matthews
Kadri
Jarvis

Down the middle, would've been delicious. But Kyle had to Kyle.

First of all Seth Jarvis is not a Center.

Second of all please don’t be delusional. Amirov and Jarvis were two picks apart. The leafs even if they kept their original pick were more than likely taking Amirov. If Jarvis was their guy they would have made another trade with Carolina to swap picks. Or tried to trade up

Reactions: BayStBullies

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
1656334987274.png

Do any of the bean counters who decided to keep Dubas after 4 straight first round losses realize Dubas traded this guy for a couple of marshmallows ?? Well you dummies, this guy came back from a 6 week reconstructed broken thumb in two weeks and scored the OT winner on the road in game 4 and told you idiots to kiss his ass for giving up on him.

Now if you guys are real nice, he might let you touch it when he brings it home.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Personally, he isn't a Leafs player so I could care less if he wins 12 Cups.

I'm a lifelong Leafs' fan and don't really care for the Avs, nor non-Leafs when it comes to winning Cups.

I'd trade Matthews if it was in the best interest of the team.

Kadri should be happy he was sent away, he got a Cup which he probably wouldn't have in Toronto. At least not yet he wouldn't have. Taking the classy road is always good.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Good on Kadri. Hewas a Maple Leaf through and through.His maturity in Colorado shows that with a competent GM and coach he could be controlled. For all of those who said he had to be traded, Kadri said it best last night.

His suspension last year discredits this point.

Kadri is accountable for his own actions, full stop. He’s been suspended enough throughout his career to not be given the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: bax

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
My fave player. Don't like talking about it, me, not liking to talk? But its that way with Naz. Heart and soul is right. Beyond heart and soul. If that is possible. Married very, very well, good man.

And he played like he did cause he was on a team of ..... half asses making too much money.

Cash in Kadri, please, if I ever wanted a player to cash in, please let it be you.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
View attachment 562545

Do any of the bean counters who decided to keep Dubas after 4 straight first round losses realize Dubas traded this guy for a couple of marshmallows ?? Well you dummies, this guy came back from a 6 week reconstructed broken thumb in two weeks and scored the OT winner on the road in game 4 and told you idiots to kiss his ass for giving up on him.

Now if you guys are real nice, he might let you touch it when he brings it home.

I'm assuming you're talking about the analytic guys.

The community was split in half on keeping him or not. I wanted to keep him but you could make a few arguments for trading him:

1) Kadri never found great chemistry with the other guys on the team. Kapanen, Brown, Nylander, Marleau, Johnsson, Hyman were all tried on lines with him. I think Marner was the one guy that did but Marner was never gonna be his winger for long with Tavares and Matthews on the team.

2) He had 44 points in his final year with us in 73 games. If you're a ~50 point player, you can't be a liability, He was. If you're a 60-70 point player, you got some leeway. 80+, the team will help you bury bodies.

3) The Leafs had a very real hole at defense. They had an abundance of centers. You trade a strength to fill a weakness.

Ironically, the arguments against trading him were all based in analytics. The main one is that if you traded Kadri for a defenceman, that defenceman even if he was good, was not going to have as much of an impact on the overall game that Kadri did. Kadri basically gave us on OP 3rd line.

Reactions: ToneDog

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You know, the most insufferable fans are the Homer's who are kissing Matthew's, Marner's, and Dubas' feet as if they accomplished something. If those guys won something here, or showed that they know what it takes to potentially win something in the future, nobody would try to run them out of town. These guys are pathetic.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Kadri is accountable for his own actions, full stop. He’s been suspended enough throughout his career to not be given the benefit of the doubt.

IMO, he narrowly avoided it this year, when he ran Binnington. The picture of him both feet off the ice charging into him ... I think they blinked and let it go.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake

The Leafs wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt and the Avs gave him the Cup. I would gladly take the later. He has reformed in Colorado for whatever the reason.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
First of all Seth Jarvis is not a Center.

Second of all please don’t be delusional. Amirov and Jarvis were two picks apart. The leafs even if they kept their original pick were more than likely taking Amirov. If Jarvis was their guy they would have made another trade with Carolina to swap picks. Or tried to trade up
How do we know they didn't try?

P.S. I have no doubt Jarvis wasn't their guy. He looks impactful

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Personally, he isn't a Leafs player so I could care less if he wins 12 Cups.

I'm a lifelong Leafs' fan and don't really care for the Avs, nor non-Leafs when it comes to winning Cups.

I'd trade Matthews if it was in the best interest of the team.

Kadri should be happy he was sent away, he got a Cup which he probably wouldn't have in Toronto. At least not yet he wouldn't have. Taking the classy road is always good.
I don't think any fan would be concerned if Kadri was traded away "in the best interest of the team". The issue is, he wasn't.

We have Alex Kerfoot, ALEX KERFOOT, remaining from that trade. Again, ALEX KERFOOT.

You know how all Dubas fans think every other GM in the league is shit at their jobs. Archaic dinosaurs smoking cigars and sipping on malt in their own little country club? Nazem Kadri is the epitome of the player those over-the-hill GMs love. They all would've paid a King's ransom to get their hands on him.

What did Dubas get? Alex Kerfoot and a season of Tyson freaking Barrie.

Good God.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Good on Kadri. He was a Maple Leaf through and through.His maturity in Colorado shows that with a competent GM and coach he could be controlled. For all of those who said he had to be traded, Kadri said it best last night.

Does everyone just ignore his suspension in Colorado because it doesn't fit what he said last night? He has been suspended in 3 of the last 5 playoffs.

He also ran a goalie that led to injury this year, accidental, maybe, but he ends up in a lot of questionable situations and 3 have led to suspensions.

Happy for the guy, but he is continuing to make questionable plays.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Does everyone just ignore his suspension in Colorado because it doesn't fit what he said last night? He has been suspended in 3 of the last 5 playoffs.

He also ran a goalie that led to injury this year, accidental, maybe, but he ends up in a lot of questionable situations and 3 have led to suspensions.

Happy for the guy, but he is continuing to make questionable plays.

1656337778507.png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They all would've paid a King's ransom to get their hands on him.

Do you have a source? We know of two deals, both were not a king's ransom, but fair deals. I doubt there were better offers and it looks like he was being shopped, so you'd think they'd all be lining up with that king's ransom.

The fact that he is 3 games off of Wilson is insane to me, didn't realize he was performing so well.

Reactions: francis246
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad