• Uncertain

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Please keep this thread respectful.

I thought Nazem was one of our best players last night, but it seems like he has some problems meshing with his linemates. Looks to me like Babcock should pull out the blender.

kadri_celebrate_1280.jpg

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I mean Komarov has been hot garbage... so hard to disagree he's been an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marner

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I mean Komarov has been out garbage... so hard to disagree he's been an issue.

I'm on the fence about Komarov. I just don't know how to process what I see from him right now and need to see stats and other information.

This thread is about Kadri but Leo is line locked with him and its interesting to see what people think. If I am to pick one, I think he is starting to anchor Kadri.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Komarov's been playing like a 4th liner lately.

Hard to argue he belongs with Kadri at this point.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Definitely an anchor, playing Hyman with Kadri and Brown would create the same success as last year's line, with Hyman playing the Komarov game from last year better than this year's Komarov. Would also leave Marleau-Matthews-Marner and JVR-Bozak-Nylander.. awful by Babs standards

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Komarov hasn't been great, but not a lot of players have been great consistently this year, so it's hard to point a finger at any one person and say they're the problem. That said, I would love it if we could swap him and Brown/Leivo/Nylander (whoever happens to be on the fourth line that particular week), just to see how it goes. But all of Babs' left wingers are glued to their respective centermen, save for a few random games this year, so I'm not holding my breath.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The whole team has been garbage for a long stretch. First 10 games they were fun to watch, but since theyve started that dump and chase they haven’t been the aggressors and have been very fortunate. They’ve banked some points they didn’t deserve.

A lot has to do with Matthews being out and then coming back less than 100%. If they can scratch their way to .500 the rest of this month, get Matthews back and playing like normal, they’ll be alright in January.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Naz is having a decent season, Komarov has had an awful start.

Obviously, Naz would do better with a better linemate. But that goes for everyone on every team.

I like the balance lines approach, and it's been working. Our recent stretch of mediocre play with too many stretch passes and too much dump and chase doesn't make much sense to me, but swapping Leo out for a different winger (no fantasy trades allowed!) wouldn't necessarily change that.

I'm hoping Babcock has a theory, and we're struggling while it starts to take effect.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Leo Komarov has just 1 point at Even Strength this season.

I think that answers the question pretty emphatically.

Not only is Komarov hindering Naz, but Babcock treating Kadri like a shutdown guy means Matthews and Bozak get the moer skilled wingers

Will be interesting to see how Kadri’s offensive numbers fair next season when a skilled guy ends up replacing also (assuming he leaves in free agency)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Will be interesting to see how Kadri’s offensive numbers fair next season when a skilled guy ends up replacing also (assuming he leaves in free agency)
i'd imagine they'd stay roughly the same, maybe a little increase

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

I thought Nazem was one of our best players last night, but it seems like he has some problems meshing with his linemates. Looks to me like Babcock should pull out the blender.

It puts the team in prospective that when Kadri is your No.1 centre your not much of a team. He just doesn't have the speed needed to be in that position.

kadri_celebrate_1280.jpg

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The great thing is that Kadri has the talent, speed, and work ethic to be a centre and has been a top 20 centre last 1 and a half seasons. Habs dont have anyone as good as Kadri in the C position and no Drouin is not a C.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

kadri_celebrate_1280.jpg

Hindering in what sense?

Babcock has asked him to be a shut down guy.

Seems lately Matthews has been tinkered with against the opponents' top line but Kadri still gets the nod and we are winning and holding leads.

He's amongst our best scorers. Really good on the PP. whether he's scoring or not, good hands and sets up some great passes.

Won't even talk about the off ice stuff... but it's positive.

So what exactly do you mean by hindered? A 7 game slump? That's just a blip.

Last edited:

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
How about giving Kadri anyone else other than the anchor Komarov. Hes awful. People complain about Hyman but hes 10 times the player Komarov is.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I think so. Komarov used to be able to chip in offensively, but he's been a black hole this season so far. To think he's getting pp time with the forwards we have is even more absurd than him playing with Kadri.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Interestingly enough, after tonight's game, Kadri has shared more 5v5 ice time with Komarov than he's had with his starting goalie, Frederik Andersen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad